Clear All

• No team can blow out the raptors

Just kidding..

Warriors
    Clippers
    Suns

thoughts?
    - You can be called "Zemic" -

Hmmmm interesting ... I would actually agree ... there's not a team out there that I wouldn't expect the Raptors to at least be competitive in. Sure blow outs happen, but at least the Raptors shouldn't be 'scared' of anybody.

Mind you, there's not too many teams out there I'd expect the Raptors to blow out either. Some one raised the point in an earlier game thread that Raps never blow anybody out... and its kinda true. If we win, we generally play just good enough to win. And if we lose, its just bad enough to lose. Which is likely why so many Raptors have ulcers or have turned to drinking.

Comment

Kind of depends how the Raptors are playing. The team really sucks at giving CONSISTENT effort each game. If they play their best though, I don't think any team can really blow them out.
      OG is our king

Comment

What I like so far this season is the fact that the Raptors are handling all games their way.

1. Let the opponent score whatever points it has to score at the beggining
        2. Rely on backcourt drives, which means less assists but also less turnovers and more opponent fouls.
        3. Press opponent to draw turnovers
        4. Punish opponent when foul trouble turns its line-up in a non-stable full-of-bench players squad

The fact that they manage to play their game whoever they're facing is a great sign. And the good thing is that "their game" has not been perfectly executed so far, and there's room for improvement.

Let the opponent adapt. "We're the Raptors, get ready to drop the rock and foul like hell"

Comment

I think the Raptors are capable of being blown out by just about any of the league's "good" teams if they only play half the game like we've seen against OKC and Boston in their last two. I think it would be a mistake to assume that the Raptors can bring it back on any team just because they overcame a 16 point deficit against a crappy Celtics squad. You get down big like that against the better teams in the league and you're done.

Comment

Well the boards seem a lot more confident today. I however havent seen a consistent effort out of this team. We've had a very soft schedule so far, and derozan has been chucking. Very interested in seeing if we can pull off tonight's game, biggest test since miami (loss)
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think the Rockets could.

They're looking unstoppable right now.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                I think the Rockets could.

They're looking unstoppable right now.
                I'm surprised they're doing this good. They were my one pick in the west to take a step back. Their bench is really quite bad and their starters are playing tons of minutes. I think they're a couple injuries away from taking a big step back. Don't forget they beat Spurs last night w/o Manu and Duncan.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think every team can get blown out... But what surprised me the most about last year's team was how resilient they were. I think they lost to the Clippers in double digits, but that was an abberation. I suspect this year's team to be the same... at least that's what I've been seeing so far this year.

Comment

The Raptors have not even come close to playing their best ball yet this season. It's encouraging that they are still winning despite that, but they've had a week schedule. If they play the way they have been playing the last three games, they could get blown out by quite a few teams. These slow starts, low shooting percentages (especially the 3 ball), and rebounding are going to catch up with them eventually. These are not the same Raptors from last season, I hope they fix these glitches as soon as possible. I want to see that beautiful ball movement and tough defense again (but without the excessive fouling this year).

If they can find their form, no team could blow them out.

Comment

When was the last time the Raptors lost a game by 20 points? like, 2012-2013 season?
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        When was the last time the Raptors lost a game by 20 points? like, 2012-2013 season?
                        Yup. March 23, 2013.

Raptors 84, Knicks 110.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          I'm surprised they're doing this good. They were my one pick in the west to take a step back. Their bench is really quite bad and their starters are playing tons of minutes. I think they're a couple injuries away from taking a big step back. Don't forget they beat Spurs last night w/o Manu and Duncan.
                          Apparently Trevor Ariza signed when Chandler Parsons went to Dallas has been a revelation on both sides of the ball and leadership too. He's the difference it seems and the players agree.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Yup. March 23, 2013.

Raptors 84, Knicks 110.
                            That's nuts, you'd figure the streak has to end at some point though lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup. March 23, 2013.

Raptors 84, Knicks 110.
                              We could probably beat the Knicks by that much this year.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X