Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack 11 raises a more important point

Comment

Honestly it had to do with covering your markets. It makes no sense for American media to cover a canadian team, especially since we already have (theoretically, anyways) our own media outlets.

That'd be like Sportsnet Ontario covering the Edmonton Eskimos or a Cleveland station covering the Cincinnati Bengals
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I don't give a shit about what US media says since I don't live there. I'm more disgusted with the Canadian media on how very limited the coverage is for the Raptors on free/basic cable when the reality is that the Raptors are Toronto's best team right now. Yeah sure they have NBA TV Canada, but it's not available for people who can only afford basic cable like me. Or how Sunday Night Football, with no Toronto/Buffalo Team playing is gonna show on TSN1,3,4,5 while a huge Raptor game vs the Miami Heat are on TSN2!!!

They have been doing that before, how they would show sports like NASCAR, Curling, Poker, etc. on a basic channel and put the Raptors on channels that you have to pay extra if you're on basic cable.

And the usual SportsCentre run through: Hockey, hockey, Sidney Crosby, Why the Leafs suck? What should the Leafs do? Should they fire Carlyle? Should Reimer or Bernier Start? 10 seconds of Raptor Highlights, Other Canadian Hockey Teams, American Hockey teams, Other sports...

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
          I really don't get why anyone here needs American media validation. Who cares what they think or say, or in our case, not say.

Why would they waste the space when its American eye balls they want on their site, which drives advertising revenue, which pays their salaries.
          Really. Basic business explains it. If people want to feel hurt by that, I don't understand the need either.

I see the conversation has now turned more on the Canadian media. Perhaps there's a little more reason to say something, but it's pretty much the same deal. Business. Hockey has a MUCH larger viewership/readership, and generates MUCH more media revenue. No sense crying over it. It's a process. Raptor fandom is growing across the country, and when (not if) it grows big enough, there will be more coverage. In the meantime, we've got a team, the team is developing into a very promising one, so who the fuck cares if ESPN American media types don't cater to a market that isn't theirs?

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            I don't give a shit about what US media says since I don't live there. I'm more disgusted with the Canadian media on how very limited the coverage is for the Raptors on free/basic cable when the reality is that the Raptors are Toronto's best team right now. Yeah sure they have NBA TV Canada, but it's not available for people who can only afford basic cable like me. Or how Sunday Night Football, with no Toronto/Buffalo Team playing is gonna show on TSN1,3,4,5 while a huge Raptor game vs the Miami Heat are on TSN2!!!

They have been doing that before, how they would show sports like NASCAR, Curling, Poker, etc. on a basic channel and put the Raptors on channels that you have to pay extra if you're on basic cable.

And the usual SportsCentre run through: Hockey, hockey, Sidney Crosby, Why the Leafs suck? What should the Leafs do? Should they fire Carlyle? Should Reimer or Bernier Start? 10 seconds of Raptor Highlights, Other Canadian Hockey Teams, American Hockey teams, Other sports...
            Honestly, couldn't have said it better...

Comment

Good talk boys......

Now lets kick the living shit out of Chris Bosh!

Comment

It sticks in my mind that the Raptors have yet to beat Miami in 4+ seasons since Bosh went there.

Comment

It's nothing personal, Canada! National media in the States is all about Sports Center Plat of thr Night type stuff, plus Lebron James, and the Lakers.

The Spurs are regularly ignored, in spite of 5 Duncan championships. The Celtics are ignored when they aren't contenders, in spite of having the most 'ships in league history. Heck, any non-flashy but solid team like Memphis will continually be overlooked for flash like the Clippers (who have never been past the second round, ever).

I don't take it personally. National sports media south of the border is driven by sound bites, highlights, and one or two superstars. Everyone else is "overlooked" by comparison.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Business has no bias, it just does what makes it the most amount of money.

Everything is tracked now a days, if the Raptors game gets more viewers than the NFL game the Raptors game will be the one shown on the bigger channel next month. If the story about DeRozan gets more page clicks than the story on LeBron then there will be more DeRozan stories and less LeBron ones.

There is no conspiracy, there is only money.

Comment

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Business has no bias, it just does what makes it the most amount of money.

Everything is tracked now a days, if the Raptors game gets more viewers than the NFL game the Raptors game will be the one shown on the bigger channel next month. If the story about DeRozan gets more page clicks than the story on LeBron then there will be more DeRozan stories and less LeBron ones.

There is no conspiracy, there is only money.
                        Yeah I understand what you're saying but how can the raptors get more views than others when they continually show the raptors on odd channels and subscription channels?

Put the raptors 82 games on Tsn1 and see how much people really want to see them
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'm sure his quiet personality (both on and off the court) also plays a small role in it.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I'm sure his quiet personality (both on and off the court) also plays a small role in it.
                            Agree. That and one winning season.

Comment

I'm sure Bosh talked to Wade about his Toronto experience. So Wade saying that isn't so out of left field. It is what it is though.. just need to win. Heck Love chose to play for Cleveland. Cleveland! Yeah sure they have James, but it's Cleveland. It's not about where you play.. it's about how good that team is.

Comment

Did Bosh really get super coverage after moving to the Heat and being on championship teams?

Fans (knowledgeable ones at least) recognize who the players are worthy of big time attention....and there are but a few...location unimportant in the main....imo. Wince was a prime example and he won nothing really. Maybe Wade is cookingup some free agency networking.

Comment

Working...
                                X