DeRozan: "If I could finish my career here" - M. Grange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Imagine, a player who appreciates the culture and listens to what's inside instead of the ESPN anti-anything that's not American personalities.

I would have went with somebody not on this third team. Maybe Tim Duncan? Karl Malone? Alex English?
    Indeed. If he's our Pierce, hopefully we don't trade him when he's only got a few years left before retirement.

He's our Reggie!

Comment

+1

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Indeed. If he's our Pierce, hopefully we don't trade him when he's only got a few years left before retirement.

He's our Reggie!
        No, he's our Demar!

(Hurrahs all around as we carry him off to the sunset, Matt stands off to the side taking long 2s)
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Ugh this is love in is so depressing lol. Again, as long as demar is here chucking, our ceiling is going to be "also-ran"
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Hes still high usage low efficiency and that will probably never change. Great read, great guy, great #3-4 option, but we'll never reach the finals with demar derozan being the center piece or taking the most shots on the team. Personally i love our 1, 4 and 5 spots but we need a TRUE all star wing, top 15 talent.

Flame away people.
            Ugh this is love in is so depressing lol. Again, as long as demar is here chucking, our ceiling is going to be "also-ran"
            You seem to be the one intent on flaming. This thread was created to discuss a well written article, about the value, to the franchise, of DeMar's commitment, work ethic, and leadership. But yeah, the thread needs this type of input that 50 people have previously "shared" 1,000 times, in 100 threads. smh

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Imagine, a player who appreciates the culture and listens to what's inside instead of the ESPN anti-anything that's not American personalities.

I would have went with somebody not on this third team. Maybe Tim Duncan? Karl Malone? Alex English?
              Only said Pierce because he didn't leave Boston by choice. He would have died in Boston if they didn't trade him (for a pretty sweet haul, admittedly). He'll end up in front office or coaching staff for the Celtics at some point.

Comment

I never got why players wanted so badly to play for the Lakers or the Celtics. Or even the Bulls. I mean what are your chances of being remember as THE Laker or THE Celtic when so many banners and so many HOF jerseys are hanging from the ceiling?

If I was an NCAA player entering the draft, I would pray for being drafted by a "virgin team". So much more exciting (as long as the city itself is a cool place to live).

If I play FIFA, I take the shittiest team and aim at winning multiple Champions' League titles. It'll take me way more time than if I picked Real Madrid, but that'll be way more satisfying.

What's the point of doing something that so many before you have done and so many after you will do?

Comment

Hes still high usage low efficiency and that will probably never change. Great read, great guy, great #3-4 option, but we'll never reach the finals with demar derozan being the center piece or taking the most shots on the team. Personally i love our 1, 4 and 5 spots but we need a TRUE all star wing, top 15 talent.

Flame away people.
                  Average efficiency, not low. Low efficiency is Allen Iverson. DeMar's PPS and TS% are right around league average. Considering the volume he's doing that at, he's a star level player.

DeRozan is a #2 option on a regular championship team. He could be the #1 scoring option if the team was built perfectly but that would be tough (think Rip Hamilton on the Pistons).

I think it was mcHAPPY who mentioned Horford.

If Bruno becomes a strong 3+D guy at least by the 2016-17 season, and Jonas is a star bigman by then... tell me how a lineup of

Lowry
                  DeRozan
                  Bruno
                  Horford
                  Valanciunas

Isn't contending for an NBA finals spot? Especially if it's well coached (maybe upgrade on Casey?) and the bench is strong?

Comment

Demars loyalty and dedication should improve his trade value. Amir too

Comment

Give that man citizenship!!!

Comment

Anyone else notice that it says "54-28 record last season" when Casey pops up at about the 20th second? dafuq?

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                          Anyone else notice that it says "54-28 record last season" when Casey pops up at about the 20th second? dafuq?
                          After the 6-12 start, we went 42-22. That's a 54 win pace stretched out over a full season.

Comment

well al I know is that we are on pace to hit my prediction of 69 wins.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Loved this quote:

Been a Demar "fanboy" since Day-1 and proud of it.
                              I think I know what my first Raptors jersey will be...after 20 years of being a fan

Comment

Working...
                              X