Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade on DeRozan and Toronto (Perception)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Getting pushed into the spotlight more than he already is may not necessarily be the best thing for DeMar's career.
    Very good point i couldn't agree more. All we heard all summer from him was gold medal this and all star that.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      It's not a fluke or freak thing when it's repeated many times over 15 years.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
      I don't think you get the point.

Manu was as lucky as it gets, and Parker was never a gimme, just a guy that panned out incredibly well, and better than most ever dreamed..... add that to Duncan, who IMO is the best PF of the last 30 years, and a great coach.... and there's your 15 years of success.

I love SA, but I'm a little tired of people making it sound like Toronto management is inept because they dont have SA's success. If it wa sso fucking easy to do 29 teams INCLUDING Toronto would be doing it.

Ugh.

Comment

No, you don't get it. I'm telling you last year they did outstanding. Manu is now old. duncan is now old and still look what they did. You mean to tell me it's out of the question for the Raptors to find somebody young who can play as good as senior citizen Duncan? Reread my post and look at what I'm emphasizing here(last season?)

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

No, I know what youre saying, but its too easy to dismiss the ongoing success that comes from the foundation of three lightning in a bottle professionals. And I repeat, if it were so easy to duplicate 29 teams would do it.

SA does everything right, I love um, but to get to that position, they got really effin lucky.

I'm old enough to remember when they sucked bad.....then came David, then came Tim duncan...... then Boom Hedo and Parker.

You get that lucky, and a lot of NBA gm's can keep good role players coming in, ESPECIALLY with culture built by a super coach, but one who is blessed with a foundation of high integrity, high ig human beings for key positional players.

Comment

Dwayne Wade is a piece of shit cheap-shot artist.

Here's the proof!

Boo this man. Always. He's make's Hansbrough look like a saint.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              No, I know what youre saying, but its too easy to dismiss the ongoing success that comes from the foundation of three lightning in a bottle professionals. And I repeat, if it were so easy to duplicate 29 teams would do it.
              Can you quote me where I suggested it was easy? I can't seem to find that part anywhere, thanks.

To aspire to the current Spurs setup is not easy but its more practical and likely than trying to aspire to other proven methods deployed by the Heat, Celtics or Lakers, isn't it? They're never going to draw in the stars. They need to build around a system that's based on the collective strength and not on one guy or two guys who are in the elite club at the top of the league.

If you disagree with this then why not tell us all how you think they do it instead of sitting back there trying to pick apart everybody else.

You've been officially challenged. Dare you back down?

Comment

I feel like if we got a guy like Horford and were extremely well coached we could contend for the title with the roster as currently constructed.

You don't actually need to stack the crap out of the team with superstars. But if you get 4 all-star level players (in this case Lowry, DD, Horford and hopefully Jonas), a deep bench, play elite d and are well coached on the offensive end I think it's possible to have a legitimate title contender.

Comment

The Raptors had the team to challenge for a ring when they had Davis and Oak with Keon Clark coming off the bench. Val could serve the Davis role with some more seasoning, Amir could serve the Clark role but they're definitely going to need a better starter at PF and yeah, I agree that Horford would add a lot to the team and maybe give them enough to turn the scales and upset a few teams if the Raptors caught fire in the playoffs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors had the team to challenge for a ring when they had Davis and Oak with Keon Clark coming off the bench. Val could serve the Davis role with some more seasoning, Amir could serve the Clark role but they're definitely going to need a better starter at PF and yeah, I agree that Horford would add a lot to the team and maybe give them enough to turn the scales and upset a few teams if the Raptors caught fire in the playoffs.
                    Val's gotta rely on his mid-range jumper more often (to be more like Davis). He can hit those shots, but he hardly ever looks for it.

The pump-fake isn't gonna fool anyone if you never shoot.

Comment

Wade is telling the truth. Why would people know who DD is. Other than a couple dunk contest and the all-star. Nothing new here.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No, Wade suggested that DD is a good player and would be well known(in America) if he didn't play for the Raptors.

I tend to agree.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The pump-fake isn't gonna fool anyone if you never shoot.
                          This is what I yell at my TV every time it happens. So at least 4 times a game.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            I actually have more confidence in his jumper than his running sweeping hook, that appears to unfold in slow motion....

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              4 times a possession sometimes. It's borderline comical when he triple pumps.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I actually have more confidence in his jumper than his running sweeping hook, that appears to unfold in slow motion....
                                Lol I actually like that shot. Not as pretty as Kareem, but it'll get prettier in time. It does look like slo mo though.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X