Amir's free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir's free agency

I know it's still early but would you guys re-sign Amir Johnson next summer and how much money would you be willing to give him?

If he holds up, I would like to resign him on a three-four year deal.

Money will depend on how he performs this year.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If performs as well as last year, I think someone is going to offer him $10 million a year. Big men are typically overpaid, and it's hard to find one that play both ways. And coaches love him.

I'd offer $8 mil a year for four years. If the cap goes up that feels like a great deal to me.

Comment

I'd definitely bring Amir back.. The whole 'home court discount' thing usually doesn't have merit but with Amir who knows? He's worth $10M a year if healthy. But health's been an issue (he plays 70+ games but not at full strength).

Because he's usually playing hobbled I'd have to see if he'd resign for $9M or less.. 2+1 is the kind of deal I'd give him. That wouldn't hand cuff the team too much in 3 years assuming he picks up his player option that year - especially with the cap going up the way it will.

Comment

IMO if he commands 9-10M it's too much. As much as I like Amir, I'd rather keep the money to get a big fish in free agency in 2015 or 2016. Re-sign Hansbrough and get what you want in 2016 would be my option, whether a Sf or a Pf or both..

Comment

Amir seems like a down to earth kind of guy , I doubt he'll command a lot of money and Raps will resign him to a reasonable deal. I just can't imagine a scenario where Amir and the Raps have a falling out of any sort In regards to a contract extension.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

That being said I'd offer him 3 years at 6-7 mil.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                3 and 20 seems fair to me. i have been a supporter of letting him walk though, because of the ankle. i would prefer milsap to amir, with peterson off the bench.

Comment

LMFAO some of yall have gone insane my goodness. Amir Johnson will not resign for less then 8-mill per. Amir is deserving of 10mill per year at least. There's absolutely no way he signs for less then Patterson because what Amir brings defensively is crucial to this teams success. The only we Amir should leave is if we have a better option at PF and BTW 2pat is not the answer. Yall are probably the same people who think your gonna resign DeMar at like 15mill per Lmao. DeMar is getting the MAX
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Amir should walk away at that offer. Because it's disrespectful for a player like Amir

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      IMO if he commands 9-10M it's too much. As much as I like Amir, I'd rather keep the money to get a big fish in free agency in 2015 or 2016. Re-sign Hansbrough and get what you want in 2016 would be my option, whether a Sf or a Pf or both..
                      Hans is terrible loool of Amir walks thus teams defense will plummet

Comment

I would like Amir to retire a Raptor. If we can re-sign him at a reasonable rate, I say give him four or five years. Let his injury status determine the rate.... If he's super-hobbled after this year, he'll take less, if not, we offer more. It's hard to say what agents will be pushing for given the cap increase. I think if he's healthy $8-9mm would be a bargain under the new cap. But that might be dreaming. I honestly have no idea.

The guy loves Toronto, he embraces the fans, he's the embodiment of grit and hustle, and he's a terrific representative for this franchise. That's in addition to his great defensive BBIQ and solid offensive finishing. So let's make him a fixture at the ACC.

Much of the decision, I guess, will have to involve weighing who else we are targeting in free agency in 2015 and 2016. But I trust Masai to make the right call.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          LMFAO some of yall have gone insane my goodness. Amir Johnson will not resign for less then 8-mill per. Amir is deserving of 10mill per year at least. There's absolutely no way he signs for less then Patterson because what Amir brings defensively is crucial to this teams success. The only we Amir should leave is if we have a better option at PF and BTW 2pat is not the answer. Yall are probably the same people who think your gonna resign DeMar at like 15mill per Lmao. DeMar is getting the MAX

why is demar not taking full money worthy of hilarity? do you think he is a horrible person who puts himself before the team? if a guy like bosh can sacrifice money to win why not demar? i don't see why you have such a low opinion of his personal character

Comment

Is Amir really that good? I mean I really like him as a person but... just never felt that hes the starter we need at PF...

But then again.. I may be very biased, since my criticism of his tendencies to shoot three pointers, turning the ball over while driving, and lose rebound opportunities, tends to overlook the positives that he offers

Idk.. I always liked athletic PFs like Faried and so on

I am given the impression that Amir really needs improvements on footwork and lower body strength

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                              Is Amir really that good? I mean I really like him as a person but... just never felt that hes the starter we need at PF...

But then again.. I may be very biased, since my criticism of his tendencies to shoot three pointers, turning the ball over while driving, and lose rebound opportunities, tends to overlook the positives that he offers

Idk.. I always liked athletic PFs like Faried and so on

I am given the impression that Amir really needs improvements on footwork and lower body strength
                              Your description of Amir sounds like a one-year description of Amir. Last year he was hobbled by ongoing injury, and did not look like himself. He had the worst rebounding % of his career as a Raptor.

It was the first year he started shooting the 3; here's what Casey said: "I want to work with him this summer to get his jumper to where it’s automatic. As he gets older and more experience in the league, he can increase it to the three-point line. I think that’s his next growth." If Amir is shooting too many 3s, that's on the coach. Same goes for Psycho T.

On D, Amir does all the little things. In 2012-13 Amir was probably our MVP, as our D improved by about 7 points when he was on the floor (last year he was neutral).

This year will be the test to see whether or not he can bounce back or whether he's going to become a 18-22 minute role-playing backup the rest of the way. Much of this will have to do with his health.

As for Faried.... I'm not completely sold. Denver's defense was 7.7 points worse (opponent Orating of 111.5 vs 103.8) with him on the floor. The guy is definitely athletic but I'd take a guy like Paul Millsap all day every day over Faried.

Comment

Working...
                              X