No announcement yet.

Game #11: Memphis Grizzlies 92 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Sam Mitchell summed it up perfectly during his interview on TSN yesterday:

"Regardless of how you may feel about Vince when he left, I would encourage the fans to think about the times when Vince was there," Mitchell pleaded. "How he played and the excitement and the notoriety that he brought to the Raptors and to that country, Canada as far as basketball."

"As you get older and you learn, we all grow," he continued. "I'm sure Vince would like to have done some things different, we all would like a do-over in certain areas of our life, but you still can't negate what he did for basketball in Canada. He brought it to life and he gave it a face. For that, I think the people in Toronto should be eternally grateful."

I think most of the people that boos Vince nowadays, they just do it for fun. Most of them are teenagers. I remember last year when the Mavs came to town , i saw a bunch of 15-18 year old kids booing the guy, pretty funny and sad. if you weren't old enough to watch VC play back in the late 90's/early 2000's you have no business booing the guy and you have no business being in this convo.

Now there are still some people that boos him becaue of what happened 10 years ago and it's pretty sad. Like i said, it's been 10 yers move on. The positive things that Vince brought here far outweighs the negative.

Btw, the Raps are going to retire VC's number once he calls it a career. It's going to happen. So get used to this.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      White Vegas strikes again
      LOL. JJ took 'em out last nite.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        The Grizz will be playing an OKC type line up if all those guys are out.
        Unfortuately OKC isn't trotting out Conley, Gasol and Randolph. They'll still be a formidable foe.

Comment

• And yes i'm pretty sure the Raps are going to retire VC's number. Not sure if they will do it after he retires or the year when he gets to the HOF. And yes VC is a future HOF'er. And i'm pretty sure he's going in as a Raptor.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            That's big news.. their bench is pretty bad too. The Grizz will be playing an OKC type line up if all those guys are out.
            When two of the Conley, ZBo, and Gasol are out we can make OKC comparisons.

Comment

• Those guys being out (if they are) puts the Raps in a no win situation. If they win, it comes with a huge caveat that those guys were out and people can say they still haven't beaten anyone. If they lose, well, I'll avoid the forums for a couple days...
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Those guys being out (if they are) puts the Raps in a no win situation. If they win, it comes with a huge caveat that those guys were out and people can say they still haven't beaten anyone. If they lose, well, I'll avoid the forums for a couple days...
                PUssy!

lol - jk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  And yes i'm pretty sure the Raps are going to retire VC's number. Not sure if they will do it after he retires or the year when he gets to the HOF. And yes VC is a future HOF'er. And i'm pretty sure he's going in as a Raptor.
                  It just seems wrong tome to make the first person who gets his number retired by a franchise to be a player who betrayed the franchise.

I'm ok giving him that honour at some point but once this team has a banner of someone "greater", someone who truly embodies "the raptor persona"

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    Those guys being out (if they are) puts the Raps in a no win situation. If they win, it comes with a huge caveat that those guys were out and people can say they still haven't beaten anyone. If they lose, well, I'll avoid the forums for a couple days...
                    Maybe it would be a good time to sit DeMar so we could see what Ross can do?

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                      I disagree.

Better to sit Ross and let DD catch the bug.

Then Ross can show what he can really do as DD recovers for 5 games.

Hopefully Ross averages like 65 points on 94% shooting so we can trade him for Horford and Carroll.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I disagree.

Better to sit Ross and let DD catch the bug.

Then Ross can show what he can really do as DD recovers for 5 games.

Hopefully Ross averages like 65 points on 94% shooting so we can trade him for Horford and Carroll.
                          Brilliant hypothetical! Thank you for helping me mend my ways and be more enlightened.

Comment

• Fuck this TSN 5 bullshit. I get TSN, TSN2, SN360, SNE, SN1, SNP,SNW, SNO, and I can't watch a fucking Raptors game.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• This entire page of posts made me literally laugh out loud, while making me incredibly uncomfortable, all at once... how long until tip-off???

Comment

• Can you tell we're desperate for basketball? Game hasn't even started and we're already close to 200 posts deep in the game thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X