Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Reasons Why the Raptors won't win a Championship in the next 10 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Reasons Why the Raptors won't win a Championship in the next 10 years.

1) Lebron James
    2) Kevin Durant
    3) Anthony Davis

Davis' line tonight was fucking cartoonish.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578293

Basketball is just one of those leagues where a single player can dominate the entire league. And every ten years a once-in-a-generation player comes a long, like Jordan, that is simply unstoppable in their prime, especially when their elite star power starts attracting high quality, complementary talent.

Right now, it feels like there's two guys like that, with a third (Davis) in the wings.

I guess I don't really have an argument here, other than HOLY SHIT THESE GUYS ARE GOOD. It's a great time to be a basketball fan.

KD in a toronto uniform come 2016.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

OP: Why dont you have this moved to the "Everything Raptors" forum...I think the related content is obvious.

You have a point but I am not willing to concede as long as Masai is here at least. Besides, 10 years is a generation in basketball terms. A lot can change such as free agency, movement of players, the draft to name a few. Each of the players are great but their supporting cast needs to mesh and be decent.

You have to play the games!

Comment

2014 Spurs would disagree.

Also AD could very well end up like KG, an all-time great who doesn't have enough help.

I don't believe any of those guys are insurmountable obstacles. Difficult, yes, but 10 years is a long time.

Comment

Three reasons why the Raptors will win a championship in less than 10 years.

1) Masai ujiri
          2) Masai ujiri
          3) Masai ujiri

Comment

In 2024, the next "LeBron" would only be a sophomore in high school today, lol. How could we possibly forecast which superstars will be entering the league in the next 10 years?
            Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 29, 2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              2014 Spurs would disagree.

Also AD could very well end up like KG, an all-time great who doesn't have enough help.

I don't believe any of those guys are insurmountable obstacles. Difficult, yes, but 10 years is a long time.
              You have to give the Spurs and Mavs the credit they deserve, of course. But I think Lebron has shown the rest of the league how a superstar can leverage their power in free agency to rebuild a franchise.

Once KD and Davis get out of their contracts, who knows what they'll able to pull of. I like Masai as much as the next guy but I wouldn't bet against a team that has one of these three players.
              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Wed Oct 29, 2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Buzz killer!!! It's opening day guy.

You havent been conversing with poster GLF are you?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Buzz killer!!! It's opening day guy.

You havent been conversing with poster GLF are you?

LOL. I know, I know.

Comment

A little perspective on Davis' stat line from last night was in order.
                    a) the 26 points was on 22 shots. Under .500 isn't typically a good night for a primarily post scorer. His midrange game was poor (2/6) and he missed a bunch around the hoop. Of course he got a bunch of his own rebounds. But...
                    b) Davis, Anderson, and Asik all got 7 or more offensive rebounds. It's Orlando after all. Better teams don't allow that many offensive rebounds.
                    c) There were a lot of misses that game. Like, 112 misses in total. Everybody's rebounding stats get inflated on a night like that. Vucevic had 23 rebounds for Orlando. Evans had almost double his average from the last few seasons.

On the other hand, 9 blocks? Yeah, that's impressive no matter who you're playing. I'm not saying he didn't have a good game, but I've heard a few people talking about this like it's an all-time great stat line. Nah, other than the blocks it's not all that impressive, just a product of the game that was being played.

Comment

Theres been countless teams that one without one of the top 3 players in the league. Bad boy pistons did it twice with depth and of course Isaiah but we could conceivably get someone like that soonish. New age pistons, the Texas teams as mentioned. Durant can't even get back to the finals so not sure why he's stopping the raptors. Excuses are for losers.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The draft and Free Agency could land us a star.....
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

To your 3 reasons I can give you 5 more:
                          1. Pistons
                          2.Spurs
                          3.Pistons AGAIN
                          4.Dallas
                          5.Spurs
                          Understand it however you can.

Comment

There's only 2 NBA Champions in that list of 3 guys, and two from one guy.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

But KD is coming here...

Comment

Working...
                              X