Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Any comparison is fair game people!

DeRozan is Allen without the 3 point shot, Kobe without the rings, lebron without the MVPs, Iverson without the handle, Duncan without the bank, shaq without the rap CD, Rambis without the glasses, Mchale without the up and under, Robert parish without the weed delivery, Larry Johnson without the illegitimate kiddies, Latrell without the choke, Riley without the suits, red without the cigar, Ewing without the nostrils, Jesus without the beard and sandals.

It's all good!
    Why is everyone being suck a dick about that comparison. What's wrong with it. You don't have to start saying shit like "Jesus without the beard and sandals." Like wtf dude. By that logic, any comparison ever made can be answered the same way.

Just say that he isn't and tell me why. Like damn
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Meanwhile, superstar Drummond got outplayed by both Mozgov and Pekovic, while shooting 41% and 25% FTs, in losing causes. He was hot in fouls though. Must be his team's fault.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Yeah but demar is in the league and is a three point shot away from Allen-lite while your a computer forum member without the ability to be jordan...

I don't understand how what I said was wrong really? And I guess I'm also sorry if I offended anyone.
        Don't worry, there was no offense taken

I'm paraphrasing, but it sounded like what you were implying was that DeRozan simply needs Allen's 3pt shot, in order to become Allen. That is, Allen's 3pt shot that happens to be the best shooting stroke the NBA has ever seen.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Don't worry, there was no offense taken

I'm paraphrasing, but it sounded like what you were implying was that DeRozan simply needs Allen's 3pt shot, in order to become Allen. That is, Allen's 3pt shot that happens to be the best shooting stroke the NBA has ever seen.
          That's not what I said, I clearly said he doenst have a three point shot and the reason I said that was because someone else was saying ross could be Allen. And I think that's more crazy tbh. If you actually read it, I said there pPG, rebounds, and assist were similar
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

That's not what I said, I clearly said he doenst have a three point shot and the reason I said that was because someone else was saying ross could be Allen. And I think that's more crazy tbh. If you actually read it, I said there pPG, rebounds, and assist were similar
            Well that's not as bad a comparison as the Ross/T-Mac comparison last year lmao. You know who you are!!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fair enough. The stats were pretty similar. Good observation.

Comment

Why is everyone being suck a dick about that comparison. What's wrong with it. You don't have to start saying shit like "Jesus without the beard and sandals." Like wtf dude. By that logic, any comparison ever made can be answered the same way.

Just say that he isn't and tell me why. Like damn
                I'm sorry dude. I was just having fun. Lots of DD comparisons to some of the games all time greats or best 3pt shooters flying around lately. It has taken him 5 years to legit get in to conversation of top 5/6 SG in the league. It just seems a bit much to me even with my perception of him rising exponentially over the last year.

The core/simple stats are similar.

If that was your only point - so be it, you're right, good call.

However when I look at the comparison I'm also thinking the eye test. Ray Allen is one of the smoothest and most natural and smooth players - possibly ever. I mean this is Jesus Shuttlesworth! DeRozan on the other hand is one of the hardest working players there are, no question, but very little about his game is natural, graceful or smooth (granted he has made strides in this department in the last year).

And when you're talking about Ray Allen it is tough not to think about 3s - same with someone like Reggie Miller.

Comment

• Yaba, it's just a funny comparison. Did you ever watch Ray Allen play? He and DeMar are like the polar opposites of each other in terms of play style.

Don't take it personal homie. You just can't match up stats and say one guy is like the other without x/y/z. You can say their stats are similar, but when you say that without explanation, the assumption is that you're comparing their play style too.

We're all just teasing in good fun. I'm pretty good at it, because I'm George Clooney without the looks, money, fame, or women.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Yaba, it's just a funny comparison. Did you ever watch Ray Allen play? He and DeMar are like the polar opposites of each other in terms of play style.

Don't take it personal homie. You just can't match up stats and say one guy is like the other without x/y/z. You can say their stats are similar, but when you say that without explanation, the assumption is that you're comparing their play style too.

We're all just teasing in good fun. I'm pretty good at it, because I'm George Clooney without the looks, money, fame, or women.
                    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Exactly the point
                      hahha shut it you

Comment

• I'm not sure why you guys are so Smug about dismissing the Derozan-Allen comparison. Allen never once carried an NBA team on his shoulders to anything significant, so, he isn't top tier, not elite. That alone puts them in similar circles, but for shits and giggles lets really think about it.

Ray Allen Played 3 years of College ball at UCONN on a pretty kickass team. But he wasn't the man right away, he had a fairly average point total in his rookie year then id increased nicely from 12-17-23 ppg. Thats impressive. He was under some really great coaching for all that time, and it truly helped him. When he entered the NBA he was pretty polished but still didnt crack 40% from 3pt range till his 4th year and he was pretty much on his way from there. he averages 13 a game in his first year, but didnt get to 22 a game until his 4th year. Not too shabby. Interestingly, one thing that never increased was his FT totals...get only got to the line a ton the first year and has never averaged more than 5 or so. He's an outside shooter, thats fair enough, he does that well.

