No announcement yet.

Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This match up should be very interesting on Wednesday.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I prefer the elder Gasol. I was hoping the Raps would make a run on him in the offseason, and many in this forum said that he's old, he's gonna get overpaid, he's soft, he doesn't like winter cuz he's from Spain and been in LA for a while, etc.

Well, he did sign with Chicago, a city imo has even worse winter conditions that TO. And he said that he doesn't give a shit about weather and that he just wants to win. Props to the Bulls, as they finally have that go-to inside scorer who can do almost everything and they won't have to depend everything on DRose.

Comment

Wow, Mack11 got banned lol that Emar Erozan shit was getting old.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

"Brun Cabcl"

I'm here all week.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            I prefer the elder Gasol. I was hoping the Raps would make a run on him in the offseason, and many in this forum said that he's old, he's gonna get overpaid, he's soft, he doesn't like winter cuz he's from Spain and been in LA for a while, etc.

Well, he did sign with Chicago, a city imo has even worse winter conditions that TO. And he said that he doesn't give a shit about weather and that he just wants to win. Props to the Bulls, as they finally have that go-to inside scorer who can do almost everything and they won't have to depend everything on DRose.
            I think most people on this forum were against it for one simple reason: we didn't have enough cap space to bring back Lowry and sign him. The biggest offer we could've made was basically the mid-level exception.

And beyond that, the only real argument against it, counting the Lowry vs. Pau dynamic, was Pau's age. Mostly because our team is still growing, and Pau's probably not got many good years left, so it's not a great match.

Comment

M. Gasol is my favourite center in the league. Seems like a very smart guy/humble and has elite passing skills for a big man. Would love to go after him despite having JV on the roster (can use JV as a trade chip to upgrade the PF spot).

But as others have said, Gasol's price tag will be too high. Unless if Memphis is happy to do a S&T (and I'm sure they'd be willing to), I don't think he's a realistic candidate. I also suspect he'll sign back with Memphis. He did 4 years ago.. can't see why he wouldn't go back a second time around considering they're actually a decent team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                "Brun Cabcl"

I'm here all week.
                LOL.

Chuck Hayes

Think about that....

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  Wow, Mack11 got banned lol that Emar Erozan shit was getting old.
                  Yea hope its a temp ban.. dudes really passionate . Its a real damage to his post counts he was going 1000 posts a day.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I think most people on this forum were against it for one simple reason: we didn't have enough cap space to bring back Lowry and sign him. The biggest offer we could've made was basically the mid-level exception.

And beyond that, the only real argument against it, counting the Lowry vs. Pau dynamic, was Pau's age. Mostly because our team is still growing, and Pau's probably not got many good years left, so it's not a great match.
                    That's true. With the salary cap, we can't have it all. The priority was to bring back the core that made it to the playoffs last year and build from there. However, based on this season, we do have a hole at the 4 which is mainly due to Amir's health. I would go after a Greg Monroe or Al Horford, who is really a 4, than Marc Gasol since we already have JV. Jonas doesn't need someone to supplant him, rather he needs someone to help him in the paint.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      That's true. With the salary cap, we can't have it all. The priority was to bring back the core that made it to the playoffs last year and build from there. However, based on this season, we do have a hole at the 4 which is mainly due to Amir's health. I would go after a Greg Monroe or Al Horford, who is really a 4, than Marc Gasol since we already have JV. Jonas doesn't need someone to supplant him, rather he needs someone to help him in the paint.
                      I'd love to have Greg Monroe but, you just can't pair him and JV. So far through 9 games GM has 2 blocks total. Teams shot 51.4 percent against jv at the rim. Also that would take away usage from JV, with GM being the better post up player.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I'd love to have Greg Monroe but, you just can't pair him and JV. So far through 9 games GM has 2 blocks total. Teams shot 51.4 percent against jv at the rim. Also that would take away usage from JV, with GM being the better post up player.
                        Regarding your last point, not sure it's a concern. The better player should get more usage if it means a better chance at 2 points.

Comment

Regarding your last point, not sure it's a concern. The better player should get more usage if it means a better chance at 2 points.
                          Understood but, JV greatest value is that he has the potential to be a good post player. If your not going to use him as a primary post option than what else much would he offer?
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Understood but, JV greatest value is that he has the potential to be a good post player. If your not going to use him as a primary post option than what else much would he offer?
                            Defence and rebounding....which may be all he's good for even without any changes to the roster.

Comment

Defence and rebounding....which may be all he's good for even without any changes to the roster.
                              See if you going to use him like that might as well just use a Center(Bebe) whose skill set embody that type of role. I feel that Masai might of Invision this. Just in case Jv couldn't become that two way center we expected, that he'd have Bebe to play that Tyson Chandler role that Casey loves so much. Simply just filling the role of a low post scorer at the 4 spot(Monroe).
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

True. Even Drummond is now struggling playing with Monroe and Smith. He can't even hit double figures compared to last season when he was a beast. His fg% is even worse than Jonas, like there would be games that he would go 5-14, and of course his free throw problems too.

How about Tristan Thompson, who's pretty much a younger version of Amir?

Comment

Working...
                                X