No announcement yet.

Trade Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRoss is filling the role of a scorer and outside shooter. More important, nobody is mentioning PPat poor play this season. JJ will start eating some of PPat's minutes shortly. It is really important that our bench strength of GV, Lou, and JJ are averaging 28 points per game, much more significant than last year's 2nd string.

Comment

Javale Mcgee?

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Javale McGee - a legit, athletic rim protector

He's the 3rd string centre now in Denver behind Mozgov and the rookie Yusuf. He'll anchor the 2nd unit defense along with James Johnson. And with guys like Lowry, Demar, Greivis who have the ball a lot, I doubt that he will have time to do any boneheaded plays lol. Plus Masai loves this guy. He traded Nene for him and gave him that contract. What do you guys think? He should be a massive upgrade over the current centres that we have (Hayes, Stiemmsa, Hansbrough).
      Saw this earlier but no one expanded further on it. I know I'm going to get heavily bashed for this, but I think it might make sense for both sides, which makes it more realistic than going after Al Horford or David West.

The biggest concern I have right now is rebounding. I think Amir and JV can hold their own (not great, but respectable), but every time I see Patterson and Hansbrough on the court in that 2nd unit, I get chills. They just don't have enough length for rebounding/rim protection and I wonder what the rebounding disparity is when they're both on the court together. I think the schedule has underplayed this and I have a strong feeling it's going to bite us in the ass when we play tougher teams.

My trade proposal - McGee & 2nd round pick/cash considerations for Fields & Hansbrough (seems to work on EPSN)

Denver is in a dealing position at the moment. They get an extra yr of about 10 mil off their books, shed one of their biggest contracts and resolve their logjam at center. I know what you're thinking, I would rather get Mozgov as well, but I just don't think it's enticing enough for the Nuggets in terms of the amount of salary they save in 2015-16. And you'll probably have to give up a pick or two.

I think McGee might be able to solve the issue in our bench unit and could prove to be a much better situational fit for defensive scenarios. Yes, he's not worth his contract (11-12 mil, with 2 yrs remaining) and definitely an overpay for a backup center. But it's only 2 yrs and I can't see any realistic alternative (either a trade this season or free-agent signing in the off-season) to solve this. You give McGee Hansbrough's minutes, and turn a completely non-utilized 6.25 mil in cap space. In essence, Field's 6.25 (cap hit, actual salary is 8.5) this season shouldn't even be in the conversation for comparison (sunk cost), so you're getting McGee for 5 mil this season (albeit 12 mil next season). But who are you going to spend 12 mil on next year anyways? You're good with your core guys and bench guys under contract. You have Hayes, Williams, Stiemsma and Amir (19 mil) coming off that will allow you to pursue players to round out your roster.

I think McGee gets too bad a rep, especially because of Shaqtin' a fool. It's warranted on some level, but he is a serviceable big man with good length/athleticism. I think his role on the Raps would be limited to rebounding/rim protection/setting picks and if you keep it simple, he could be decent. He did just come off an injury and is slowly being brought back, so that's a concern. However, any other scenario is likely going to require more assets going the other way and I don't want to break up the rest of the roster, even if they might have weaknesses.

Thoughts? Any other alternatives to solve the rebounding issue?

Other proposals:
      Ed Davis - Lakers are not interested in saving 1 mil salary in 2015-16 by spending an extra 2 mil this season (hans), all to end up with a 2nd round pick
      Henson - he's a solid player and i don't think his stock is low at the moment to warrant the Bucks to let him go. he signed an extension and he was a 1st round pick, so you're going to have to give up more than future salary relief and a 2nd rounder

Comment

Kendrick Perkins on a 1 year deal via free agency next summer

Valanciunas/Perkins/Nogueira
        Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
        Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
        DeRozan/Lou?/Daniels
        Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

Comment

henry sims?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playe...647/henry-sims

alexis ajinca?

ideally, i'd say ian mahinmi
          Last edited by stooley; Thu Nov 20, 2014, 07:49 PM.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

We don't need a center.. we've got Steamer and Bebe. Rebounding is a problem but a trade won't fix that unless Masai goes big (ie, trades Amir).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              We don't need a center.. we've got Steamer and Bebe. Rebounding is a problem but a trade won't fix that unless Masai goes big (ie, trades Amir).
              we do kinda need a backup center though. i like ian mahinmi in that role a lot, and he'd be cheap without having to sacrifice too much cap space next year either.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                we do kinda need a backup center though. i like ian mahinmi in that role a lot, and he'd be cheap without having to sacrifice too much cap space next year either.
                I like Mahinmi as well. Just don't think we have enough minutes for him unless we trade Psycho for him (which I'd consider but I don't think Indiana would). We'd then become thin at PF especially since Amir's ankles are so damaged.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I like Mahinmi as well. Just don't think we have enough minutes for him unless we trade Psycho for him (which I'd consider but I don't think Indiana would). We'd then become thin at PF especially since Amir's ankles are so damaged.
                  True, I was thinking he'd replace Tyler as the backup C. But then I guess we do lose that insurance on Amir's health. Thans probably plays better C than Mahinmi plays PF
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

John Henson

Bucks have a lot of talented frontcourt players. Seems like Henson might be the odd man out. Still on a rookie contract.

