Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're still in Canada

Toronto is still in Canada.

If anyone needs proof, visit CNNSI, NBA.COM, and ESPN and try to find one mention of Toronto on any of the front pages of the sites.

It's pretty fucking sad how they run that league. I don't need special treatment for my team, but the third biggest market, with the best and most engaging fans as far as web traffic goes and you treat them like shit.

It bothers fans like me, and it affects free agency. Every effin year, an up hill battle.

Lmao! Man, we beat Atlanta and Orlando. Who gives a shit about that honestly? Especially when u have Klay going off for 41 against Kobe.

If you/this team want respect they have to beat Miami and Chicago this week. And even then don't expect too much.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Meh. We still have a great opportunity to go 82-0, so fuck ya all

Comment

The league with be kissing our ass in a year
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

OP must be old enough to remember Carter years.

Raps led off every SC and CNN/SI..... What did VC do tonight!?!?!!

Get an exciting superstar or become a legit contender year in and year out and you'll get attention.

Raps have not done dick squat yet.

Comment

whatever.

You're all on the maryjuwanna

Comment

yah im sure "raptors shoot like rudy gay and barely edge by orlando" would be a great headline.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                whatever.

You're all on the maryjuwanna
                I would guess chemicals with most of our mood swings.

But I think your op highlights a symptom of 20 years if raptors fans. Biggest complaint of tanking is allowing a loser culture/mentality take root. I think that has happened with raptor fans as a whole in general and don't realize making the playoffs is not a big deal, over half the league makes it every year.....as masai said when he took over.

Comment

I really don't get why anyone here needs American media validation. Who cares what they think or say, or in our case, not say.

Why would they waste the space when its American eye balls they want on their site, which drives advertising revenue, which pays their salaries.

Comment

If we want respect the following needs to happen this season:

- 50+ wins
                    - Knock a "heavyweight" out of the playoffs (CLE, CHI or even MIA actually they still look like a very strong team)
                    - Play an exciting brand of basketball (quick ball movement, bench mob, etc) that fans can identify with (see the Warriors)

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

- 50+ wins
                      - Knock a "heavyweight" out of the playoffs (CLE, CHI or even MIA actually they still look like a very strong team)
                      - Play an exciting brand of basketball (quick ball movement, bench mob, etc) that fans can identify with (see the Warriors)
                      You forgot move to the states.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

- 50+ wins
                        You need stars, as mcHappy mentioned. Nobody really covers the Grizzlies, and nobody really cared about the Nuggets when they won 57.

Fans need personalities to latch on to and identify with.

I personally am a fan of ball movement but he doesn't wear a jersey or make Doritos ads.

Comment

Highlighting...or not on American TV doesnt do squat for me.

What really pisses me off is that Canadian media are most culpable about not making some waves with some decent reportage about the Raptors now that they at least deserve more than maybe less than a minute on the main sports news channels and a pickup of vanilla output by UP/Reuters on the game....and if we get lucky a 100 word column by Doug Smith by the largest circulated paper in this town. Of course they like sleeping with a hockey stick than a basketball...but it still is no excuse.

Now, that is pathetic.

Comment

Yes this is Canada but before we talk about the American media. The Canadian Media doesn't give 2 shits about us and they always put the raptors secondary to other sports like Hockey, Curling, etc

So before we seek some respect from abroad we need more respect from our own country
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                              I really don't get why anyone here needs American media validation. Who cares what they think or say, or in our case, not say.

Why would they waste the space when its American eye balls they want on their site, which drives advertising revenue, which pays their salaries.
                              Exactly.

I'm in media and can say that American outlets do not track Canadian viewership because it makes them no $$$ and costs money to monitor. If the viewers that do make American media $$$ don't care about the Raps why should the Media? It's systematic and has been at the root of this debate for 20 years.

VC was a huge draw, a worldwide spectacle-- it will take something like that to get the attention this great market deserves (Jurrassic Park did it, a deep playoff run would also).

Comment

Working...
                              X