Rudy Gay Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay Trade

If it wasn't for the Rudy Gay Trade we'd have Jose Calderon instead of Grievas Vasquez, Ed Davis instead of Pattrick Patterson and Quincy Acy instead of Chuck Hayes.

It seems to me the team would be better with Calderon, Davis and Acy. Ujiri did a good job of recovering from a bad Colangelo trade, especially getting 2Pat, though it costs us Acy.

But then we'd still have Rudy Gay.

Comment

Snizzoop wrote: View Post
      But then we'd still have Rudy Gay.
      If we never traded Calderon and ED for Gay, we certainly wouldn't have Rudy Gay. I'm comparing what we traded for gay to what we got for him.

Comment

My bad...I read it wrong.

Comment

I'll take the younger Vasquez at his current role over Jose.

Ed Davis still hasn't done anything to make us second guess letting him go.

And Quincy had a sweet beard ... but he's barely starting for the Knicks. That makes him like ... 5th string anywhere else.

Not to mention getting Lou Williams and Bebe for John Salmons.

Comment

who gives a shit if it "costed" us acy?? seriously.

Comment

At first I thought this was a thread celebrating trading Rudy Gay. I thought it might be lifted from a Grizzlies page But, I see what you did there. However, as much as you can't predict the order of things, here goes. If we still had Calderon, we would not have present day Lowry. Can't knock Ed but it's handy to have one stretch 4 on the team that can actually stretch things. And Acy is shining in New York but that whole "if you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere..." thing doesn't really apply to the Knicks.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                I'll take the younger Vasquez at his current role over Jose.

Ed Davis still hasn't done anything to make us second guess letting him go.

And Quincy had a sweet beard ... but he's barely starting for the Knicks. That makes him like ... 5th string anywhere else.

All true...

Can I bold the bolded even more? It needs to take up the whole screen just for emphasis

Honestly, wtf was Atlanta thinking? Waiving Salmons saved them money....but they weren't going to be a tax team, Lou was going to be expiring this year anyway, and Bebe's an international 1st round pick they could've kept stashed another year...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  All true...

Can I bold the bolded even more? It needs to take up the whole screen just for emphasis

Honestly, wtf was Atlanta thinking? Waiving Salmons saved them money....but they weren't going to be a tax team, Lou was going to be expiring this year anyway, and Bebe's an international 1st round pick they could've kept stashed another year...
                  They were thinking "I wish Masai would stop staring into our souls like that ... Why isn't he blinking?... He hasn't said anything in 2 hours ... I'm kinda worried guys ... his eye is twitching..."

Comment

I think that deal was icing on the cake for Masai.

A young first rounder and an off the bench sparkplug, for a guy we were going to waive anyway.

lol Atlanta.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

They were thinking "I wish Masai would stop staring into our souls like that ... Why isn't he blinking?... He hasn't said anything in 2 hours ... I'm kinda worried guys ... his eye is twitching..."
                      This made my day, Joey. I wanna like it, but can't seem to.....
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Good point. Not a abig fan of Williams, but Bebe is intriguiging, and does sweeten the pie. Still think Calderon is better than Vasquez or Williams, and prefer ED to PP, though not by much, I like PP. Acy is better than Hayes.

So the final tally is Calderon, Davis. Acy for Patterson, Vasquez, Hayes, Williams and Bebe.

OK, I admit Bebe tips the scale a little for me.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                          Good point. Not a abig fan of Williams, but Bebe is intriguiging, and does sweeten the pie. Still think Calderon is better than Vasquez or Williams, and prefer ED to PP, though not by much, I like PP. Acy is better than Hayes.

So the final tally is Calderon, Davis. Acy for Patterson, Vasquez, Hayes, Williams and Bebe.

Does Aaron Gray tip them back? Cuz we gave him up as well ...

Comment

Does Aaron Gray tip them back? Cuz we gave him up as well ...
                            Ha, I considered mentioning him, but no, replacment value player that can be acquired with a training camp invite any season. Long live The Steamer!

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post

if quincy acy was our backup PF that goes in after amir i would throw up. yah a great 'energy guy' and cheerleader on the bench but wtf else would he provide OVER patrick patterson? absolutely nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X