• Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Next up: milwaukee

Holder of 7-5 record

Winner of 3 straight and 5 of 6

With victories over Memphis, Miami, Brooklyn in that stretch

Suddenly not a joke
    They were written off last season as a tanker, but they were crippled by injuries at the start of the season and chose to take the long-view during a lost season.

They definitely have some nice young pieces, to either build with or cash-in as trade bait.

Comment

Lol - they barely beat a team missing 5 rotational players combined with losses to Miami and Chicago

Pre-ten-der

The Washington game was great but will look forward to rematch with beal.

Raps are soft and heavily dependent on perimeter... Check FGA - that is not going to cut it in playoffs.

Ball movement and balanced attack are missing

Great game though
      Wow, just wow.

"Great game though", lol

Comment

• Nah, when Jason Kidd wins society as a whole loses.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
          This is the exact sort of team I thought Hayes would be vital for. Z-Bo, Gasol, Jefferson, Cousins, these are the guys we need Hayes against when the others aren't getting it done. Would've loved to have seen Hayes on Pau Gasol in the Chicago game when he started going ham.
          Yeah problem with Hayes everyone is forgetting is that he makes it 4 on 5 on offense.

The win came because we had big nights from both Chuck and T ross, who came alive in the 4th, and Lou dub who hit some timely buckets (esp that 3 point play followed by the corner three). Big momentum shift then. Coupled with chucks d, that spurned the run that earned us this W.

That's why I love this early year huge rotation. Sure we might be winning ugly but we're winning and the guys are all getting burn and all getting their chances to get hot. Sure we may not have a guy we can go-to to close out a game. We have two or three different ones each game. That's what depth does.
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            They were written off last season as a tanker, but they were crippled by injuries at the start of the season and chose to take the long-view during a lost season.

They definitely have some nice young pieces, to either build with or cash-in as trade bait.

Larry Sanders. Huge contract. Great rim-protector. Staunch advocate of the decriminalization of marijuana. I like him. Why is he never healthy?

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Here's what fans should do:

After the tribute video — everyone gives a standing ovation.

Once Vince gets on the court and touches the ball — everyone boos the fuck out of him. That's how you show him it's not personal. You can appreciate the man but still boo the player.
              Nice call. What are this weeks lottery numbers?

Comment

Lol - they barely beat a team missing 5 rotational players combined with losses to Miami and Chicago

Pre-ten-der

The Washington game was great but will look forward to rematch with beal.

Raps are soft and heavily dependent on perimeter... Check FGA - that is not going to cut it in playoffs.

Ball movement and balanced attack are missing

Great game though
                I don't think we are legit title contenders but I think we have a legit chance of coming out of the east; and that is miles ahead of where we were last year. And once you get to the finals, anything is possible (including another flu outbreak).

We clearly need to do better on the boards and inside in general. Our offence is too jump shot happy and we are over-reliant on foul calls but we have lots of time to work on those things. We have a lot going for us right now and should take full advantage of this hot start.

Gotta love where we are compared to a season ago.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Give Hayes the game ball

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Give Hayes the game ball
                    Was really fun to watch Marc Gasol attempt to move him with absolutely no luck what so ever.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Was really fun to watch Marc Gasol attempt to move him with absolutely no luck what so ever.
                      Lol ya, every move he made took him further away from the basket.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Lol ya, every move he made took him further away from the basket.
                        And once 20 feet from the basket, hoist up a hail mary, and hit it. Was his plan all along.

Comment

• Great end result to the game! I agree with the one guy though that the Raptors are going to be in trouble if we continue to allow big men absolutely run over us. Fortunately, for the most part the NBA is no longer a big man league. We beat the number 1 team!

I too was moved to tears seeing Vince getting that standing O. Good on Raptors fans to finally give him some recognition for the good things he did for the franchise, the sport in our country, and for the city. It's nice to remember those days. I would probably be nothing more than a casual Raptors fan if not for Vince Carter (the good and the bad had equal share in turning me into an obsessive fan). Hopefully moving forward his legacy will be remembered in a more positive light.

You make your mark where you can, and you move on. Will he look back and have some regrets? Sure everyone does.

I agree that Vince doesn't have massive accomplishments on a team scale, but neither did Doug Gilmour or Darryl Sittler, and if you look up at the rafters in ACC, their names are up there. In fact there are 4 total players up there who played after 1967, our last Stanley Cup win. Now, I'm still on the fence as to whether Vince deserves the same honor, but certainly think that at the very least we could put an end to the booing. Sittler's biggest accomplishment was 10 points in one game, a record that remains unbroken to this day. To me that is no different than feeling bored while watching the last 13-14 slam dunk competitions since Vince's year.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Wow, can't believe I missed the game...

Also, we're going to have a legit chance against Cleveland, that should be fun...
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Wow, can't believe I missed the game...

Also, we're going to have a legit chance against Cleveland, that should be fun...
                              I'm scared. No JJ to slow down LeBron and Kevin Love can take advantage of the Raps inability to rebound. Could potentially get ugly...

On the other hand, their defense is pretty bad so the team could probably try to out-gun them. No true rim protectors either (I think) so a healthy dose of shots inside would be nice.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                                Great end result to the game! I agree with the one guy though that the Raptors are going to be in trouble if we continue to allow big men absolutely run over us. Fortunately, for the most part the NBA is no longer a big man league. We beat the number 1 team!

I too was moved to tears seeing Vince getting that standing O. Good on Raptors fans to finally give him some recognition for the good things he did for the franchise, the sport in our country, and for the city. It's nice to remember those days. I would probably be nothing more than a casual Raptors fan if not for Vince Carter (the good and the bad had equal share in turning me into an obsessive fan). Hopefully moving forward his legacy will be remembered in a more positive light.

You make your mark where you can, and you move on. Will he look back and have some regrets? Sure everyone does.

I agree that Vince doesn't have massive accomplishments on a team scale, but neither did Doug Gilmour or Darryl Sittler, and if you look up at the rafters in ACC, their names are up there. In fact there are 4 total players up there who played after 1967, our last Stanley Cup win. Now, I'm still on the fence as to whether Vince deserves the same honor, but certainly think that at the very least we could put an end to the booing. Sittler's biggest accomplishment was 10 points in one game, a record that remains unbroken to this day. To me that is no different than feeling bored while watching the last 13-14 slam dunk competitions since Vince's year.
                                If you must use the Sittler/Gilmour hockey analogy....they are significantly different from VC and the modern NBA. Hockey players as you know are loathe to individualize themselves at the expense of the team and Sittler nor Gilmour never did in spite of their accomplishments. Carter may have changed now but as I am constantly reminded, HE was the story (dunks, 360s etc) .... the Raptors was just the team he happened to be on. And he reciprocated with how he handled his departure...with individuality and selfishness in the middle of his contract without regard to how the franchise (and thus fanbase) would be affected by the forced trade (also bungled by management). As far as I am concerned only recently we have come out of the boring and mediocre teams that were results of that forced trade for VC. And he hasnt (to my knowledge) recognized this in any substantive way.

Comment

Working...
                                X