No announcement yet.

Double standard against JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was perfect the way that Casey handled JV against the Magic when I was at the game

JV was not getting it done on either end, and even less, he wasn't putting in effort. He was really pink in the face by the 2nd quarter, and looked absolutely lethargic. When he missed that bunny, the crowd really got pissed

As a coach, you are trying to breed a winner, a competitor, and a mentally strong guy. Missing easy layups is unacceptable for a 3rd year NBA player and a guy who's an international star. I'm not saying trade him, but I would continue to take him out of games if thats what he needs to learn

Comment

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an...troit-pistons/

they need to feed him like Drummond is getting fed. Yeah Drummond is struggling right now. But it's gonna pay dividends down the road.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an...troit-pistons/

they need to feed him like Drummond is getting fed. Yeah Drummond is struggling right now. But it's gonna pay dividends down the road.
        Raptors should have been reaping dividends now.

Excuses were in first year, he is a rookie.
        2nd year, we are fighting for playoffs.
        3rd year, we're contenders now.

Need has to be what it should have been the last two years: develop this young man who has all-star potential when not banged up and moping.

The C spot is hardest to fill in the game. Be a shame to blow this opportunity. Raps aren't taking the next step without him this year. Like a lot of coaches, I don't think Casey has a clue what to do with a true C.

With all being said, he has played piss poor only recently and moping on court is unacceptable. Everything can be going shit but you still gotta fight.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Raptors should have been reaping dividends now.
          Nah I don't think JV would've developed that fast.

Comment

Nah I don't think JV would've developed that fast.
            At the very least he'd be farther along the learning curve and have confidence in his game.

He is not looking very confident right now.

I'm sure one good game will change that as it often does.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              At the very least he'd be farther along the learning curve and have confidence in his game.

He is not looking very confident right now.

I'm sure one good game will change that as it often does.
              I don't know why it took him 2 years to develop right running jump hook on a left block. That's his whole repertoire. He has no drop step, no up and under, no post moves on right block because he can't dribble with his left, no face up game. It literally took him 2 years to learn running jump hook.

Comment

Seems like people are jumping to a lot of conclusions in this thread.

It has been said that Casey writes those flash cards for each player. They tell a player his role and what will probably get him pulled.

I'm not sure why the blame for JV's game is being put on Casey to be completely honest. He was averaging something like 28 minutes last year. That seems like plenty. Those minutes are more important than his shots too, since any post game is gravy.

Finally, He's not the timid angel that he's being painted here. The guy's extremely animated on court and was booked for a DUI last year, pregaming in the car as he ripped up to the lake.

I'm sure he's being handled fine. Hopefully he'll get his act together.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

JV had good pregame meal of steak & pasta. His wife gave him a good massage (in all the right places) and he topped it all with a good nap.

He is ready for battle with Joakim or Pau.

Comment

I don't know why it took him 2 years to develop right running jump hook on a left block. That's his whole repertoire. He has no drop step, no up and under, no post moves on right block because he can't dribble with his left, no face up game. It literally took him 2 years to learn running jump hook.
                    He has shown flashes.

There is no question he works on it.

But he clearly has no confidence at this moment in time and he is getting just a couple of opportunities per game.

Raptors need to diversify. We know what happens come playoff time.

Comment

I seem to have heard all this before with Ross, and still think it's a factor

It's one of Casey's trademarks - Crushing young guys confidence

Comment

Anyone who watched his game. Can easily see the double standard DD continues to shit the fucking bed and gets no repercussions
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Derozan missed 15 shots today. When JV misses 2 shots in a row time to bench him right?... Loooooool
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Derozan missed 15 shots today. When JV misses 2 shots in a row time to bench him right?... Loooooool
                              It's all good. DeRozan is gonna go to Walmart next offseason to work on his defense.

Comment

Sad that JV came out with a little more intensity and fight than he has been of late only to be scapegoated in the 3rd.

I don't think there is anything anyone could say, although I'm willing to listen, that would convince me Casey doesn't treat JV unfairly.

You can't preach accountability picking and choosing who is held accountable.

There are definitely favourites in Raptorlamd.

Comment

Working...
                                X