Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Rubio 4/55million....

Um. What?

Some of these deals coming out today are insane. But this one has to be the tops.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Um. What?

Some of these deals coming out today are insane. But this one has to be the tops.
    I can't believe they're hitching their wagon to this guy. He's talented but a terribly flawed player that has shown barely any improvement the past few years.

Comment

I think he's more than worth it. Way underrated.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        I think he's more than worth it. Way underrated.
        Honest question: Would you trade Lowry for him straight up?

Comment

It would be a tough call. For our team construction as is, I say no. We rely a lot on our outside shooting. But in terms of PG value, it is pretty close for me, with Lowry probably better. But Rubio is young and still getting better, so that might not hold two or three years from now at the ends of their respective contracts.

Keep in mind Lowry is underpaid relative to his value to the team. Rubio actually got one of the more reasonable extensions handed out this week.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

A guy that has averaged 10/8/4 for his career while shooting 37%FG and 32% from 3. He does ok with the 2.3 steal, but turns it over 3 times. I dunno about that, but if it's going rate, then hey...

I'll admit I haven't seen him play a tonne, so I'll reserve true judgement until later this season after I watch a bunch of these Wolves games this year. If he can get that FG% up around 45% that'll add at least 3 points and the numbers won't look so bad I suppose. He is playing 32 MPG so it's not like he's not getting mins. More talent around him now should help for sure.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              It would be a tough call. For our team construction as is, I say no. We rely a lot on our outside shooting. But in terms of PG value, it is pretty close for me, with Lowry probably better. But Rubio is young and still getting better, so that might not hold two or three years from now at the ends of their respective contracts.

Keep in mind Lowry is underpaid relative to his value to the team. Rubio actually got one of the more reasonable extensions handed out this week.
              I'm so iffy on Rubio. He's still only 24 so he's got that going for him. But you'd expect to see improvement with his shot after three years. He's one of those guys that seems like he should be further along than he is right now.

Edit: And he's never really lead or played for a winning team. Not all his fault, of course, but I think if you magically switched Lowry with Rubio last year, the Timberwolves win five more games and the Raptors end up in the lottery.
              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Sat Nov 1, 2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                I'm so iffy on Rubio. He's still only 24 so he's got that going for him. But you'd expect to see improvement with his shot after three years. He's one of those guys that seems like he should be further along than he is right now.

Edit: And he's never really lead or played for a winning team. Not all his fault, of course, but I think if you magically switched Lowry with Rubio last year, the Timberwolves win five more games and the Raptors end up in the lottery.
                I doubt that last statement is true. With Rubio in the court (with or without Love) the TWolves had a huge net positive point differential. They only lost as many games as they did (and they were still .500 out West and would have made the playoffs in the East easily) because their play when Rubio sat was abysmal - like worst bench in the league abysmal.

Rubio and Love basically kept that team afloat in the meat grinder of the Western Conference with zero help.

His jump shot is never going to be great, or probably even good. But he's been crazy effective even without one. Obviously he needs the right personnel around him, but that's true of most players - even LeBron needs floor spacers to be at his most effective.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wiggins + Rubio + Bennett 20M+ salary dump

Comment

I'm a big Rubio fan actually. If he can learn how to shoot, he can be dynamite and that contract would look like a steal.

Rubio i think is also the perfect PG for that Wolves team.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

He will develop his shot, he's too gifted not to become good at it if he works hard.

Comment

Shooting is something you can learn and get better at. There have been many cases of it (best example is Jason Kidd). I don't mind him as a PG. Wasn't a big fan of that contract, but after seeing the contracts that players like Meeks, Burks got... it's more than reasonable.
                        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

He doesn't even need to become one of the best. He just needs to have a good enough shot to make them not want to back off of him. Very attainable goal if you ask me.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            He doesn't even need to become one of the best. He just needs to have a good enough shot to make them not want to back off of him. Very attainable goal if you ask me.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                            How attainable is it really? RR isn't some 1st or 2nd year player, his shot hasn't gotten better at all since he's been drafted. He has zero confidence in his jumper and his coach would routinely sub him out in the 4th because of this.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Rubio is out indefinitely that means Mo Williams is the starter and Zach Lavine is in the rotation as a point guard. Remember the thread leading up to the draft, re Lavine, "he's a point guard, no he's not?"

Comment

Working...
                              X