No announcement yet.

Game #11: Memphis Grizzlies 92 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least I didn't get to see stupid "No Tony Allen. No Courtney Lee. No problem" posts from Grizz
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      For me I feel Vince ha no impact on the growth of basketball in Canada, I was a huge hoops head back in the 80's and 90's, Vince was no where in sight yet. Players south of the border were having a big impact, Jordan was huge to the game, I feel Vince was just riding the tsunami that MJ started. It is easy to give credit to VC because the youth now got to see him and got excited, but the NBA expanded to Canada for a reason before VC ever came along.
      No impact ? Really?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        as for this game though, it was fun to watch. but barely beating a top team with 5 players out including 2 starters takes away significant meaning behind the win.
        Come April all that will matter is a W. It was a significant win psychologically after losing on TNT to Chicago last week. Don't discount gaining confidence by winning these types of games. Also , though many posters don't care, it improves Raptors credibility south of the border.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Again, the role players that were missing does not signifigantly change the memphis grizzlies. You will not blow out Randolph, gasol and Conley ever. We won. Crunch time we were better. 9-2. End of story.
          no shit we won. but what you're saying is absolutely ridiculous. missing two starters does not significantly change a team? having to call up d-league players just to get enough numbers to legally play isn't an issue at all for a team? get real. no one is saying you can't enjoy a win. but to spew nonsense and hide behind self-imposed naivety is just sad.

Comment

• One very well known handicapper from Covers took -2 raps spread over Memphis...

"This is a great matchup tonight, and both of these teams have started off the season red hot. We like the Raptors for several reasons. For one, the Grizzlies are the more public and well-known team, and they will get the benefit of the doubt from the oddsmakers and public bettors in this type of matchup. No matter how well the Raptors play, no one pays attention to them because of their lack of big-name players and their location. But when you look at their records ATS, Toronto is 7-3 ATS with a SU record of 8-2, while Memphis is 10-1 SU and only 5-6 ATS. We just think this is another line shaded in the Grizzlies direction. Toronto won and covered both meetings last season (they are on a 5-2 ATS run in this series), and these are very similar teams to last year. Toronto has also had three nights rest coming into this one and should be more prepared to succeed here as a result. That much time off is huge at this point of the season when not every player on the court has mid-season conditioning."

Nobody care about us

Comment

no shit we won. but what you're saying is absolutely ridiculous. missing two starters does not significantly change a team? having to call up d-league players just to get enough numbers to legally play isn't an issue at all for a team? get real. no one is saying you can't enjoy a win. but to spew nonsense and hide behind self-imposed naivety is just sad.
              Meh.

Tony Allen is the only guy they truly missed, Lee to a lessor degree. I say that because the guys not missing are the guys that win for them.... and Allen on defence. it reminds me of Old timers hockey, a team could have 7 guys missing, but if the guys left over are the ringers, and they therefore play WAY more minutes, it isn't that much of a hindrance.

For Toronto, if you look at how they won their games thus far, a HUGE catalyst has been James Johnson. I think his loss is Bigger than the three guys and even lee, leaving Tony allen. So yeah, Memphis will have suffered a bit more than Toronto, but Johnsons absence for toronto is actually very significant too. so to make it out like Memphis was a lame dunk, when compared to toronto is actually pretty weak.... it was a good test.

Good win.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                Meh.

Tony Allen is the only guy they truly missed, Lee to a lessor degree. I say that because the guys not missing are the guys that win for them.... and Allen on defence. it reminds me of Old timers hockey, a team could have 7 guys missing, but if the guys left over are the ringers, and they therefore play WAY more minutes, it isn't that much of a hindrance.

For Toronto, if you look at how they won their games thus far, a HUGE catalyst has been James Johnson. I think his loss is Bigger than the three guys and even lee, leaving Tony allen. So yeah, Memphis will have suffered a bit more than Toronto, but Johnsons absence for toronto is actually very significant too. so to make it out like Memphis was a lame dunk, when compared to toronto is actually pretty weak.... it was a good test.

Good win.
                That is a really good point.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  That is a really good point.
                  Yeah, that's the way I see it - Gasol and Randolph destroyed us and got huge minutes - every minute with Koufos out there instead would have been a blessing.

Balance that with Allen keying in on DeMar and the game may well have gone very differently, but I'm not going to write this Grizzlies team off as an easy win when they are still putting those guys on the floor. Over the course of a season losing that many guys would kill them - but for one game? While keeping and dramatically increasing the minutes of their top 3 guys? Meh.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Meh.

Good win.
                    tony allen and courtney lee average 30 minutes a game together. james johnson is averaging less than 20 off the bench.

in this particular game, those main 3 memphis dudes all had to play a good chunk of extra minutes to make up for the loss of players.
                    conley had to play 42 minutes. gasol had to play 41. randolph at 38. hell they even had to get 40 year old vince carter to play for a whole half hour when he only averages 15-16 minutes a game on normal night. these are generally overtime minutes.

meanwhile, no raptor broke the 38 minute mark at all, as it should be.

to say that us losing james johnson is worse than memphis losing 5 guys is just stupid.

Comment

....to say that us losing james johnson is worse than memphis losing 5 guys is just stupid.
                      That's why he didn't say that.

"I think his loss is Bigger than the three guys and even lee, leaving Tony allen."

Comment

to say that us losing james johnson is worse than memphis losing 5 guys is just stupid.
                        So yeah, Memphis will have suffered a bit more than Toronto, but Johnsons absence for toronto is actually very significant too.

dude, ya gotta read.

Comment

Working...
                        X