Double standard against JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Sad that JV came out with a little more intensity and fight than he has been of late only to be scapegoated in the 3rd.

I don't think there is anything anyone could say, although I'm willing to listen, that would convince me Casey doesn't treat JV unfairly.

You can't preach accountability picking and choosing who is held accountable.

There are definitely favourites in Raptorlamd.
    But we only see what we see. And we make conclusions based on that because otherwise life in Raptorland would be really boring.

But we simply do not know what goes on with the team. We don't know a lot about Casey's style, we don't know anything about the relationship between him and JV, and we don't know why JV was benched last night. We can suspect all these things, but it's just a suspicion.

This is my long way around saying that maybe people associated with the team speaking candidly would be able to convince you that Casey treats JV unfairly.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Sad that JV came out with a little more intensity and fight than he has been of late only to be scapegoated in the 3rd.

I don't think there is anything anyone could say, although I'm willing to listen, that would convince me Casey doesn't treat JV unfairly.

You can't preach accountability picking and choosing who is held accountable.

There are definitely favourites in Raptorlamd.

Sadly I'm getting more and more certain that this is true.

I think Casey has this theory that JV is supposed to be Tyson Chandler-esque on defence, and if he's not, then why play him?

Reality is that JV is not a terrific defender (I think he's shown he can be capable, although nobody besides Chandler would have stopped Pau last night), but he has shown flashes of being a really good offensive center. Unfortunately our offence is for some stupid reason designed to ignore that fact.

Watching JV get ignored in the post reminds me of my playing days in school, so maybe I have a pro-big bias, but I really think it is a major flaw in our offence.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        Watching JV get ignored in the post reminds me of my playing days in school, so maybe I have a pro-big bias, but I really think it is a major flaw in our offence.
        I get what you're saying, but I find JV's offensive game to be pretty bad. He's best when rolling to the basket.

His 1-on-1 game is cringe-worthy.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
          But we only see what we see. And we make conclusions based on that because otherwise life in Raptorland would be really boring.

But we simply do not know what goes on with the team. We don't know a lot about Casey's style, we don't know anything about the relationship between him and JV, and we don't know why JV was benched last night. We can suspect all these things, but it's just a suspicion.

This is my long way around saying that maybe people associated with the team speaking candidly would be able to convince you that Casey treats JV unfairly.
          Obviously we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.... unfortunately. Usually any "truths" come out after the player is gone.

All things being equal though, based on what we see, JV is left hung out to dry. When he is having a negative impact on the game, yeah, get him out of there. When he messes up, yeah, get him out of there..... but for the love of Angry Whoppers, give him a chance to redeem himself! The Bulls have been getting beat up on the glass until they reversed role last night.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            Sadly I'm getting more and more certain that this is true.

I think Casey has this theory that JV is supposed to be Tyson Chandler-esque on defence, and if he's not, then why play him?

Reality is that JV is not a terrific defender (I think he's shown he can be capable, although nobody besides Chandler would have stopped Pau last night), but he has shown flashes of being a really good offensive center. Unfortunately our offence is for some stupid reason designed to ignore that fact.

I hear you.

The guys I played with in high school idea of passing to the post was tracking their misses on the offensive glass.

Comment

That 2011 draft is turning out to be a pretty odd one. Other than Kyrie, it seems the best players were late picks.

- Kember Walker (9)
              - Klay Thompson (11)
              - Markieff Morris (13)
              - Kawhi Leonard (15)
              - Nic Vucevic (16)
              - Tobias Harris (19)
              - Kenneth Farried (22)
              - Reggie Jackson (24)
              - Jimmy Butler (30)
              - Chandler Parsons (38)
              - Isaiah Thomas (60)

Where would you say Jonas fits in with this mix?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                That 2011 draft is turning out to be a pretty odd one. Other than Kyrie, it seems the best players were late picks.

- Kember Walker (9)
                - Klay Thompson (11)
                - Markieff Morris (13)
                - Kawhi Leonard (15)
                - Nic Vucevic (16)
                - Tobias Harris (19)
                - Kenneth Farried (22)
                - Reggie Jackson (24)
                - Jimmy Butler (30)
                - Chandler Parsons (38)
                - Isaiah Thomas (60)

Klay Thompson
                Kawhi Leonard
                Chandler Parsons
                Nic Vucevic
                Jimmy Butler
                Jonas Valanciunas
                Kenneth Faried
                Reggie Jackson
                Kemba Walker
                Isaiah Thomas
                Morris Twins
                Tobias Harris
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

- Kember Walker (9)
                  - Klay Thompson (11)
                  - Markieff Morris (13)
                  - Kawhi Leonard (15)
                  - Nic Vucevic (16)
                  - Tobias Harris (19)
                  - Kenneth Farried (22)
                  - Reggie Jackson (24)
                  - Jimmy Butler (30)
                  - Chandler Parsons (38)
                  - Isaiah Thomas (60)

well, he hasn't been let loose by casey, at this point hes not really better than very man no them at all. Potentially, when its said and done, if all things turned out perfectly: Leonard, klay, vucevic, then jonas.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

- Kember Walker (9)
                    - Klay Thompson (11)
                    - Markieff Morris (13)
                    - Kawhi Leonard (15)
                    - Nic Vucevic (16)
                    - Tobias Harris (19)
                    - Kenneth Farried (22)
                    - Reggie Jackson (24)
                    - Jimmy Butler (30)
                    - Chandler Parsons (38)
                    - Isaiah Thomas (60)

Klay Thompson
                    Irving
                    Vucevic
                    Leonard
                    Faried
                    Butler
                    Parsons
                    Valanciunas

Number 8 i guess.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think Reggie Jackson's 23pts, 8asts deserves to be above Jonas.

Comment

Colangelo fucked up once again in another draft. UPDATED LEGACY
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Colangelo fucked up once again in another draft. UPDATED LEGACY
                          Let's all be glad he didn't pick Vessely, Biyombo or Fredette

Comment

- Kember Walker (9)
                            - Klay Thompson (11)
                            - Markieff Morris (13)
                            - Kawhi Leonard (15)
                            - Nic Vucevic (16)
                            - Tobias Harris (19)
                            - Kenneth Farried (22)
                            - Reggie Jackson (24)
                            - Jimmy Butler (30)
                            - Chandler Parsons (38)
                            - Isaiah Thomas (60)

Is Jonas still the player with the most "potential" amonst this group?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Is Jonas still the player with the most "potential" amonst this group?
                              UNTAPPED potential, maybe. Highest ceiling? Not even close.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Something no one has mentioned: fouls. Jonas gets called on some sketchy fouls. I'm not making excuses. He is being coached to challenge shots without fouling and use the principle of verticality thing. This often results in some difficult plays to judge. It's not easy for Jonas and it isn't easy for the refs...but, sometimes the whistle does blow when Jonas makes a nice challenge and you can see it deflates him. Questionable calls is something he is gonna have to learn to live with, especially as a big man. He has to learn to ignore them and not let them get into his head. It's almost like he is saying in his head, "shit, this is what the coaches are telling me to do, and the refs go and blow the fucking whistle anyways, and now I'm one foul away from being benched again, what the hell am I supposed to do?" He has to forget that and move on to the next play.

Comment

Working...
                                X