East & West ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East & West ROM

The Milwaukee Bucks’ Brandon Jennings and Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry today were named the Eastern and Western Conference T-Mobile Rookies of the Month, respectively, for games played in March.
    RealGM.com

Sometimes I wish the Raptors selected Jennings even though I know DeMar has a lot of potential. Congrats to both these guys. Excellent players they are, stars they soon will be.

Kudos too to the Bucks gm for making that call. Jennings was so unsure about his position in the draft that he was not in attendance for fear that he'd be in the green room while being bypassed ...possibly into round 2. I think he deserves roy over Tyreke based on where his team is and the very real possibility he may have subjugated his stats and game for the team.

Comment

I don't know man. Jennings has a lot better team around him. Reke is killing everybody in front of him and has the Kings playing better than expected. You throw Reke on the Bucks team instead of Jennings and they'd be playing just as good. Reke is a more complete player.

Comment

I personally, today, would choose Evans over Jennings from a pure individual talent standpoint. For the roy though I think Jennings has made his team mates better to the point that they are where they are (even without a Michael Redd). Cant discount his coach here either.

This is an argument which often comes up...individual talent & personal stats or effect on the team and team standing. Its going to be a close call.

Comment

This isn't MVP. This is rookie of the year. Who was the best rookie in the NBA this season, not who was the most valuable rookie to their team this season.

Comment

Tyreke Evans is the better player but he's a system dependent player, due to his current flaws, for the time being. If you switched Tyreke with Jennings, I think the Bucks would likely be worse off. Then again, so would the Kings because Jennings couldn't add more to that team than Evans does.

Overall, I think Evans is the better player and has had the more successful season.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
            X