Harper grew one ball last night. Ha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper grew one ball last night. Ha.

Vladimir Putin stormed out of the G20 summit in Australia yesterday after being branded a liar by a fellow leader.
    The Russian president was taken to task over his country’s support for rebels in Ukraine by Canada’s prime minister, Stephen Harper, when the pair met for the traditional summit photo.
    ‘I guess I’ll shake your hand, but I have only one thing to say to you: you need to get out of Ukraine,’ Mr Harper told Mr Putin, according to a source in the Canadian’s office. ‘I’m not in Ukraine,’ Mr Putin replied. To which Mr Harper countered: ‘That’s why I don’t want a meeting with you. You’ll just lie to me.’
    Mr Putin flew home before the summit’s closing lunch.

Shit is boiling!

Ok.

authenticity?

and after that, Harper is a dick.

that is all

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Shit is boiling!
      Source please.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Ok.

authenticity?

and after that, Harper is a dick.

that is all
        Story was told by his spokesman Jason MacDonald.

Dick, or not dick, but he said it. Obama would likely shit himself before saying anything serious to Putin.

Comment

This article does talk about their meeting, but says nothing of Harper calling him a Liar, or something along those lines..

Russian President Vladimir Putin got a blunt message when he approached Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper for a handshake at today’s Group of 20 summit in Brisbane, Australia.

“I guess I’ll shake your hand but I have only one thing to say to you: you need to get out of Ukraine,” Harper told Putin, the prime minister’s spokesman Jason MacDonald said in an e-mail.

Putin’s response to the comment wasn’t positive, MacDonald said, without elaborating. Putin and Harper talked briefly, according to Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

“Indeed Harper told Putin that Russia should leave Ukraine,” Peskov said by phone today in Brisbane. “Putin told him that this is impossible because they are not there.”

Asked about the tone of the meeting between the two leaders, Peskov said “it was within the bounds of decency.”

Source

Comment

TheStar also got this.

But this G20 gathering will be remembered more for Harper’s rebuff of Russian President Vladimir Putin and the pressure brought by other like British Prime Minister David Cameron and European Union leaders on Putin to withdraw from Ukraine under threat of more sanctions.
            Harper reluctantly shook hands with Putin Saturday and gave him a blunt message: ‘Well, I guess I’ll shake your hand, but I only have one thing to say to you: you need to get out of Ukraine,’” according to his spokesman Jason MacDonald.
            The Russian delegation said Putin replied “Impossible. Since we are not there.”
            At a news conference, Harper made no apologies for dropping the diplomatic niceties, and said he confronted Putin because it is “necessary” and “important” for all leaders to keep up the pressure on Putin and his regime.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              TheStar also got this.
              Lol Hyperlinks dude. Link your sources.

Comment

...None of those have the Quote about Harper calling him a Liar. Just telling him to get out of Ukraine.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  ...None of those have the Quote about Harper calling him a Liar. Just telling him to get out of Ukraine.
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-flashing.html

There's more articles from G-20 about this, but I didn't follow everything.

More info available in Australian papers. like smh.com.au
                  Last edited by rocwell; Sun Nov 16, 2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I'm unimpressed. That's all for show and it does absolutely nothing to improve Ukraine's situation or Canada ls relationship with one of the Superpowers of the world that happens to be in range to nuke us all to Kingdom come.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

There it is. Thanks! Haha

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Honestly, I'm unimpressed. That's all for show and it does absolutely nothing to improve Ukraine's situation or Canada ls relationship with one of the Superpowers of the world that happens to be in range to nuke us all to Kingdom come.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                        Relationship with Russia? We can make it work.. of course only if we promise to stay away from North Pole ya know.

OIL. OIL. OIL.

Comment

Harper is terrible.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Harper is terrible.
                            There's no one better in sight, unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                            X