The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any good Canuck prospects this year?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I would trade 2 picks to get a gem at PF, or sign Love straight up in the offseason if Cavs dont get it together
      If we remain at the top of the East, Love might pull a Dwight Howard and leave the Cavs to team up with a budding Derozan, JV and Lowry core.
      We would have to give up Amir, Lou, Hayes, Hansbrough, Fields and maybe trade away Vasquez for a PG on a smaller contract, but Love would put us over the top

Comment

I don't want Kevin Love on my team
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
          I would trade 2 picks to get a gem at PF, or sign Love straight up in the offseason if Cavs dont get it together
          If we remain at the top of the East, Love might pull a Dwight Howard and leave the Cavs to team up with a budding Derozan, JV and Lowry core.
          We would have to give up Amir, Lou, Hayes, Hansbrough, Fields and maybe trade away Vasquez for a PG on a smaller contract, but Love would put us over the top
          Ask the Cavs right now & the heat last year how no bench worked out for them ?
          I can't beleive you actually are proposing to trade away our strengh, for a guy who has never seen a playoff game & is already bitching 10 games in that the team doesn't revolve around him like in minny

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            any good Canuck prospects this year?
            Trey Lyles is a freshman at Kentucky. He's projected for being a mid first rounder.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
              Ask the Cavs right now & the heat last year how no bench worked out for them ?
              I can't beleive you actually are proposing to trade away our strengh, for a guy who has never seen a playoff game & is already bitching 10 games in that the team doesn't revolve around him like in minny
              lmao heat had four straight Finals appearances, 2 rings. thats a dynasty.

look at houston with dwight and harden. no depth but they have had really good success this season and they have space to target another next offseason.

yeah our bench is our strength but they are easily replaceable. we picked up lou will for john fucking salmons. amir is a 3rd big on a championship contender and he's fools gold considering how bad his ankles are.

all im saying is we sign kevin love this offseason (if possible), trade up to draft a solid backup SG (or trade for Gary Harris), trade Hansbrough for Meyers Leonard and you have a contender

PG: Lowry, Vasquez
              SG: Derozan, Gary Harrios
              SF: Ross, JJ, Bruno
              PF: Love, Patterson
              C: Big V, Leonard, Bebe

A bench of Vasquez, Harris, JJ, Patterson, Leonard is really competitive.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I don't want Kevin Love on my team
                Can I have 'im then?

Comment

look at houston with dwight and harden. no depth but they have had really good success this season and they have space to target another next offseason.

yeah our bench is our strength but they are easily replaceable. we picked up lou will for john fucking salmons. amir is a 3rd big on a championship contender and he's fools gold considering how bad his ankles are.

all im saying is we sign kevin love this offseason (if possible), trade up to draft a solid backup SG (or trade for Gary Harris), trade Hansbrough for Meyers Leonard and you have a contender

Don't have enough to sign Love, we'd probably have to get rid of DeMar + Vasquez/Patterson if we wanted Love. Which I'd be fine with, as long as DeMar is shipped out for a damn good offer.

Comment

Heat had a dynasty, and won 2 rings, when their bench stepped up, every single game they won someone from the bench would have a big game, when they let go some of the bench to save money, and the rest dissappeared they got whooped. Lebron left because he couldn't carry the team that much. Its taxing, he's 10 games in the season & wants his minutes cut down and less games in a season.

Houston lost in the 1st round in 6 games. they had Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik on the bench, starters on many other teams.

A rookie is not going to be 6th man on a championship team.

You have a frontline of Love, JV, Patterson, Leonard, where does the defense come from ?
                    JV barely gets touches in the post as it is, you bring in Kevin Love who wants more touches in the post, What's the point of having JV on the court ?

in that scenario, you are better off keeping Amir & hayes, and trade JV for some value.

That was the mistake of the last regime, theirs a difference between hording talent with no clear direction & building a team.

Kevin Love is a great player, but he doesn't put us over the top if we have to take 2 steps back to get him, that's 1 year to rebuild the team around him, and another 1 for things to Gel. that's half his contract wasted already.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      Heat had a dynasty, and won 2 rings, when their bench stepped up, every single game they won someone from the bench would have a big game, when they let go some of the bench to save money, and the rest dissappeared they got whooped. Lebron left because he couldn't carry the team that much. Its taxing, he's 10 games in the season & wants his minutes cut down and less games in a season.

Houston lost in the 1st round in 6 games. they had Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik on the bench, starters on many other teams.

A rookie is not going to be 6th man on a championship team.

You have a frontline of Love, JV, Patterson, Leonard, where does the defense come from ?
                      JV barely gets touches in the post as it is, you bring in Kevin Love who wants more touches in the post, What's the point of having JV on the court ?

in that scenario, you are better off keeping Amir & hayes, and trade JV for some value.

That was the mistake of the last regime, theirs a difference between hording talent with no clear direction & building a team.

Kevin Love is a great player, but he doesn't put us over the top if we have to take 2 steps back to get him, that's 1 year to rebuild the team around him, and another 1 for things to Gel. that's half his contract wasted already.
                      Houston is doing good this season even tho they lost Lin, Asik, Parsons and only picked up Ariza. Their starpower has been carrying them pretty well.

You are right about the defense and the rim protection, I give you that.

But on offense, Kevin Love is a game changer. in the first quarter, Cavs dominated because we had no answer for him, he could shoot from anywhere, and could clean a team up inside.

He's a better 3 point shooter than Demar and his floor spacing could make it easy for JV inside.

But its just a pipe dream still

Comment

Houston is doing good this season even tho they lost Lin, Asik, Parsons and only picked up Ariza. Their starpower has been carrying them pretty well.

You are right about the defense and the rim protection, I give you that.

But on offense, Kevin Love is a game changer. in the first quarter, Cavs dominated because we had no answer for him, he could shoot from anywhere, and could clean a team up inside.

He's a better 3 point shooter than Demar and his floor spacing could make it easy for JV inside.

But its just a pipe dream still
                        No argument Love is great, but for him to come in, and elevate the offense, either JV or Demar has to go.
                        I'm arguing the fit, & fitting him without destroying the foundation.

Comment

I thought this thread was to discuss draft prospects?

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I thought this thread was to discuss draft prospects?
                            Agreed. Keep it on track boys.

Comment

There's gonna be like a million posts in this thread but we know Masai is gonna choose some random guy from the Sahara Desert
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

a prospect? how about caboclos roommate in his former team, pinheiros? his name is George Alves de Paula, 6'3'' PG with 7'0'' wingspan, born 1996, great work ethic and focus in games, I'm from Brazil and I've seen him play a lot, he is dominant in the brazilian Under-21 competition at just 18 y/o and was named for the all international team at nike global challenge, averaged 24 ppg at nike global games
                                Last edited by Samuel Isaak; Sat Nov 29, 2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X