No announcement yet.

Faried Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say no to Faried, apparently he is not well liked by his teammates and is pretty arrogant. Dos not seem like a good fit for the culture of the team.
    http://www.balldontstop.com/report-k...-liked-denver/
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Wasn't this a rumor last year as well?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I didn't think a guy who got an extension can be moved so quickly.. I like Faried, but I like Amir more (from a defensive perspective). Faried is all hustle which would make him a great fit for this team from that perspective. But he's not as tall/long/strong defensively as Amir is and that's not good.

He's a top 50 player in the league though (arguably).. so having him on the team is not a bad thing. I just think the negative out way the positives.. lose cap space, worse off defensively, and would probably need to move a good asset (like draft picks, Ross, etc) to get him.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          I say no to Faried, apparently he is not well liked by his teammates and is pretty arrogant. Dos not seem like a good fit for the culture of the team.
          http://www.balldontstop.com/report-k...-liked-denver/
          From your link and the espn excerpt "...and other guys (on team) take exception to his contract".

Lol....maybe the problem is with his team mates. I have heard/read he is actually a high character guy. A losing team increases the backbiting...nothing new. He is not even the highest paid on the team ( I believe it's Lawson). And I dont think one would get that assessment from his USA teammates. On the character issue if MU ever did do a deal for him I think we can all rest on that aspect....he drafted him and assume he knows him well. Below is a link from towards end of last season.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...egit-ship-away

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Wasn't this a rumor last year as well?
            Yes but now it's the real estate agents that are reporting it instead of the NBA reporters. Much more credible.

Comment

Let's trade for Faried so we can get a higher pick in 2016.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                Yes but now it's the real estate agents that are reporting it instead of the NBA reporters. Much more credible.
                I can't wait until NBA.com puts out their annual "best backsplash designs" feature. Always a compelling read....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I can't wait until NBA.com puts out their annual "best backsplash designs" feature. Always a compelling read....
                  Paul George had this year's most impactful backsplash

Comment

I'd totally do the trade...guys Faried DESTROYED on team USA remember? And I have had the privilege of watching him. His hustle is off the charts (like better than amir) and he is a good rebounder. Also has an improving jumpshot (no summer 3s but better midrange) and an improving post game. However, he's not as good of the pick n roll as amir yet (but that could change easily, especially since he's young) and his defense can be better, but like I said he's young and could easily break out as a top 5 pf for us next year. Amir + hayes + 2nd round pick sounds like a deal masai could swing for faried although denver will most likely want a 1st and not a second. But we have the messaiah so anything is possible.

Comment

For me it all depends if Amir is healthy. If AJ is fully healthy than not dice for me.

Faried is only two years younger than Amir. Amir is the better overall defender but Manimal is a better rebounder. Manimal is a better offensive player. His hump shot is more refined and doesn't take two hours to get it off.

Also I don't know if his a good fit. It seems like this team wants JV to be the only post up threat. Last year Manimal had a usage rate of about 22 percent. About the same as JV this year. After having a great FIBA he probably wants to keep get those shots.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Pass on Faried. I hope MU targets someone with more length, if he is going after a big man.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Pass on Faried. I hope MU targets someone with more length, if he is going after a big man.
                          Throw in Mozgov with Faried and we solve that problem too.

Comment

It totally depends on the asking price. I really like DD, KL, JV, TR, PP, and Bruno (I'm a huge Amir fan, but his injuries are hindering him), If somehow we can get him with out moving any of those players I'm all for it. If not I'd rather this team just move expiring contracts and 2nd round draft picks to improve the roster.

I think the glaring concern is the ability to defend the larger front courts, Bulls, Memphis (hopefully not tonight), Charlotte, Clippers etc. I would like to see an upgrade at PF, and have Amir and PP coming in as our bench bigs. I'm not sure Faried is the answer. sa player I like is Terrence Jones but I'm not sure if he meets that criteria either.

Comment

Though very different physiques, and styles at both ends, Faried offers a similar problem as Monroe. All offense, no defense. Faried's energy and athleticism helps him overcome his lack of size on offense, but he gets chewed up a lot in the post on defense. He thrived at FIBA because he wasn't dealing with NBA level PFs most of the time, but his abilities allowed him to cover perimeter bigs.

Comment

We have that kind of player,his name is Amir Johnson,why?!? Go get someone who is proven in the playoffs,David West
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X