Game #8: Orlando Magic 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I didn't get it last week, and still don't.

Who is this person thats coming in to help us? That we are then drowning?
    The part about thrashing around for 3 Quarters is apt, but otherwise.. ya I don't get it. Lol
    Yeah it makes no sense.

Much better analogy; we are a track runner who forgets to tie their shoes until the final turn. Or a basketball team that sucks until the 4th quarter.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Yeah it makes no sense.

Much better analogy; we are a track runner who forgets to tie their shoes until the final turn. Or a basketball team that sucks until the 4th quarter.
      Muhammad Ali and the rope-a-dope technique?

Take a beating for 11 rounds, and then POW!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Muhammad Ali and the rope-a-dope technique?

Take a beating for 11 rounds, and then POW!
        This is exactly what I was thinking.

Or the pool shark technique. Lose 10 games in a row, only to run the bets up against you, then POW. In the Money.

Comment

• Joey pulled us through again.....

But I blame the jerseys. Sleeves ruin guys shots.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You guys and your metaphors, you're missing the obvious one: the Raptors are like a beached whale, seemingly weak and immobile, on the verge of death, and the other team is a pack of coyotes that have come down to the beach smelling that sick, dying scent of the beast. And as it attempts to make pitiful cries of help -- sounds never meant to uttered into the hollow air -- the dogs get in close, and start to rip bits of flesh off the creature's body, until it's an awful, bloody mess of blood and blubber. At this point the whole beach reeks of ambergris so strong that it would make a sailor heave, but it only serves to whip the coyotes into a frenzy as they yip and growl and fight each other, not out of any scarcity of food, but simply out of the bloodlust that this butchering has roused in them. And just as the whale heaves its last sad, heavy breath through its now distended blowhole, a dozen ninjas jump out of the creature's flesh and slay all the coyotes in a flurry of katanas and shurikens. That's what this Raptors team is most like.

Comment

• ^....anyways....

Really thinking this narrow victory will be a blessing for Thursday. If it was our 3rd straight blow out the team would have been overconfident, but instead that happened last night, now i think they'll be more than ready for Thursday
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Joey pulled us through again.....

But I blame the jerseys. Sleeves ruin guys shots.
                Back in my playing days, I actually found it to be the other way around. Found it too distracting not to have sleeves.

But I guess it all comes down to what you're used to.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  ^....anyways....

Really thinking this narrow victory will be a blessing for Thursday. If it was our 3rd straight blow out the team would have been overconfident, but instead that happened last night, now i think they'll be more than ready for Thursday
                  yah it was a wakeup call for JV and amir. two guys who really need to be on top of their shit for us to really make a push.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    You guys and your metaphors, you're missing the obvious one: the Raptors are like a beached whale, seemingly weak and immobile, on the verge of death, and the other team is a pack of coyotes that have come down to the beach smelling that sick, dying scent of the beast. And as it attempts to make pitiful cries of help -- sounds never meant to uttered into the hollow air -- the dogs get in close, and start to rip bits of flesh off the creature's body, until it's an awful, bloody mess of blood and blubber. At this point the whole beach reeks of ambergris so strong that it would make a sailor heave, but it only serves to whip the coyotes into a frenzy as they yip and growl and fight each other, not out of any scarcity of food, but simply out of the bloodlust that this butchering has roused in them. And just as the whale heaves its last sad, heavy breath through its now distended blowhole, a dozen ninjas jump out of the creature's flesh and slay all the coyotes in a flurry of katanas and shurikens. That's what this Raptors team is most like.
                    Bravo. Amazing.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      You guys and your metaphors, you're missing the obvious one: the Raptors are like a beached whale, seemingly weak and immobile, on the verge of death, and the other team is a pack of coyotes that have come down to the beach smelling that sick, dying scent of the beast. And as it attempts to make pitiful cries of help -- sounds never meant to uttered into the hollow air -- the dogs get in close, and start to rip bits of flesh off the creature's body, until it's an awful, bloody mess of blood and blubber. At this point the whole beach reeks of ambergris so strong that it would make a sailor heave, but it only serves to whip the coyotes into a frenzy as they yip and growl and fight each other, not out of any scarcity of food, but simply out of the bloodlust that this butchering has roused in them. And just as the whale heaves its last sad, heavy breath through its now distended blowhole, a dozen ninjas jump out of the creature's flesh and slay all the coyotes in a flurry of katanas and shurikens. That's what this Raptors team is most like.
                      But this metaphor describes 3 parties. The whale, the coyotes, and the ninjas.

If the Raptors are the ninjas, and their opponents are the coyotes, who is the whale? [insert Chuck Hayes joke here]

Comment

If the Raptors are the ninjas, and their opponents are the coyotes, who is the whale? [insert Chuck Hayes joke here]
                        The Whale seems to be the Starters, where the Ninjas is the Bench Unit? Haha

Comment

• Off Topic - Who did Philly got for Vucevic?

I'm just asking bevause Vucevic is a STUD. He's really impressive. The guy is a legit 20/10 guy. He's not just a great post up player, but he can also shoot. Can't believe anyone would trade a guy like that???
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maybe the ninjas were just disguised as the beached whale, and in reality there never was a beached whale to begin with?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Off Topic - Who did Philly got for Vucevic?

I'm just asking bevause Vucevic is a STUD. He's really impressive. The guy is a legit 20/10 guy. He's not just a great post up player, but he can also shoot. Can't believe anyone would trade a guy like that???
                              If memory serves correctly, he was part of the multi-team Dwight Howard trade. Don't remember who Philly got though...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                The Whale seems to be the Starters, where the Ninjas is the Bench Unit? Haha
                                Wasn't Patterson looking for a nickname for the bench unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X