No announcement yet.

Trade Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need to trade anyone right now. Maintain status quo and see where that takes us this year.

Comment

I can't even seriously discuss any aspect of that trade
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The only guy I could see fitting and setting us up for a good run is Jeff Green. While his 3 point percentage is not great this year, he has proven he is a quality floor spacer and is signed for next season as well.
        Ross and Hayes for Greeen http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mtn7zzh
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I wouldn't trade Ross. He brings a different aspect in are wing rotation. His actually shooting the heck of the ball, .426 from 3.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't trade Ross. He brings a different aspect in are wing rotation. His actually shooting the heck of the ball, .426 from 3.
            In a vacuum would you take Ross over Green?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Yes, yes I would. I'm not a fan of what Green brings to the table.

Plus you want to give up MVP Chuck Hayes?

Green passes the eye test, but his numbers leave a lot to be desired and have significant holes.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I think we should put all the trade talks in this forum to rest untill Raps drop a couple.

Good times are rolling in Raptorland now with back to back blowouts to playoff teams.... cherish it boys!

Comment

Bring back Jordan Hamilton and drop steemer- who is so far on the bench , that he is competing with Zan Tabak and John Salley

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    no i wouldn't
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Damn it, if only Indiana wasn't trying so stubbornly to stay afloat and gave up to tanking I think we could get David West on a good deal. Like, maybe Hayes-Fields plus a pick or two for West good. If Indy was tanking, they would want some expirings and picks, and I doubt they would get better offers from contenders (the teams West would probably only want to go) than this. I still think we should make a move for a real contributor, because I don't believe Cavs figure it all out in this season and Rose stays healthy. And I just love the thought of David West with this Raptors team, plus, he only has two years left in his contract, so if he sucks or declines (almost certainly will), the damage wouldn't be that big. Anyway, just some wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

With the way this season is playing out, there is no way Masai is going to mess with this chemistry during the season, short of a fantasy like deal you can't refuse, and even then, he might think twice. Oh, there's always the possibility that a small deal happens, particularly around the deadline, but a big part of this team's success right now is the genuine brotherhood, from starters to the end of the bench. As long as they play like this, win or lose, Don't mess with it.

It should be noted that this brotherhood generates from a "family" and determination character shared by Casey, Lowry/DeMar (they've made it obvious they are a package deal), and Amir. No way any of them are talked about in a trade, wonky ankles or not. The rest of the team has bought in and there's truly, not just a "commitment", but an enjoyment of TEAM building on this team that is special. Young yes, but I think they are actually capable of doing something very special this year. Don't mess with that.

Comment

Moves now should be of one of two varieties - adding a reliable backup C for very little cost, or getting a superstar. Anything in between seems unlikely to improve the team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=opdfdko

Landry and Hans for Garnett... I would love to see Garnett's grit and energy on this team. You can't go wrong with adding a champion to this team

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                              http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=opdfdko

Landry and Hans for Garnett... I would love to see Garnett's grit and energy on this team. You can't go wrong with adding a champion to this team
                              I keep seeing people suggesting Garnett, and each time it hurts to think about.

Few players I dislike more, and I would have such difficulty cheering for him.
                              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Any suggestion that keeping Gay was a good idea basically shoots any credibility you may have had.

DD is no worse than Gay and at half the cost, plus Demar still has upside.
                                Contract and loyalty aside, a fit Rudy Gay at the three was the better fit for us. He's bigger, has better handles, is a better creator, plays tougher D and shoots the three better than DeMar. Plus he pairs better with Ross at the two. No offense to DeMar, because I've always loved his dedication and work ethic, but if it came down to say Rudy at $19mm vs Demar+Fields/Chuck for this year, and $13mm over the following 3, I would take Rudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X