Game #11: Memphis Grizzlies 92 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I'm not worried about Amir. Every year people say they are seeing less and less from him, that they are worried about his output, and every year he is quietly churning out the best plus minus on the team.

This year, the starters mostly have a net rating of about +7. The bench has been crushing inferior benches by about +11.

Meanwhile, Amir, playing mostly with the starters - a plus 12 net rating.

Nothing wrong with Amir. He's just not a stat sheet stuffer. He's a game winner.
    We do see the same "he doesn't look right" "he's not hustling like he used to" "I don't know why Amir plays over Patterson" comments every year.

Amir's ankles are chronically bad and he's probably playing at 85% most nights during the season (if not worse). But his productivity is essentially unchanged.

Aside from the very good +/- mentioned by DanH, Amir's per 36 numbers are nearly identical this season to last, straight across the board. Honestly whatever "slow start" you're seeing is in your head. Amir's still doing all the Amir things he always does.

That said, I'm less and less comfortable depending on him moving forward. Sooner or later those ankles are going to start putting him out for longer periods of time *knock on wood*.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think people should get over the Vince Carter hate. It's been a long time. I was as pissed as anyone with how all that went down and booed the crap out of him in his NJ days, but time offers perspective, and unless you're just in utter denial, despite him seemingly giving up on the city, he is responsible for putting Toronto on the NBA basketball map and influencing a ton of young Canadians to play the game. He deserves recognition from the franchise for that and I support them for trying to repair the relationship.

Holding onto grudges is petty as hell and it's time Toronto fans grow up a bit.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I don't agree with video but this is more about 20 years than VC

VC is without question biggest part of franchises history.
        True. Hopefully they choose appropriate music, like Vader's march from Star Wars or something equally ominous.

Other way to take it would be to play something ridiculous, like Achy Breaky Heart or Weird Al's "Harvey the Wonder Hamster"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Rump23NTU
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Forgive, never Forget
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
            Holding onto grudges is petty as hell and it's time Toronto fans grow up a bit.
            I think for a lot of posters, the disbelief goes well beyond hate or grudges.

Vince was the first Raptors player who was globally popular - fine.

What did he really do for the team on the court? What accomplishment did he lead the team to? What legacy does he have in a Raptors jersey?

For all the hype and nostalgia surrounding Vinsanity, VC's greatest achievement in his Raptors career is winning the slam dunk contest.

He was the first popular player on an expansion team that was laughably bad up until that point in time, and he won an award during an all-star game. So what? His team only made it to the playoffs a couple times and only made it out of the first round once. How is anything he did as a Raptor worthy or celebration and honor by the franchise?

Compare VC to the types of players whose numbers have been retired by the likes of the Celtics, Lakers and other proud franchises; there is no comparison. He did nothing to earn such an honor.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              True. Hopefully they choose appropriate music, like Vader's march from Star Wars or something equally ominous.

Other way to take it would be to play something ridiculous, like Achy Breaky Heart or Weird Al's "Harvey the Wonder Hamster"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Rump23NTU
              speaking of Star Wars

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I think for a lot of posters, the disbelief goes well beyond hate or grudges.

Vince was the first Raptors player who was globally popular - fine.

What did he really do for the team on the court? What accomplishment did he lead the team to? What legacy does he have in a Raptors jersey?

For all the hype and nostalgia surrounding Vinsanity, VC's greatest achievement in his Raptors career is winning the slam dunk contest.

He was the first popular player on an expansion team that was laughably bad up until that point in time, and he won an award during an all-star game. So what? His team only made it to the playoffs a couple times and only made it out of the first round once. How is anything he did as a Raptor worthy or celebration and honor by the franchise?

Compare VC to the types of players whose numbers have been retired by the likes of the Celtics, Lakers and other proud franchises; there is no comparison. He did nothing to earn such an honor.
                This.

Now let's talk about Raps vs Grizzlies!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  speaking of Star Wars

Basically Obi Wan is all of Raptors nation. Seems appropriate.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Any updates on JJ? Is he a game time decision, or officially out?

Comment

• Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

Allen and Lee both bothered could mean a big night for Demar.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

Oh so that's why line moved up to 3.5, 4 couple hours ago!

Comment

• White Vegas strikes again

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Any updates on JJ? Is he a game time decision, or officially out?
                              I'd say he's likely out for tonight.

Comment

• That's big news.. their bench is pretty bad too. The Grizz will be playing an OKC type line up if all those guys are out.

Comment

Working...
                                X