No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry needs to fire his agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varejao is tenacious. He's got a few intangibles Amir doesn't have but don't get me wrong, he's not a $10M/yr player in my books.

I don't think the Raptors can justify giving Amir $10M/yr and if somebody wants to do that then it says a lot about where that team is and is heading.

Comment

I love Amir, but Varejao is the Punch Sockalingum (TDot reference) of rebounders. Man owns the boards in every town.
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Kemba Walker is underrated.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Varejao's also LeBron's good buddy, and we all know Cleveland will basically do anything, no matter how smart/stupid to try and keep LeBron as happy as possible. I do believe LeBron wants to keep Andy around.

Kemba's deal is fine. He's young and a top 3 player on Charlotte's team, and actually critical to their gameplan.

The real headscratcher I saw today is the rumour that Minny and Rubio are closing in on a deal that could be worth $52-54M. I don't care if that's 4 or 5 years, both would be overpays....just one a much worse overpay. If it's 4, Minnesota should just get stripped of their NBA team. They shouldn't be allowed to exist as a franchise.

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
            I love Amir, but Varejao is the Punch Sockalingum (TDot reference) of rebounders. Man owns the boards in every town.
            The guys missed like 150 games in the past 3 seasons
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

I know. Watch him mysteriously come to full health this season

Comment

I think people are confused by my OP.

I actually think Kemba deserves that money based on the current market.

I'm saying Lowry should fire his agent because he should've been able to get more than 12M per year.

Comment

The contract that Lowry got was purely dictated by his choices to enter free agency and test his market value. Not much an agent can do in those situations. Agents have different manuevers in free agency, but when the suitors are few and the market value isn't there, there isn't much an agent can use as leverage. Even an average Joe could read through the smoke and mirrors of Miami and the Lakers entering into the bidding war. Houston was the only option for Lowry and both the opportunity and dough weren't there. Lowry, in that sense, was even lucky to even 4 years, $48mil b/c any other GM would have lowballed in such an instance. Giving that deal to Lowry was more token of gratitude/ gesture of good faith by Masai.

Comment

this is an overpay based on todays market.

things to consider

1.) TV DEAL money

2.) Incremental growth in him as a player

3.) This could turn into a situation where he is overpaid growing towards underpaid by the end of the deal
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

So then...no one else noticed the ridiculousness that might happen with Rubio?

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                        The contract that Lowry got was purely dictated by his choices to enter free agency and test his market value. Not much an agent can do in those situations. Agents have different manuevers in free agency, but when the suitors are few and the market value isn't there, there isn't much an agent can use as leverage. Even an average Joe could read through the smoke and mirrors of Miami and the Lakers entering into the bidding war. Houston was the only option for Lowry and both the opportunity and dough weren't there. Lowry, in that sense, was even lucky to even 4 years, $48mil b/c any other GM would have lowballed in such an instance. Giving that deal to Lowry was more token of gratitude/ gesture of good faith by Masai.
                        Going to free agency was always the best option for Lowry to actually test the market and make different comparisons. I assume he can rest easy knowing he didnt short change himself by doing that. The other option was to sign an extension and of course there are restrictions on term with it. I doubt he would have got the 12 per in the extension...so he did come out ahead.

Comment

Rubio is in the 55 million dollar range, I did not hear if that was four years or five
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Really, see that as a great price for him. If you think demar is underrated, kemba is like 10 times that, he has been quietly carrying the hornets to success and he is one of the clutchest players in the league.

He looks like a guy that would get a max contract in free-agency. I see this as a great deal!
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Rubio is in the 55 million dollar range, I did not hear if that was four years or five
                              My thought is...does it matter? Range I saw was 52-54.....that's $10M+ over 5, or $13M+ over 4....both those are way too high.

Comment

In this regard, I wish the trend of bridge contracts (popular in the NHL) transitioned over to the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X