Game 3: Toronto Raptors 102 - Miami Heat 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
    We lose one game and the world comes crashing down.

People need to chill.
    Wait, so we can't criticize after a win, and now we can't after a loss? At what point are concerns allowed?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Can this stop? This is 100% flaming I'm not sure how it isn't against the rules.
      Not flaming.

Merely highlights there appears to be more DeRozan fans than raptor fans. It is suppose to be raptors republic, no?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Wait, so we can't criticize after a win, and now we can't after a loss? At what point are concerns allowed?
        I didn't say you can't criticize. But people sound like it's the apocalypse or something.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Not flaming.

Merely highlights there appears to be more DeRozan fans than raptor fans. It is suppose to be raptors republic, no?
        Like Joey said. Being a Raptors fan and being a DeRozan fan are not mutually exclusive things. You suggesting that they are is trolling/flaming.

Comment

I didn't say you can't criticize. But people sound like it's the apocalypse or something.

Like Joey said. Being a Raptors fan and being a DeRozan fan are not mutually exclusive things. You suggesting that they are is trolling/flaming.
          Joey also commented it was clever.

You get people stating DD scored 30 so all is good.

Contentment with a selfish 30 in a loss is a DeRozan fan, not a raptor fan.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I didn't say I'm content with the loss. I also don't really understand how it was a "selfish" 30 points. He was pretty efficient aside from the missed free throws.

I'm just not flipping out about it. We're 2-1, if we win 2 out of every 3 games thats ~54 wins.

Comment

I didn't say I'm content with the loss. I also don't really understand how it was a "selfish" 30 points. He was pretty efficient aside from the missed free throws.

I'm just not flipping out about it. We're 2-1, if we win 2 out of every 3 games thats ~54 wins.
              Did I say you? I said people.

If you don't see the selfishness in his game last night then we have different philosophies on how the game should be played.

I flipped out over one play that wasn't the final nail in the coffin but it certainly added a nail or two late. Another major contributing factor is the 2nd time in 3 games this has happened.

Content for 2-1 when they should be 3-0 is loser talk - sorry. Can't really be helped for many though. For older fans it has been a dismal 20 years and for newer fans the last 5-6 years has been awful too.

Comment

• Quick Thoughts - I only saw the second half so feel free to disregard everything I say:

- Miami was making a lot of shots, many of which were well defended. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are both excellent shooters.
                - The rebounding was a concern, primarily because Miami shouldn't be a very good rebounding team. The lack of Amir is part of that, and also the fact that Miami was shooting at such a high percentage that there wasn't as many defensive rebounds to be had, but the team has to do better
                - I'm starting to get worried about TRoss. He hasn't shown any signs of improvement yet this year, and with a healthy Amir is by far the weakest cog in the starting lineup. He's also probably been the weakest defensive starter so far this year, which isn't a good sign.
                - The mid-range make from Demar off the inbound with 0.4s left on the shot clock is why DeMar is valuable. You don't like him taking those shots all the time, but the fact he can make them when he needs to is a big plus.
                - What was up with the free throw shooting? The Raptors were one of the best free throw teams in the league last year. Gotta think that's an aberration.
                -All 3 games now Jonas has been missing multiple easy, easy layups. The first game it was hidden by the fact he was fouled on all his misses. This needs to be fixed pronto if the inside game is going to be reliable.

All in all, a 5 pt loss on the road on the second half of a back to back, without the Amir Johnson, against a hot team who is pretty even with the Raptors when both are at full strength isn't a loss to get too worked up about.
                Last edited by Other Scott; Mon Nov 3, 2014, 11:02 AM.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• LOL people are going so crazy over this loss, it's quite hilarious ahahha. Me having to tell people to calm down is very sad because we know how I can get. Mine only concern right now is our defense. People and Casey keep saying that guys are just hot and hitting contested shots when I don't see that at all. I find guys are hitting pretty wide open shots and it's been the case for all 3 games. We found a way to win the other 2 but I knew if our defense kept up the way it has we would lose to Miami. They need to get that shit together and fast. Also the lack of ball movement is also a concern, but I'm not shocked. Defense to me is the biggest problem though.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I see Ross continues to be a bum. Doesn't deserve his starting spot
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

ummm, perhaps in your mind, but not in this thread.

That DeRozan District shit you keep spouting is schoolyard nananabooboo spiteful worthy, man. How old are you? Get a grip, for your sake.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Who the hell said you can't criticize? People are allowed to comment on your comments, right? That's part of what makes a forum, right? Nobody's saying you can't criticize, so drop the "I'm hurt" spin doctoring that you and mcHappy are all twisted out of shape over. Geeez, schoolyard crap.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          I see Ross continues to be a bum. Doesn't deserve his starting spot
                          He seems, at least at this early stage in his career, to need touches in order to be engaged at both ends. With increased "usage", I think we'd like what Ross has to offer.

But I agree that he looks no different than a year ago right now.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                            ummm, perhaps in your mind, but not in this thread.

That DeRozan District shit you keep spouting is schoolyard nananabooboo spiteful worthy, man. How old are you? Get a grip, for your sake.

Lol

Comment

• lol we should not have been close that game. Horrible FTs and rebounding.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• As frustrating as this loss was, there is solace in knowing that despite how poorly we played (i.e. matador defense, weak rebounding, missed gimmies, and brick-laying from the stripe), we still came within 5 points of a championship-tested veteran team on their home court.

There should be a lot of lessons learned from this game tape leading up to tomorrow's tilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X