8. Cole Aldrich, C: Kansas
    9. Donatas Motiejunas, C: Benneton Treviso
    10. Patrick Patterson, F: Kentucky
    11. Greg Monroe, C: Georgetown
    12. Eric Bledsoe, PG: Kentucky
    13. Jan Vesely, PF: KK Partizan Belgrade
    14. Willie Warren, PG: Oklahoma
    RealGM.com

I see a lot of names in there that would help the Raptors long term should they fall out of the playoffs and retain their draft pick. Greg Monroe would help fill in the blank at PF if you know who leaves...

I'm guessing only about 2/3 of those guys will come out, and I see this year's draft not even as deep as last year. I think the Raptors will be hard pressed to find decent talent at the bottom of the lottery. I'd rather see them make the playoffs, quite frankly.

And I'm very weary of guys like Munro, who have more talent than anyone, but don't use it. He's a big tease who will more likely end up frustrating fans and coaches than fulfilling his potential.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim, some of these guys pulled out late last year. So much so that critics were calling last year's draft potentially weak and this year's draft potentially one of the deepest in a long time. Now we know the 2010 draft turned out to be great but I do not understand why you're writing this class off... A lot of these guys were mocked to be top ten players last year. Outside the top ten in this rankings I remember seeing Monroe and Warren mocked in the top ten.

Comment

Aldrich and Monroe could defenitly make an impact off the bench.
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Tim, some of these guys pulled out late last year. So much so that critics were calling last year's draft potentially weak and this year's draft potentially one of the deepest in a long time. Now we know the 2010 draft turned out to be great but I do not understand why you're writing this class off... A lot of these guys were mocked to be top ten players last year. Outside the top ten in this rankings I remember seeing Monroe and Warren mocked in the top ten.
          I assume you meant to say that the 2009 Draft turned out to be great, but I don't know why you're saying that. Good, yes, but not great. Not including Blake Griffith, I'd say there are about 3, maybe four future All-Stars and some nice role players, but the previous year, I think, was a little better. This year, I see a number of players with potential, but there are far too many question marks surrounding a lot of these guys for my liking. Greg Munroe is the perfect example. He's never become the player that many envisioned before he entered college. I will admit, though, that I haven't been following college ball as much I'd like to this year, so maybe I'm wrong.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
            I assume you meant to say that the 2009 Draft turned out to be great, but I don't know why you're saying that. Good, yes, but not great. Not including Blake Griffith, I'd say there are about 3, maybe four future All-Stars and some nice role players, but the previous year, I think, was a little better. This year, I see a number of players with potential, but there are far too many question marks surrounding a lot of these guys for my liking. Greg Munroe is the perfect example. He's never become the player that many envisioned before he entered college. I will admit, though, that I haven't been following college ball as much I'd like to this year, so maybe I'm wrong.
            GriffiN. And four future all stars in one draft class, mixed with some role players, is a pretty awesome class.

Scott.
            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Still too early to judge the 2009 draft class. I believe you need at least 3-5 years to pass judgment on a draft class, and maybe more considering how little college basketball the "one & done" players actually play before going pro. You always need to consider the late bloomers you won't know about them until further down the road.

Biff

Comment

Kentucky isn't going to have anyone left after the draft. Wall, Cousins, Patterson AND Bledsoe potentially entering the draft? Yikes...
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  Raptors Republic: "Is 2009 the GOAT?"

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                    GriffiN. And four future all stars in one draft class, mixed with some role players, is a pretty awesome class.

Scott.
                    I'm not saying perennial All-Stars. I'm saying All-Star at all. And I actually don't think there will even be three (outside of Griffin), now that I think about it. As I stated in the post that Apollo mentioned, I'm not sold on Evans or Jennings. Really, I think the only perennial All-Stars will be Griffin and MAYBE Curry, and possibly Rubio if he ever comes over. Evans is a great talent without a real position who is dominating on a bad team. He needs the ball to make an impact, but he hasn't shown the ability to run an offense. On a better team, I think he'd struggle trying to make an impact. And Jennings should be a nice player, but he shoots WAY too much, especially for a guy who misses as much as he does. It's easy to say that he just needs to work on his shot (and decision making), but that's the case with a lot of players who never end up doing it.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      RealGM.com

I see a lot of names in there that would help the Raptors long term should they fall out of the playoffs and retain their draft pick. Greg Monroe would help fill in the blank at PF if you know who leaves...
                      Nothing really, unless we win the John Wall/Evan Turner sweepstakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X