Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBSSports.com Matt Moore - Raptors Aren't Contenders for Eastern Conference Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get his diatribe against our strength of schedule. It's .487, which is just about where it's going to be all year, if not a little lower. The home/away split has helped, but it's not like we've played all scraps.

The quality wins thing I understand a bit better, but not losing to teams like Indiana at home means something too. The Bulls can't stay healthy, and can't bring it every day. And usually, if you can't bring it every day in the regular season, you won't be able to bring it every day in the post season either.

Are we better than a fully healthy Memphis team? No. Are we better than the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers? No. But there's been no indication so far that we haven't been the best team in the East. I think Cleveland will take that mantle eventually, and Chicago playing their best at full strength is better, but that just hasn't happened very often. There's something to be said for consistency and being able to grind out games, even games you should win.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      Thoughts?

This is likely one of the best, most respectful Raptor pieces I have seen in a long time to be honest. Its honest.

I complain about US media a lot, but thats more lack of coverage on a day to day basis, and then stupid press that is completely flawed, that insults the city and living in it. I don't like when they ignore a team that starts off 9-2 so they can post 34 articles about Cleveland a day.

BUT!!!!!!!!

I also hate the opposite. Like when they hop on a bandwagon and place ridiculous rankings, or praise of nowhere, setting the team up as an easy target when they lose....as they did just before playing chicago. The media is highly complicated. they are masters of controlling the public. I respect their savvy, but I think its evil.

What this guy did just now, was be who he is.... a basketball nerd. He told it how he see's it. And to be honest, how can you argue with what he is saying. I don't think you can.

Comment

Amusing to read the comments on this ESPN 5-on-5 article, about contenders vs. pretenders. (Cavs, Clippers, Wizards, Blazers, Rockets are discussed)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...nder-pretender

Fans of the teams mentioned in the discussion are pissed that they didn't get as many 'contender' votes as they think they deserve. Fans of teams not mentioned in the article are pissed that their team apparently warrant this discussion. It shows that this is a sensitive criticism for every fan base out there.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          Amusing to read the comments on this ESPN 5-on-5 article, about contenders vs. pretenders. (Cavs, Clippers, Wizards, Blazers, Rockets are discussed)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...nder-pretender

Fans of the teams mentioned in the discussion are pissed that they didn't get as many 'contender' votes as they think they deserve. Fans of teams not mentioned in the article are pissed that their team apparently warrant this discussion. It shows that this is a sensitive criticism for every fan base out there.
          Just for fun, from that list:

Contenders: Cavs, Clippers
          Pretenders: Wizards, Rockets
          Not Sure Yet (So I guess I default to contenders until further notice): Blazers
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Aaaand the trolling continues

Comment

ddaylewis wrote: View Post
              Aaaand the trolling continues

"They look great"
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I wonder what shit storm hits twitter next

Lol

Comment

Matt Moore looking like more and more of a moron.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I wonder what shit storm hits twitter next

Lol
                    "No Dellevadova tho." Matt Moore, probably

Comment

He's at it again

Wow, Matt Moore really has a thing for us. In honour of turkey day in the states he lists what each NBA team should be thankful for so far this year. There's the typical humour for teams like the sixers, pistons and lakers. There's some crediting of various core players for each of the league leading teams these days. For the raps?

"Toronto Raptors: That their schedule has been "early Big 10 football schedule" cupcake soft, that their chemistry is off the charts, that they are catching every break you can think of, and that they may finally have the best team in the East. Maybe."

Chemistry. That's the highest praise he has. It's hard to find amongst the digs. Matt Moore is an objective, talented journalist. Maybe.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...on-thanksgving

Edit: yet he still has them ranked second in his most recent power rankings. How is a team with a cupcake soft schedule, catching every break there is, ranked as the second best for now? I guess he didn't want to look to out of step with THE REST OF THE %*#{€ COUNTRY.
                      Last edited by Jclaw; Thu Nov 27, 2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Wow, Matt Moore really has a thing for us. In honour of turkey day in the states he lists what each NBA team should be thankful for so far this year. There's the typical humour for teams like the sixers, pistons and lakers. There's some crediting of various core players for each of the league leading teams these days. For the raps?

"Toronto Raptors: That their schedule has been "early Big 10 football schedule" cupcake soft, that their chemistry is off the charts, that they are catching every break you can think of, and that they may finally have the best team in the East. Maybe."

Chemistry. That's the highest praise he has. It's hard to find amongst the digs. Matt Moore is an objective, talented journalist. Maybe.

Edit: yet he still has them ranked second in his most recent power rankings. How is a team with a cupcake soft schedule, catching every break there is, ranked as the second best for now? I guess he didn't want to look to out of step with THE REST OF THE %*#{€ COUNTRY.
                        He's doing it for clicks and views from Raptors fans obviously. Eff that guy
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

I think there's actually a valid point in what he's saying. With a fairly easy schedule leading to a bunch of early wins, the Raptors have quickly created solid chemistry and confidence, which are both key for sustainable winning (and I daresay playoff winning), setting them up for continued success. I think he's pointing to the benefit of an easy early schedule beyond just the win column, in a way that could prove far more meaningful down the road. A talented team is one thing, but a talented team with solid chemistry that is oozing confidence, with a rabid fanbase behind them... look out!

Comment

Working...
                          X