The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    More I think about it. The more I think Vaughn is the pick at 20. If especially the trio of Lyles/Portis/Looney are all gone by 20. I think Masai is going to keep filling the end of the bench with high potential kids. At this point of the draft I don't see anyone having more potential than him.
    It's him or RHJ. Both Vaughn and RHJ have multiple elite aspects to their game but aren't total packages. If RHJ develops a reliable jumper, he's a quality NBA starter; if Vaughn becomes a strong defender he's a quality starting combo guard.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      Well...the Raptors have done it again by announcing an additional workout. We've got another batch of unnamed prospects coming to town on Tuesday, June 23, just two days before the big night in Brooklyn.

[B][/ B]
      To me, this all but guarantees that Masai plans to buy one or more late first round picks.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        To me, this all but guarantees that Masai plans to buy one or more late first round picks.
        Or some seconds. Philly doesn't need the entire second round after all.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I really hope so. Listened to the "Hoops" podcast with Eric Smith and Paul Jones and they're all about trading it to add a proven commodity. A part of my soul died.

Comment

• FromDeep wrote: View Post
            I really hope so. Listened to the "Hoops" podcast with Eric Smith and Paul Jones and they're all about trading it to add a proven commodity. A part of my soul died.
            That flies in the face of everything Masai has ever done or said.

He values draft picks.

If Masai trades the pick to add to this flawed team, I'm going to disregard everything he has said over the last 2 years. He'll obviously be full of poop by this point and we will know why he and Colangelo hit it off.

To be clear: I don't expect the pick to be traded.... unless it is 20 for 27/34 or 28/33.... which I would love.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
              Well...the Raptors have done it again by announcing an additional workout. We've got another batch of unnamed prospects coming to town on Tuesday, June 23, just two days before the big night in Brooklyn.

[B][/ B]
              be interesting to see if they bring anyone back that they've already had.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• More picks would be great.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

He values draft picks.

If Masai trades the pick to add to this flawed team, I'm going to disregard everything he has said over the last 2 years. He'll obviously be full of poop by this point and we will know why he and Colangelo hit it off.

To be clear: I don't expect the pick to be traded.... unless it is 20 for 27/34 or 28/33.... which I would love.
                  I really hope it's not traded. Smith and Jones can grind on me - they never disagree on anything and generally seem to be following a vetted script of what opinions they're allowed to have.

Comment

• smith and jones seem like nice guys who don't actually know anything about basketball
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

That or he could want a second look at a few of these guys. Maybe he cant decide between a few of them?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        I love it!

Lol thats awesome.

For me the dream is still Russle, Winslow and Hezonja.

Comment

• Here's a name I haven't heard at all in this thread:

What do you guys think of Daniel Diez?

22 Years old, 6'8 SF from Spain. Very good rebounder, in fact led the ACB in Rebounds. Seems like not a lot of upside, but seems to be ready now. Doesn't score much, but can shoot (12.1 PPG in 29.6 Min with a 48.0 SH% and 41.4% from 3). Plays good on D too....

Sadly, not a lot of video on this guy. No DX vid yet.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            If I was drafting I would take Anthony Brown. He'd be the perfect fit on this team. Use to playing with a volume scorers(Chasson Randle). Just a smart basketball player. His more than just 3D guy too. He has a good not great handle. Able attack close out and not afraid to take to the rim if he has a step. Understand spacing. Great size for the wing 6'7" even though when you watch him he looks closer to 6'8". A great winspan at 6'11.

Very solid defender. Always guarded the other teams best perimeter players (even point guards at times). Good rebounder as well. Lead his team with 6.9 rebounds this year.

Underated passer. Just makes the right play. Great feel for the game.

Pretty disappointed he hasn't been in for a workout

Anthony Brown vs Stanley Johnson 2015 Matchup Vid…: https://youtu.be/MIqRVvPXOpY
                            Why do you have such an undying dedication to this guy??? The reason he's not in for a workout is most likely cause he won't even go drafted. Sure sign him up for summer league and I truly hope he goes off for 40/15/10 every game and gets an NBA spot with us so that he contributes. As much as I wish success for him and all other players I don't see him being any different than Nolan Smith (remember that guy? Tore it up in college and went to final 4 in NCAA if im not mistaken but he can't even crack the NBA). He's just a good player because he's a finished product playing against others that are either not as talented or have more talent but haven't figured it out (I.e. Stanley Johnson).

Comment

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                              Why do you have such an undying dedication to this guy??? The reason he's not in for a workout is most likely cause he won't even go drafted. Sure sign him up for summer league and I truly hope he goes off for 40/15/10 every game and gets an NBA spot with us so that he contributes. As much as I wish success for him and all other players I don't see him being any different than Nolan Smith (remember that guy? Tore it up in college and went to final 4 in NCAA if im not mistaken but he can't even crack the NBA). He's just a good player because he's a finished product playing against others that are either not as talented or have more talent but haven't figured it out (I.e. Stanley Johnson).
                              You obviously don't follow the draft closely cause his projected to be a first round pick
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

He values draft picks.

Right.

Look, we're talking about the 20th overall pick here NOT the 5th overall pick, not a lottery pick, not a top 10 pick.

This is not hockey or baseball or football where you can get an all star caliber player or even a franchise player when you're drafting in that range. This is BASKETBALL, best case scenario for the Raps is they get a ROLE PLAYER at 20. If the Raps can move that pick for a player that can help you win games, you do that in a HEARTBEAT.

People needs to stop overvaluing this pick.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X