Last season 70 games

11.1 pts 7.1 reb 1.7 blks 1.6 ast 0.6 stl
                    I'm 26.5 mins

For his career per 36 minutes: 15.6 points, 10.7 boards and 2.1 blocks, 52 percent shooting.

Sanders, illaysova, Parker, Greek Freak, Zaza

I'm thinking just a straight up Hans/Henson trade. Bucks get a vet for this young frontcourt and an expiring contract.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      John Henson

Bucks have a lot of talented frontcourt players. Seems like Henson might be the odd man out. Still on a rookie contract.

Last season 70 games

11.1 pts 7.1 reb 1.7 blks 1.6 ast 0.6 stl
                      I'm 26.5 mins

For his career per 36 minutes: 15.6 points, 10.7 boards and 2.1 blocks, 52 percent shooting.

Sanders, illaysova, Parker, Greek Freak, Zaza

I'm thinking just a straight up Hans/Henson trade. Bucks get a vet for this young frontcourt and an expiring contract.
                      Henson gives us insurance for Amirs ankles.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

The problem with Henson is if you think Amir and JV get pushed around on the glass........

Comment

I've been mulling over the benefits of making on offer on a surprising trade target. (Note that I'm talking an offer here, not an actually trade.)

I think we should seriously consider offering Vasquez, the rights to DeAndre Daniels, Landry Fields + extra-salary-offsetting cash for his salary to Boston for Rajon Rondo. Right now we do not do this because we want to pursue the actual trade - though I suppose if Vasquez continues to struggle in his current role, there might be some merit to getting out of his contract a year early, I suppose. We do not offer much more (if anything more) than this; by and large I like what we've got and think we may not even fully tap our potential this year. We do this primarily to make it harder for the Eastern Conference teams which are most likely to eliminate us from the playoffs to get better.

The reason we make this offer is to make it more difficult for him to be traded for by either Chicago (who might pick him up if Rose continues to play only 50-60% of games) or Cleveland (who would really benefit this year from Rondo's experience, his defense, and his experience playing with stars who want their touches).

If for whatever reason Boston pulls the trigger on this deal - and I personally think that the proposed deal would bring about casual interest, but they'd ultimately want considerably more - we would essentially be doubling down on winning this year. On the one hand, we'd be absurdly backcourt-heavy, but on the other, Rondo's personality is a good fit for our team, and we'd be able to run any three of Lowry, Derozan, Rondo, Ross and Williams at the 1, 2, and 3, and not play any of them more than 30 minutes a game for the rest of the season, while moving James Johnson to the 4. We might still need to make an additional deal to shore up our frontcourt's rebounding (where Amir is struggling this year) and defense (JV likewise), though having Johnson backing up Johnson would help in both cases.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                            I've been mulling over the benefits of making on offer on a surprising trade target. (Note that I'm talking an offer here, not an actually trade.)

I think we should seriously consider offering Vasquez, the rights to DeAndre Daniels, Landry Fields + extra-salary-offsetting cash for his salary to Boston for Rajon Rondo. Right now we do not do this because we want to pursue the actual trade - though I suppose if Vasquez continues to struggle in his current role, there might be some merit to getting out of his contract a year early, I suppose. We do not offer much more (if anything more) than this; by and large I like what we've got and think we may not even fully tap our potential this year. We do this primarily to make it harder for the Eastern Conference teams which are most likely to eliminate us from the playoffs to get better.

The reason we make this offer is to make it more difficult for him to be traded for by either Chicago (who might pick him up if Rose continues to play only 50-60% of games) or Cleveland (who would really benefit this year from Rondo's experience, his defense, and his experience playing with stars who want their touches).

If for whatever reason Boston pulls the trigger on this deal - and I personally think that the proposed deal would bring about casual interest, but they'd ultimately want considerably more - we would essentially be doubling down on winning this year. On the one hand, we'd be absurdly backcourt-heavy, but on the other, Rondo's personality is a good fit for our team, and we'd be able to run any three of Lowry, Derozan, Rondo, Ross and Williams at the 1, 2, and 3, and not play any of them more than 30 minutes a game for the rest of the season, while moving James Johnson to the 4. We might still need to make an additional deal to shore up our frontcourt's rebounding (where Amir is struggling this year) and defense (JV likewise), though having Johnson backing up Johnson would help in both cases.
                            lol

Comment

So Boston gives up an All-star future hall of famer for Vasquez? Maybe is this was proposed for Jeff Green....maybe
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

We dont need Rondo.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X