In comparison, Demar Derozan went to USC, not a bad team, had a few good mates, but only played one year, and that year he was playing hurt and didnt really get it going until the end of the season. He still managed to average 20 a game in the playoffs for his team and then left or the NBA, 2 years earlier than Allen, and arguably much less ready. Derozan was NEVER a 3pt shooter an dhis numbers show it, he was and is a mid range slasher type. Interesting thing however, after bottoming out in his second NBA season at .096 from long range, Derozan went home, worked hard and raised that number by an amazing .170 then next year, and has raised that total by an alarming 20 points per years since then. Seeing as his third year in the NBA is actually developmentally the same as Ray Allens First, I would say thats where the comparisons starts.... and from that year one demar gets to the line more and scores just as much. His inefficiency from three, where he takes a ton less shots then Allen does is his Achilles heel. But really, that percentage is skewed as the actual attempts are way fewer than Allen. Rerozan has only taken 491 3pt shots in the NBA. Ray allen, at 5 years had taken 700, but he also played 40 less games and was less durable, WHILE not getting to the rim as much. So where Allen is efficient (although technically he's missed more 3's than Demar at 5 years) from long range, in fact Hall of Fame efficient, he doesn't create as much chaos or draw as many fouls as Derozan does inside the arc. BOTH players change the game with what they do.

So you see its really easy to look at a guy who has had 17 years in the NBA, and been a hired gun for a few championships at the end and laugh at Derozan as a comparison, but any educated basketball fan can see past that and actually see how they are actually very similar when compared solely on basketball development from college until their 5th years in the NBA.... which in Derozans case, really his 7th as he is two years of top D1 education behind. You can then see, if you're being non-biased, that although Ray Allen is perhaps a bit better, the comparison is fair, very, very fair actually.

Comment

• Oh, and for the record, the Jesus is my fav non-raptor player after Nash.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure why you guys are so Smug about dismissing the Derozan-Allen comparison. Allen never once carried an NBA team on his shoulders to anything significant, so, he isn't top tier, not elite. That alone puts them in similar circles, but for shits and giggles lets really think about it.

Ray Allen Played 3 years of College ball at UCONN on a pretty kickass team. But he wasn't the man right away, he had a fairly average point total in his rookie year then id increased nicely from 12-17-23 ppg. Thats impressive. He was under some really great coaching for all that time, and it truly helped him. When he entered the NBA he was pretty polished but still didnt crack 40% from 3pt range till his 4th year and he was pretty much on his way from there. he averages 13 a game in his first year, but didnt get to 22 a game until his 4th year. Not too shabby. Interestingly, one thing that never increased was his FT totals...get only got to the line a ton the first year and has never averaged more than 5 or so. He's an outside shooter, thats fair enough, he does that well.

In comparison, Demar Derozan went to USC, not a bad team, had a few good mates, but only played one year, and that year he was playing hurt and didnt really get it going until the end of the season. He still managed to average 20 a game in the playoffs for his team and then left or the NBA, 2 years earlier than Allen, and arguably much less ready. Derozan was NEVER a 3pt shooter an dhis numbers show it, he was and is a mid range slasher type. Interesting thing however, after bottoming out in his second NBA season at .096 from long range, Derozan went home, worked hard and raised that number by an amazing .170 then next year, and has raised that total by an alarming 20 points per years since then. Seeing as his third year in the NBA is actually developmentally the same as Ray Allens First, I would say thats where the comparisons starts.... and from that year one demar gets to the line more and scores just as much. His inefficiency from three, where he takes a ton less shots then Allen does is his Achilles heel. But really, that percentage is skewed as the actual attempts are way fewer than Allen. Rerozan has only taken 491 3pt shots in the NBA. Ray allen, at 5 years had taken 700, but he also played 40 less games and was less durable, WHILE not getting to the rim as much. So where Allen is efficient (although technically he's missed more 3's than Demar at 5 years) from long range, in fact Hall of Fame efficient, he doesn't create as much chaos or draw as many fouls as Derozan does inside the arc. BOTH players change the game with what they do.

So you see its really easy to look at a guy who has had 17 years in the NBA, and been a hired gun for a few championships at the end and laugh at Derozan as a comparison, but any educated basketball fan can see past that and actually see how they are actually very similar when compared solely on basketball development from college until their 5th years in the NBA.... which in Derozans case, really his 7th as he is two years of top D1 education behind. You can then see, if you're being non-biased, that although Ray Allen is perhaps a bit better, the comparison is fair, very, very fair actually.
                            you basically pointed out how they're completely different players but end up with a few similar stats in some fields purely out of coincidence really. they don't play the same. they don't get their points in similar ways. theres no fucking way you can compare derozan and ray allen unless someones never actually seen ray allen play before.

Comment

• Guys, the comparison was just me pulling the best players I could think of with similar play styles. The point was not really to compare Shaq vs Allen, but to point out how much closer Drummond is to his hypothetical best case than Ross is to his.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                you basically pointed out how they're completely different players but end up with a few similar stats in some fields purely out of coincidence really. they don't play the same. they don't get their points in similar ways. theres no fucking way you can compare derozan and ray allen unless someones never actually seen ray allen play before.
                                seriously?

hahaha

ok nevermind...game 2 can't come fast enough

Comment

Working...
                                X