Next 5 games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next 5 games...

Ok Raps fans, the schedule is about to get a little tougher. The next 5 will feature tougher competition than any stretch of the previous 10 games. We should have a better idea on what this team really looks like after this stretch and more ammo for our respective arguments on what needs to change or be improved upon. Unless, of course, they somehow go 5-0 and eliminate just about any need for criticism at all. 5 is arbitrary, and I'm using it simply because the short schedule on theScore app shows the previous 5 results and the next 5 opponents. I'm sure most of you already know but here it is anyways:

Nov.19 vs Memphis. Best in the league atm and should be an interesting game as MEM presents similar problems that the Bulls do: a strong frontcourt and great defense, as well as an elite wing defender and a relatively balanced attack. And VC returns once again. Lets see if the boys can bring it for 4 quarters and if any lessens were learned from the Bulls game. Plenty of time to prep for this one.

Nov. 21 vs Milwaukee. The 7 game home stand ends with a matchup against what appears to be a much improved Bucks club. This should be the easiest of the 5 games, but by no means a pushover. Possible trap game if we upset (would it be?) MEM. F#*k Kidd!!

Nov. 22 @ Cleveland. Yowzers...the second night of a back to back on the road to the team that's supposed to be be the best in the East. Second game of a back to back for the Cavs as well. They have turned it up lately, scoring the ball at a high clip and they just destroyed the Hawks with 39 assists on 49 made FG's, with 10 players making it on the assist sheet, and led by guess who, Mr. I'm not a bench player, Dion Waiters. Hmmm, this one should prove quite difficult, especially if the Cavs are moving the ball that well. Better bring some big D for this one.

Nov. 24 vs Phoenix. The Suns are good. .500 atm, but we all know they are a pretty good team. Thomas Jr has had some impressive performances coming off the bench and keeping him from having an impact may be the key. Of course, then there is Dragic and Bledsoe to deal with as well. They stole Ennis from us at the draft of lets kick their butts for it!

Nov. 26 @ Atlanta. This should be another tough game. On the road but ATL isn't a particularly frightening place to play in. The 42 fans in the arena shouldn't be a factor. But with Horford, Millsap, Korver and Teague, they have some talent and usually play us well.

And for shits and giggles, here's the next five for the other top teams in the East:

Washington: Nov 19 vs DAL, Nov 21 vs CLE, Nov 22 @ MIL, Nov 25 vs ATL, Nov 26 @ CLE

Chicago: Nov 18 @ LAC, Nov 21 @ SAC, Nov 22 @ POR, Nov 24 @ UTAH, Nov 25 @ DEN

CLeveland: Nov 17 vs DEN, Nov 19 vs SAS, Nov 21 @ WAS, Nov 22 vs TOR, Nov 24 vs ORL.

I think 3-2 is pretty realistic in the next 5, possible losses coming vs Memph and Clevetown. Others should be W's, put us at 11-4... Not a bad start!

Comment

Besides being a quality opponent with a strong front line, Memphis will be a problem because the Raptors tend to come out flat after a few days off, or at least, that was true last year. The other games I think we will be in there to the end, it all depends on whether the effort is consistent through four quarters. Cleveland will probably take most of the season to gel. Love has not been on a winning team his entire NBA career, so I am pretty optimistic about that one.

Comment

I'm going to have to be cynical and say we go 2 and 3.

Memphis is the best defensive and half-court team n the league, and pose all the same problems that Chicago does.

Milwaukee is a better team than most people think. They have a lot to prove, and beating us would mean a lot to them. They just beat Miami.

The Cavs, if they go small, are going to just smoke us. Offensively, they look like absolute monsters.

I think after losing 3 in a row, the Raptors will bounce back and beat Phoenix and Atlanta.

Comment

Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssyyyyy Bryan... ain't nobody(Raptors) losing to Milwaukee... I don't think we lose 3 in a row all year. Mental toughness won't let it happen.

Comment

0-5 looool
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

at this point i cant even tell whos better. sacramento or the raptors? did we lose in the rudy trade? kings have had a tougher schedule then we have and have beat way bigger teams. they JUST beat the spurs and were actually robbed in the memphis game (kings should have won that too).

basically we have to go 4-1 (probably lose to the cavs, especially if we dont have james johnson back) or we're gonna look like chumps!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                at this point i cant even tell whos better. sacramento or the raptors? did we lose in the rudy trade? kings have had a tougher schedule then we have and have beat way bigger teams. they JUST beat the spurs and were actually robbed in the memphis game (kings should have won that too).

basically we have to go 4-1 (probably lose to the cavs, especially if we dont have james johnson back) or we're gonna look like chumps!
                Nah they are chumps
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think the over/under for these games is pretty clearly 2.5 of the 5. I'd lean to a 2-3 stretch (and I love this Raptors team)

That Cleveland game on the road on the back to back seems to be a right off to me. We should be up for Memphis but that is still a hell of a team that we might not yet be able to take. Milwaukee is feisty but we should win. Phoenix and Atlanta we probably are splitting as both are good if not great teams (Phoenix is the superior of the two)

Comment

i agree with your memphis breakdown. There frontcourt is big and strong, and Conley is legit PG. Milwaukee will be a bounce back win. The Cavs game will be interesting. Toronto matches up good against the Cavs, i really like the Raps chances on pulling out the win.

Comment

otiswolf1 wrote: View Post
                      i agree with your memphis breakdown. There frontcourt is big and strong, and Conley is legit PG. Milwaukee will be a bounce back win. The Cavs game will be interesting. Toronto matches up good against the Cavs, i really like the Raps chances on pulling out the win.
                      Who is guarding Lebron James and Kevin Love?

This seems like a 40 minute James Johnson night lol

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssyyyyy Bryan... ain't nobody(Raptors) losing to Milwaukee... I don't think we lose 3 in a row all year. Mental toughness won't let it happen.
                        No I don't think we lose to the Bucks either, but Atlanta on the road usually spelled trouble.

Comment

Fun part about the Raps.

I can see this going 5-0.
                          I can see this going 0-5

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Fun part about the Raps.

I can see this going 5-0.
                            I can see this going 0-5
                            So basically you dont know what this team is regardless of their glamorous record.... im on the same boat.

If we go 3-2 in this stretch then i'd say we are good.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              I'm going to have to be cynical and say we go 2 and 3.

Memphis is the best defensive and half-court team n the league, and pose all the same problems that Chicago does.

Milwaukee is a better team than most people think. They have a lot to prove, and beating us would mean a lot to them. They just beat Miami.

The Cavs, if they go small, are going to just smoke us. Offensively, they look like absolute monsters.

I think after losing 3 in a row, the Raptors will bounce back and beat Phoenix and Atlanta.
                              Milwaukee is gonna be tough. Let's not forget that their coach is Jason Kidd, who completely dismantled Casey's offense last spring. I could see them putting 'Po on DD defensively, playing off and making him a shooter. DD can't post and shoot over 'Po either, like he can with most shooting guards. Young fella is almost a 7-footer now, apparently, with guard skills. smh.

Comment

Working...
                              X