Grizzlies Raptors
    PG Mike Conley PG Kyle Lowry
    SG Tony Allen SG Demar Derozan
    SF Tayshaun Prince SF Terrence Ross
    PF Zach Randolph PF Amir Johnson
    C Marc Gasol C Jonas Valanciunas
    Last Time we Met:
    MARCH 14, 2014 TORONTO 99, MEMPHIS 86
    The Toronto Raptors scored 12 straight points late in the fourth quarter to break open a tied game on the way to a comfortable 99-86 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies … Jonas Valanciunas paced the way for the Raptors with 23 points while Kyle Lowry picked up a double double with 22 points and 12 assists … Greivis Vasquez played a huge role off the bench, scoring 17 points before an enthusiastic crowd of 18,465 … Vasquez, who scored five points in 20 seconds to break an 80-80 tie, fired a cross-court pass to DeMar DeRozan who hit a three-point jumper to widen the Raptors lead to 10 points with 3:13 to go … The Raptors outscored Memphis 19-6 down the stretch to win their second straight … DeRozan had 10 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter … Zach Randolph had 16 points and eight assists to lead the Grizzlies … The Raptors led 71-67 after a third quarter that saw the lead change five times … The Grizzlies were up by as many as four points in the period and Toronto had a six-point edge but neither team could pull away.

Game Notes:
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a franchise record seven-game home stand (Nov. 7-21) Wednesday night against the Memphis Grizzlies at Air Canada Centre. The Raptors open the season with nine of their first 12 games (Oct. 29 - Nov. 21) at home. Memphis was one of four Western Conference teams (New Orleans, Utah and Dallas) the Raptors swept last season. Toronto’s 8-2 start is the team’s best record after 10 games in franchise history. The Raptors began the 1999-00 season with a 7-3 record.
    • From Elias: Toronto has scored 1,060 points in its first 10 games this season. That's the second-most points the Raptors have scored in their first 10 games of a season in team history. Toronto scored 1,069 points in their first 10 games in 2009-10. The Raptors currently rank fifth in the NBA in scoring (106.0), while Memphis ranks second in opponent scoring (91.3). Toronto will face another tough defense Friday when they host Milwaukee. The Bucks are holding opponents to 92.6 points this season - third in the NBA.
    • Toronto’s bench combined to score 23 of the team’s 35 points in the fourth quarter Saturday against the Jazz. Reserve guard Lou Williams scored 10 of his 12 points in the fourth and has now scored in double figures in six of the last seven games (Nov. 4-15). Williams leads the Raptors in fourth quarter scoring with 41 points in 70 minutes played. Through 10 games, Toronto’s bench ranks seventh in the NBA in scoring (35.9). Last season the Raptors ranked 27th in the league in bench points (26.1).
    • Head coach Dwane Casey has an opportunity to pass Lenny Wilkens (113) for second on the team’s all-time coaching victories list. In his fourth season with Toronto, Casey has a 113-127 (.471) record and is the longest tenured coach in the Atlantic division. Sam Mitchell holds the team record with 156 wins as Raptors head coach.
    • During the 2014 calendar year the Raptors are 27-8 (.771) at Air Canada Centre. Toronto is 6-1 at home this season and is tied with Portland for the most home victories in the NBA.
    • Toronto is 7-0 this season when leading after three quarters. Dating back to the start of last season, the Raptors are now 42-2 when ahead entering the fourth, including a perfect 25-0 at Air Canada Centre. Toronto has won 32 straight games when leading after three quarters. The Raptors have outscored opponents 265-to-216 (+49) in the fourth quarter this season.
    • The Raptors rank second in the NBA in both free throws made (24.4) and attempted (31.1) per game - trailing only Sacramento in both categories. Guard DeMar DeRozan ranks second in the NBA in made free throws (72) and tied for third in attempts (87). DeRozan has attempted at least eight free throws in eight of the first 10 games.
    • Toronto committed eight turnovers Nov. 15 vs. Utah, one shy of its season low. The Raptors have now turned the ball over 10 times or less six times this season and are currently tied with Dallas for the NBA lead in turnovers per game (11.3). Guard Kyle Lowry ranks eighth in the league with a 3.41 (58-to-17) assists-per-turnover ratio.
    • Guard Kyle Lowry was originally drafted 24th overall by Memphis in the 2006 NBA Draft. In 16 career games (11 starts) against the Grizzlies he’s averaging 13.8 points, 7.7 assists and 1.5 steals, while shooting .419 (26-for-62) from three-point range. Lowry is 11-5 against his former team.

Keys to the Game:

+ Proving Game
    + Very Tough Defense. Move the ball.
    + Conley is hot!

Key Match-Ups

vs.

Lets Go Raptors!!

Game Link
    Someone Please Provide Link, and I will update Post

Will DeMar get shut down by Allen? Let's tune in and find out.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Dinos beat bears. Bears beets Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Funny, I no longer think Vancouver when I see the Grizz.

I hope our squad takes this as a statement game and comes out and protects home court.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
          Will DeMar get shut down by Allen? Let's tune in and find out.
          I'm just really hoping it's not Chicago all over again.

Hoping for JV to have another good game against the Grizzlies!

OG is our king

Comment

Seriously Joey, you get me excited 2 days before the game?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Seriously Joey, you get me excited 2 days before the game?
              Joey gives the people what they want!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Dinos beat bears. Bears beets Battlestar Galactica.
                HAH One of the favourite bits from the Office.

Just had a great laugh ... That quality though!

Notice he didn't say Grizzly Bear is Best.
                Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Looking at the visuals of the op and seeing the names Allen and Prince in the starting lineup does not exactly shout out "fearsome" in an offensive sense....Conley as well. Admittedly I havent looked at their off. stats for this year....but "we should be able to take these guys" crosses the mind.

And then I slap and remind myself....defense wins games. Their coach as well Joerger must be doing something right. Raps have to up their D as well. This is going to be a big boy game!

Comment

Anybody watching Battle of the West today? Rockets vs Grizzlies
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Memphis should be 8-2, just saying rudy and his crew got robbed. League will most likely overturn that call. I honestly think we will match up really well agianst Memphis, raps will win this game.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                        Memphis should be 8-2, just saying rudy and his crew got robbed. League will most likely overturn that call. I honestly think we will match up really well agianst Memphis, raps will win this game.
                        what? league will not overturn it. if anything it'll just be some useless apology but wont actually take away wins/losses from any team.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          what? league will not overturn it. if anything it'll just be some useless apology but wont actually take away wins/losses from any team.
                          no no Memphis is in the USA not Canada. The league will actually pay attention to what there saying lol

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            I think because it was an end of the game play the directly affected the outcome and is not based around a judgement call it could (and should) be overturned.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

The league will never overturn a result after the game is over. Not the slightest chance.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X