No announcement yet.

Game 3: Toronto Raptors 102 - Miami Heat 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope DD and Kyle just refuse to let us lose this game considering we haven't beaten the Heat in like 4 years.

Also Kyle should feast on Cole, I don't want him to wait until halfway through the second to decide to kick ass and score 8 points in a minute like he's done the last 2 games.

Comment

This is not the same Heat team we've been losing to for 4 years.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        The complaints will come if we lose.

This'll be the toughest test yet. Interested to see what MIA does in terms of who plays at C, and how much small ball they play, and whether Casey crushes them with JV or folds to their play style and goes away from our double double machine in the middle.

Bosh at C could be very interesting - with JV, you probably have him hang out with the PF at the 3 point line, and let Amir handle Bosh, then post JV up all night long to punish them for size. With Bosh at PF it becomes much more obvious. I'm just hoping Bosh at C doesn't mean a lot of TH/PP/JJ/AJ lineups at the big spots with JV chilling on the bench. Wings will struggle again this game with their wing defenders, so we need to get production from the bigs.
        You beat me to it as I was thinking the same thing. It's a different bosh than we've faced before. Now he's got more of an outside game (bad for jv) but now he's also the 1 or 1a scoring option. That could be good for us. While we have t been playing world beaters, keep in mind bosh has been wreaking his havoc against the Nene-less Wiz and the 76ers.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Well said Chico.

Its funny this forum seems to be split. JV fans vs DD fans. I've realized that the JV fanboys are one in the same as the Casey haters. The hate for Casey seem to come from Casey not playing JV 35 mins again.
          Please don't start this flame war wince again. I know you love to bait RR members. .. smh
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Well said Chico.

Its funny this forum seems to be split. JV fans vs DD fans. I've realized that the JV fanboys are one in the same as the Casey haters. The hate for Casey seem to come from Casey not playing JV 35 mins again.
            Believe it or not, there's a third option. JV and DD fans. Count me in.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Believe it or not, there's a third option. JV and DD fans. Count me in.
              Impossible! You're not a true raptors fan of you like more than one player in the team!!!

:Sarcasm:
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Well said Chico.

How about Casey:
                -playing Ed Davis less minutes in his second and third years than he did as a rookie
                -making Lowry play like Calderon until the Gay trade, when he had no choice but to let him loose
                -asking Amir and Acy to shoot threes instead of letting them play a power game
                -turning Rudy into a power forward and asking him to put on weight that totally undermined his athleticism
                -overplaying and giving long leashes to vets like Anderson and Salmons while not doing the same for younger players
                -not being able to execute plays late in close games, like:
                ---having Amir camped out at the three point line to shoot the final game-winning shot while Steve Novak crashes the boards
                ---not fouling in the Charlotte game until it was too late
                ---drawing up a play in the wrong side of the floor in game 7
                etc etc etc

I don't hate Casey but he has given us plenty of reasons for fair and legitimate criticism (though he has certainly improved).

Don't turn this into some kind of gross oversimplification about haters and fanboys. It's that same kind of nonsense that makes it hard to have a legit discussion about DeMar.
                Last edited by Scraptor; Sun Nov 2, 2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  How about Casey:
                  -playing Ed Davis less minutes in his second and third years than he did as a rookie
                  -making Lowry play like Calderon until the Gay trade, when he had no choice but to let him loose
                  -overplaying and giving long leashes to vets like Anderson and Salmons while not doing the same for younger players
                  ---having Amir camped out at the three point line to shoot the final game-winning shot while Steve Novak crashes the boards
                  etc etc etc

I don't hate Casey but he has given us plenty of reasons for fair and legitimate criticism (though he has certainly improved).

Don't turn this into some kind of gross oversimplification about haters and fanboys. It's that same kind of nonsense that makes it hard to have a legit discussion about DeMar.

Scraptor! *tears*

you the real MVP *tears*

Comment

How about Casey:
                    etc etc etc

When there is legit reason. The topic was about CURRENT criticism, to say nothing of future criticism set-up in this thread, and finger pointing to 1-2 season ago stuff is hardly a defense for unjustified criticism now. Whatever your feelings of past moves, my point about specifically this season's criticism is valid or not, regardless of what old stories people are holding onto.
                    Last edited by chico; Sun Nov 2, 2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

How about Casey:
                      etc etc etc

I'll take that. As long as we get better every year. That's what he does. Learned from his mistakes and gotten better.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        And we shall have his head!!

Or at least scrap
                        Woooo convenient scapegoat!
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We will win tonight - hands down! :-)
                          Time to #ProveEm

Comment

containing Bosh is critical he really seems to take the responsibility of being the man seriously. I wish him well except against us .

Comment

I think Bosh will get his.. he's basically their #1 guy (Wade has dropped off quite significantly). I'm sure the ref will be favouring Miami.. JV and/or Amir will probably get some early fouls and Bosh will kill us because of that.

So essentially the key to the game would be to shut everyone else down. Despite losing Lebron they will still be pretty good defensively (Spo has taught them well).. so I can see a low scoring affair.

This is their first real test of the season. Going to be a good game.

Comment

Very happy with outcome so far,2 and 0. They haven't been great wins,but it's still early and win is a win,right. As for the TV coverage,it's s#@t,wtf honestly,I don't have sportsnet 360 or tsn2,these games should b on regular sportnet,tsn channels,raptors are the the team that tv coverage should back them,not f@!king baseball,baseball sucks and it's boring and I'm glad it's done. Hockey is understandable that will never change,just bc Canada is Hockey,period. As for the game tonight I hope Tyler Hansbrough punks Bosh out and drops him on his knees
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X