Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derozan- what are his goals for this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derozan- what are his goals for this season?

Now, before I get attacked by the demar army, let me just say that i think overall he's played very good these first 3 games. However, I have a few complaints and would like everybody's thoughts:

-Body language: the play where he stayed down giving them a 3, I understand he may have had his bell rung, but it looks mighty suspicious that he was up for the offense right after and showed no after effects. Just saying. Looked mighty carter-esque.

-Actual language: after the second game in the post game interview, he was asked a question along the lines of "you and kyle didn't have a very good game 1 but were picked up by the team, how great is that?" Its like he didn't even hear the question, and went to "yeah, kyle and i know we have to make this team go so that's what we did" uhh..ok.

I truly believe demar and kyle for that matter have read way too many press clipping this off season. Part of the blame falls to our national media, who always feel the need to give a "best player" tag to someone instead of calling this team what it is, a team with no stars but a ton of weapons and great depth.

It seems to me that demar almost envisions it that he is Durant, kyle is Westbrook, and the rest of the team is a bunch of plug and play fill ins. In reality, our "all stars" are NOT greater than there backups by a huge margin, and the only way we will win something substantial is by playing 100% team ball like the early 2000's pistons.

What would demar be more interested in? Leading the league in scoring and missing the playoffs, or going back to averaging 18, miss out on the asg, and finish first in the east? Food for thought...
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

His goal is to become 2005-06 Kobe Bryant. Shoot 25+ times per game, freeze out his teammates and carry them to the playoffs.

Comment

I missed the 2 examples the op provided so I wont comment on those ...but I did notice a situation out of a timeout end of game with Raps down by 5 or 6 and Lou W. with the ball inbounding who also got the ball back for a 3 (a miss). Before setting up for the play DD was somewhat animated having some words with Lowry who had a half-smile & shrugged in reply. My take: disagreement with the play call or the player option/s assigned to take the shot.

Did anyone else notice this sequence. Am I making too much of it because it was bothersome to me....a symptom of a problem in the *team first* dynamic.

Comment

1. Raise his value
        2. Leave in free agency.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

My best guess is that he idolized Kobe while growing up in Compton and he's doing his best Kobe impersonation
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            1. Raise his value
            2. Leave in free agency.
            lol

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              1. Raise his value
              2. Leave in free agency.
              I doubt and am unsure on #2.

I have no doubt on #1.