Remembrance Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembrance Day

Please take a minute to remember those who lost their lives for your freedoms. Think of the injured veterans, the motherless/fatherless children and the sacrifices they make. Think about your rights to say what you want regardless of your political views, because someone sacrificed their life to give you that right.

Think about the BILLIONS of people around the world that don't know the freedoms we so greatly take for granted. Think of the victims of tyrants around the world and how their lives were affected by our brave men and women.

Think about what your life would be like if you couldn't come on this forum and agree or disagree with my post. If you were jailed for an opposing view point or even killed.

At least take a minute to be grateful for the sacrifices of others. If you refuse to or can't be grateful, at the very least tomorrow, be respectful.

CANADA PROUD! MILITARY PROUD! FREEDOM PROUD!
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

it's a celebrated shopping spree here in china. i remembered and remind others about it. also want to find some date they hold dear to their dead and make it a super happy festival in the west.

how can we present silence on a thread?

Comment

It should definitely be a holiday, and I'm not just saying that so I don't have to work. It should be made into a much bigger deal than it is right now.

Comment

Great thread Si. My grandpa was there at Juno Beach on DDay, so I always like to take an extra few minutes to acknowledge the ridiculous shit they went through so we can sit here and chat about the Raptors all day ...

And its a Stat Holiday in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Yukon.

Comment

In Flanders Fields...
          Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Nov 11, 2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

grandfather was shot down in ww2

Comment

888,246 poppies. One for every British military death in WW1.

Amazing sight.

Comment

That's an odd sight, thanks for posting.

Many people went through hell on earth last century and it secured our futures. We should all be thankful because Canada played an important role and paid a big price in the process.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  That's an odd sight, thanks for posting.

I've been there today for two-minute silence at 11am. Sad, but in the same time amazing and heartwarming sight. There r more pictures on dailymail, worth looking at.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

I've been there today for two-minute silence at 11am. Sad, but in the same time amazing and heartwarming sight. There r more pictures on dailymail, worth looking at.
                    Amazing sight. I just hope these types of tributes go on forever. You're right it is heartwarming, I always think of the families. As much as the soldiers sacrifice the families do too, so to me Remembrance Day is just as much about the families as it is the soldiers.

There's so much evil in this world, so we must remember the few brave amongst us that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect out freedom.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Amazing sight. I just hope these types of tributes go on forever. You're right it is heartwarming, I always think of the families. As much as the soldiers sacrifice the families do too, so to me Remembrance Day is just as much about the families as it is the soldiers.

There's so much evil in this world, so we must remember the few brave amongst us that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect out freedom.
                      The "remembering" if taken seriously should also not end with a single day. Example: I keep hearing of cut backs of all kinds that have more of an impact on current vets (Afghan war) than even ww2/1 vets. This goes to the hypocrisy of our govts. who shamefully attend such events while legislatively do otherwise. As citizens with a vote and who seemingly care about this issue we should hold them accountable....or are just as much to blame. Wearing the poppy for a couple of days does not help the young disabled vet and his/her family. These guys didnt have a choice. They were ordered to go by our govts.

Just a view.

Comment

Went to a ceremony this morning. Having over 200 people in the park and all of them being silent and respectful was a beautiful sight.

Here is a moment of silence on the forums:

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Anyone see Eminem's "performance" for the American version, Veterans Day?

He's angry, he's in love with himself and he has not respect for the troops. That's the vibe I got. I wish people would stop buying his crap so he'd go away.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't like all this crap.

I think having Metallica and eminem in there really sends the final nail in the "veterens day" coffin.

You know, they used to call it Armistice Day, it was a celebration of PEACE, not a rallying cry for young kids to join armies to fight for billionaires business interests.

This is always a sad time for me. I wish for peace, not the shit were fed constantly.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...war-than-peace

Comment

Working...
                            X