Amir's ankle, the raptors biggest worry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir's ankle, the raptors biggest worry

Is anyone else terrified what could/would happen if we lost amir for a significant chunk of time? I'm not sure enough is really being made of it.

I'm comfortable with Patterson getting good chunks of time, but i'm legit worried about our depth if amir goes down. REALLY don't want Psycho T or bebe getting substantial minutes.

I also have a hard time giving Amir a big contract because of his ankle. Just me, probably.

Anyways, lets talk trades that could bolster our big depth
    @sweatpantsjer

You're not the only one. Amir's ankles are a huge question mark to me and I'm sure many others, both for this season and moving forward.

Unfortunately, I don't see a real obvious option to upgrade PF. Maybe at some point Masai can make a depth trade to bolster it for this season, but going forward, they will either need a healthy Amir, or someone who's probably an upgrade over a healthy Amir. Can't downgrade.

Comment

Masai just has a way of always looking like he makes the right moves. With Amir being injured his pick up of JJ looks like such an amazing move. Without JJ, I don't know where the defense would be.

As for trades, I've put Taj Gibson's name out there before and still think he would be a good pick up.

Comment

We should start a thread titled: everything ankle
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Masai just has a way of always looking like he makes the right moves. With Amir being injured his pick up of JJ looks like such an amazing move. Without JJ, I don't know where the defense would be.

As for trades, I've put Taj Gibson's name out there before and still think he would be a good pick up.
          Not sure if Gibson moves the needle much. But he definitely keeps us from drowning if Amir were to miss a large chunk of the season.

Comment

Of course it/they are a concern. What is even of greater concern was that both the starting bigs shit the bed last night ...against Orlando. Wtf is going to happen against Noah and Gibson and Pau tomorrow?....shudder (if they play the same way. At least Amir has a physical problem....imo JV's head seems to be in a fuzz as well as his running/and any hops. He also has forgotten all the Hakeem type moves he displayed at the start of the season.

All to say...Masai I am sure is using his rolodex as we speak.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post

Why would Chicago trade Gibson to TO?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                They probably wouldn't, but he would be a great pickup. Ibaka would be great as well, but he is no more available than Gibson, likely even less so. The options for trading for a PF that is an upgrade seems quite low to me, and the best options would likely result in a hole elsewhere in the lineup.

Comment

Amir is so valuable to this team. The Raptors are undefeated with him in the lineup. He is an anchor on the defensive end, and his offensive rebounding has always been terrific.

I think that for this season, the Raptors should aim to keep him healthy for duration of the season. Luckily, the Raptors possess depth at the 4 spot with Patterson and Hansbrough.

For the longterm though, I think that the Raptors should be looking to upgrade the 4 spot with another player. I would love to have Amir coming off the bench as a backup PF/C, and if it is possible to retain him then I personally would, but the priority should be to upgrade the roster at the PF spot. I personally feel like Amir is the ideal backup Big man, one that can enter the game and provide a little bit of everything instantly. He's a great finisher at the rim and his defensive grit has always been noteworthy while he has been a starter.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I wish someone in the media would ask whether surgery is an option. I still think it's worth him taking a couple months off now rather than be hobbled for the playoffs. We aren't going to make it against the likes of Chicago with Patman/Psycho/Val against Pau/Noah/Gibson/Mirotic.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I wish someone in the media would ask whether surgery is an option. I still think it's worth him taking a couple months off now rather than be hobbled for the playoffs. We aren't going to make it against the likes of Chicago with Patman/Psycho/Val against Pau/Noah/Gibson/Mirotic.
                      The Raptors have the depth to survive an Amir injury or two during the season, but they need him 100% for the playoffs.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Didn't Amir skip surgery this summer because he was advised that it wasn't required?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Is anyone else terrified what could/would happen if we lost amir for a significant chunk of time? I'm not sure enough is really being made of it.

I'm comfortable with Patterson getting good chunks of time, but i'm legit worried about our depth if amir goes down. REALLY don't want Psycho T or bebe getting substantial minutes.

I also have a hard time giving Amir a big contract because of his ankle. Just me, probably.

Anyways, lets talk trades that could bolster our big depth
                          I don't think they would lose more than they would win, but they would certainly have a huge hole in the middle. I worry about his health, he's never been healthy, it ain't gonna get better.

Comment

oh, and with the way Teletovic is jacking it up in Brooklyn... im not certain Toronto can beat them in the playoffs without a mobile and healthy Amir at the 4.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              For the same reason we wanted to move Calderon, perhaps. Having a player come off the bench making starter money.

Comment

Working...
                              X