No announcement yet.

Game #11: Memphis Grizzlies 92 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we're giving Vince too much credit?

lol

Comment

• "I hate my life..."

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Did you watch the Vince Carter Special on Sportsnet last year? He's basically come out and said everything you've asked already actually.
        I continue to have negative thoughts of Wince for all the reasons that have been regurgitated here thru the years and I couldnt bring myself to watch an hour (or whatever) of the guy in what was a clearly orchestrated rehab job being done by MLSE and Sportsnet...no I haven't seen it. Everything I have heard of it says otherwise about any "apology". Do you have what he actually said that may construe a mea culpa to the fans...without equivocation?

I realize how old he was when he pulled all that bs....but he is in his mid-late 30s now so should have realized the consequence of those acts...and so far crickets. This franchise suffered much for those events and yes he was not the only one to blame.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          "I hate my life..."

Ahh.... Franchise. If it weren't for him being such a jerk, Vancouver would still have a team I bet.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Man the grizzlies really crushed the rockets the other night.

Comment

• We actually somehow match up well with the Grizz. Should be a great game. I expect a W
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Ahh.... Franchise. If it weren't for him being such a jerk, Vancouver would still have a team I bet.
                He was a douche, but on the other hand, what was Stu Jackson thinking picking Francis when he openly said he wouldn't want to play in Vancouver? A Babcock-esque move.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He was a douche, but on the other hand, what was Stu Jackson thinking picking Francis when he openly said he wouldn't want to play in Vancouver? A Babcock-esque move.
                  He did to get a package that turned into nothing. It was a bad move on his part, but he thought he could reap the reward. It failed.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• kopite91 wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand why people need Vince to apologize. Apologize for how awful a front office we had? Apologize for the coaching carousel? Apologize for fellow players bailing out on the team and the city of Toronto? He owes us nothing. He went on to have a career after Toronto while we haven't recovered since. Blame Peddie, Grunwald and Babcock for that...
                    It's the way he went about it. The things he said and just completely giving up before he was even traded.
                    When you're a franchise player getting paid millions and people pay to come see you, you don't do what Vince did.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      It's the way he went about it. The things he said and just completely giving up before he was even traded.
                      When you're a franchise player getting paid millions and people pay to come see you, you don't do what Vince did.
                      Or if you do the franchise doesn't put you on a pedestal later.

Raptors franchise proving themselves to be little bitches who are desperate to play the raising rafters game, even if what they're raising is worthless.

Comment

• Maybe I'm the minority here but I have no interest in paying homage to Vince, especially when he's rolling into town playing for a competitor, in what is a pretty big game for the Raptors.

Even after he retires I don't really want to see him honoured. I'm not sure why the club is bending over backwards to repair a relationship with this guy.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          Maybe I'm the minority here but I have no interest in paying homage to Vince, especially when he's rolling into town playing for a competitor, in what is a pretty big game for the Raptors.
                          Completely agree. MLSE looks to be a tad out of touch with this maneuver.

Regardless of one's opinion of Vince/Wince, you don't pay tributes to your opponent. That's just common sense.

Comment

• i dont see what the big deal is. jose calderon had a video tribute for him last year as well. this isn't going to be any different.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              i dont see what the big deal is. jose calderon had a video tribute for him last year as well. this isn't going to be any different.
                              The situations are very different.

Vince quit on the team and demanded a trade. Jose was fiercely loyal to Toronto during his time here (despite BC trading him to Charlotte before having the deal fall through and having no less than 3 players brought in to take his job) and was eventually traded against his will.

They also did the video tribute for Jose the next time he came back into town, not randomly a decade later.

Comment

• I don't agree with video but this is more about 20 years than VC

VC is without question biggest part of franchises history.

Comment

Working...
                                X