Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    How gol'darn it?? Wait...

We'll lure the Queen over, have her wear a dashiki and do a jig with Sir Charles (that would be Barkley) to a new Drizzy creation.

That should do it?
    I feel like some sort of powerpoint presentation is also required

Comment

Look, if the Raps are the best team with the cap space to sign Durant, they have a shot. That's looking more and more likely all the time.

But it is going to take Oklahoma City failing to get over the hump both this year and next. This year will be a write-off if Durant and Westbrook can't get healthy in time for the team to make a playoff push. Next year, they have to find a way to screw up again, and not in a way that's "Westbrook is hurt for two crucial games or they would have had it."
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        If there is a way to not, Bobby Webster will figure it out.

Giving up DD and JV kind of defeats the purpose though, doesn't it? If KD is interesting in just being good, he can do that in OKC and make more money. Only way you're getting a superstar in his prime is by convincing him he can win more in Toronto than where he currently plays.

Assuming the cap is $80M for 2016-17 (which is conservative, I think):

KL: $12M
        DD: $15.15 cap hold (assume opt out)
        KD: $24M max
        Bruno: $1.6
        Bebe: $1.9
        JV: $11.7 cap hold (Raps nuts to extend unless lower than this in year 1)
        PP: $6

That still leaves Raptors with nearly $8M in cap space..... which is likely good enough to cover 3 first round picks over next 2 seasons and remaining 4 cap holds.

I think Amir and Ross are gone before DD and JV.
        Not really. You still have Lowry, Ross, Amir, newly removed stigma that high profile FA don't want to play here and also the FA marketability of having Durant on roster.

You telling my your preference is DD and JV over Durant if you're forced to choose?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I can't believe Waiters was actually included in a "best backcourt" conversation. Ridiculous.
          He included himself into that conversation lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Not really. You still have Lowry, Ross, Amir, newly removed stigma that high profile FA don't want to play here and also the FA marketability of having Durant on roster.

You telling my your preference is DD and JV over Durant if you're forced to choose?

mcHappy's point is that you may not be forced to choose. The choice might actually be Amir and Ross or DD and JV.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I don't think that's what he's saying. DD and JV will be part of the reason KD would want to come so moving them defeats the purpose.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                mcHappy's point is that you may not be forced to choose. The choice might actually be Amir and Ross or DD and JV.
                Yes, that was my point.

The choice doesn't have to be DD and JV or KD.

The choice, as I outlined, would be DD/JV/KD or DD/JV/Amir/TR.

Broken down further: KD or Amir/Ross

Comment

You missed my point.

You don't have to choose DD/JV or KD.

You have to choose between KD or Amir/Ross. In that case, hmmmmmm......

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    As fans, we'll have to do our part to make All-Star weekend something the league talks about for decades. The more notoriety the market receives, the better chances of a prized free agent.
                    I hear you Nilanka, but nothing means more than winning.

If they keep winning at a high rate, players will take notice regardless of what happens on All-star weekend.

Comment

There is no choice to make. Durant over DD and JV all day, every day.

it would be best if you can find a way to keep them but if not KD rules.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        I hear you Nilanka, but nothing means more than winning.

If they keep winning at a high rate, players will take notice regardless of what happens on All-star weekend.
                        Agreed. I should've added that as a disclaimer in my post. The assumption is that the Raptors continue to be one of the best teams in the conference.

Comment

We don't need to give up either DeMar, JV or both to get KD. McHappy has explained this like 3 times now.

Not that I think we have any chance in hell of getting Durant, but the fact is we can keep those two and still get KD. Amir and Ross would need to be sacrificed though (which I would happily do).

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                            There is no choice to make. Durant over DD and JV all day, every day.

it would be best if you can find a way to keep them but if not KD rules.
                            the first sentence nailed it.

You don't have to make the choice. Full stop. End of story. Move on. Nothing to discuss.

Comment

So you're telling me there's a chance eh?
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I dunno... but isn't up to Durant?

I'm not sure why there is a discussion about whether or not you grab the best player in the NBA, thats kinda...well obvious. No?

Maybe though, you save that cash, and push for the other guy, the Pelican. That guy is the one ya want. Not Kevin durant.

Comment

Working...
                                X