• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dion Waiters + Reggie Jackson =

BRICK CITY!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The 1st rounder, which is top-18 protected, comes in an average draft. Getting Shumpert and Smith doesn't help their frontcourt is in clear need of someone. Plus they're both players who are below average in most things. Shumpert will dramatically help their wing defense, but the Cavs are mired in injury woes and he'll add to their figures on the sidelines. Smith is 5xtimes worse than Waiters in the lockerroom and is just another trigger happy ballstopper who'll keep the ball out of Lebron's hands. Plus they already have shooters in Miller, James Jones (not to mention Irving, Love among others). I'm not sure how this helps the Cavs.... the point of this thread is to watch them toil and there's nothing better than to see them do things that make them worse.
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

• For anyone overly excited about the Knicks woes next season and the Raptors owning their pick in the 2016 draft...pl remember that Denver has first choice to swap that pick with theirs. Lets hope that Denver has a very shitty season too!!!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          For anyone overly excited about the Knicks woes next season and the Raptors owning their pick in the 2016 draft...pl remember that Denver has first choice to swap that pick with theirs. Lets hope that Denver has a very shitty season too!!!
          The Knicks could have a decent team next year. They will have a lot of cap space. Moving JR Smith was a bonus because he had another year after this one.

If the Knicks get a top caliber guard like Dragic, and shot blocker/rebounder like Jordan (don't think Gasol is going anywhere) with a top 3 pick in this years draft they might be a playoff team - especially in the East.

I'm not sure if that pick is going to end up as nice as we all hope it will.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            The Knicks could have a decent team next year. They will have a lot of cap space. Moving JR Smith was a bonus because he had another year after this one.

If the Knicks get a top caliber guard like Dragic, and shot blocker/rebounder like Jordan (don't think Gasol is going anywhere) with a top 3 pick in this years draft they might be a playoff team - especially in the East.

Jordan is terrible as a triangle big. Lots of ifs just to become at best non-lottery bound in the East. Knicks should just accept a few year of rebuilding like the Celtics. Melo was a terrible decision

Comment

• I can't believe the Cavs broke up the best backcourt in the NBA. What a shame!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Jordan is terrible as a triangle big. Lots of ifs just to become at best non-lottery bound in the East. Knicks should just accept a few year of rebuilding like the Celtics. Melo was a terrible decision
                They had such a good team before trading the whole team for Melo ... though that was when Amare didn't need a walker ...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I can't believe the Cavs broke up the best backcourt in the NBA. What a shame!
                  Quote of the Day regarding the Trade. Haha

Also blown away the best they could get for Waiters was the older version of him in JR (and Iman, who no one really knows what he's still got left).

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Quote of the Day regarding the Trade. Haha

Also blown away the best they could get for Waiters was the older version of him in JR (and Iman, who no one really knows what he's still got left).
                    Also got a 1st round pick, which more than a few people thought was an overpay by OKC.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      They had such a good team before trading the whole team for Melo ... though that was when Amare didn't need a walker ...
                      The good exciting Knicks became the good exciting Nuggets minus a ballhog. Lee, Galinari, Chandler, Movgov, Felton, picks gone for Melo.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Also got a 1st round pick, which more than a few people thought was an overpay by OKC.
                        Touche. Good call. Forgot about the pick.

Comment

• This is pretty hilarious. Even Scott Brooks doesn't know what to make of this trade lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

"If"...is the operative word. Phil Jackson himself is pretty uncertain about how free agents will view his team in light of the Knicks season. There have been scenarios that the Suns might trade Bledsoe for other upgrades (they have Ennis in storage) and give Dragic a big deal...so I think considering all factors/options NY is not a prime spot for him. There was a reason I think why they signed his brother this year. Re Jordan (DeAndre?), he is a more athletic version of Chandler...and if PJ thought Chandler was surly they should sign him...big mistake and couldnt effectively offensively participate in a trangle offense imo (no jump shot and suspect passing).

Anyway chin up and wish the Knicks a very crappy season next year ...will you?
                            Last edited by Bendit; Tue Jan 6, 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Ya I don't see too many players signing up to play with Melo in the Triangle. Not looking good for Knicks and PJack.

Comment

• Sam Hinkie must be pissed...
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X