No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Branden Dawson from Michigan State will be able to follow the Draymond Green development. Both similar size, frame and style of play in college. Neither were great perimeter shooters (Green was better by a fair bit though) but both scored and rebounded. Both great athletes and smart players. Might be worth a look for our 2nd rounder.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I wonder if Branden Dawson from Michigan State will be able to follow the Draymond Green development. Both similar size, frame and style of play in college. Neither were great perimeter shooters (Green was better by a fair bit though) but both scored and rebounded. Both great athletes and smart players. Might be worth a look for our 2nd rounder.
      Raptor's 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft is going to Atlanta (Lou/Salmon's trade)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Raptor's 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft is going to Atlanta (Lou/Salmon's trade)
        True enough. Summer league invite then
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• WELL....The Trade Deadline has come and gone.

So...

Let spend the next five months finding a gem with our 22 - 30 pick

THING WE NEED (feel free to disagree)

1.) A bruiser, tank, enforcer type

2.) Landry Fields with a shot
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            WELL....The Trade Deadline has come and gone.

So...

THING WE NEED (feel free to disagree)

1.) A bruiser, tank, enforcer type

2.) Landry Fields with a shot
            Bloody well right I'll disagree!

Point Guard - George Lucas

*or*

Power Forward - Christian Wood

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Bloody well right I'll disagree!

Point Guard - George Lucas

*or*

Power Forward - Christian Wood
              are you trying to build team wingspan? I am intrigued by Lucas. Lowry is obviously going to be the face for the next 5 to 6 years, it might be smart to take the long term approach with that third PG spot as well.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Christian Wood appears to playing himself out of reach

Comment

are you trying to build team wingspan? I am intrigued by Lucas. Lowry is obviously going to be the face for the next 5 to 6 years, it might be smart to take the long term approach with that third PG spot as well.
                  I don't think Lowry has 5-6 years left at a high level.

He also has a player option for '17-18 so he could walk away UFA in 2 seasons after this.

He would be 31 and looking for his last big deal if he opted out. I wouldn't want to be paying him big money into his mid 30s with the injuries he has had and the way he has played throughout his career.

And yes, I'm all about the wingspan. Lol

Comment

Christian Wood appears to playing himself out of reach
                    Most likely, sadly.

He is long, can block shots, rebounds.

He is skinny but strength is what matters.

He shoots too much from outside on forced shots and has low percentages but the stroke is there.

I am surprised by his handle to be honest. He could wreak havoc for a lot of NBA 4s.

Comment

• What I would love to see is for us to trade Ross and our pick to move up and target a player that fits our needs and wants.

I would be happy with any of the following guys:

Frank Kaminsky 7' C/F senior Wisconsin. Has shown improved rebounding and shot blocking as a senior, although he is known more for his offensive versatility. I think he would fit well beside Jonas as a solid stretch 4 and also would have great size to play the 5 when needed.

Jerian Grant 6'5" PG senior Notre Dame. I look at him as Alvin Williams 2.0. Big point guard who can defend both back court positions. Grant is a willing passer and good scorer, once Grevis' contract is up he would slide into the 3rd/4th guard spot nicely.

Justice Winsow, 6'7" SF Freshamn Duke. Very solid frame at 225-230 pounds, putting up decent, but not gaudy numbers playing in the very large shadow of Okafor. Not the elite shooter I would like to see for a wing player we need, but he shows promise to be better than average in this area.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

And then Masai will pick someone we never discussed.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I pray Montrezll Harrell drops to us, if not I'm definitely okay with Christian Wood (again if he falls to us) or George Lucas

Comment

• Just looked over the 2016 mock draft. There's 7 PF's in the top 17 picks. And 4 C's. So that's 11/17 that are big men. We can probably hold off on getting a PF this season, draft lucas who should be up there when we draft, and go for a PF the following season

Comment

• Sorry for spamming this thread, I'm on mobile so I can't edit posts. But just watched videos for a couple of the PF's in 2016. Simmons reminds me of Blake Griffin but he'll most likely be unattainable, Ivan Rabb has great potential, can post up and rebound. He reminds me a lot of Aldridge. But he flat out wouldn't fit next to JV. But Sabonis' son is in this draft and he looks like a good fit next to JV (mobile PF, elite rebounder, needs to improve his shot but it's an obvious mechanics thing).

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Sorry for spamming this thread, I'm on mobile so I can't edit posts. But just watched videos for a couple of the PF's in 2016. Simmons reminds me of Blake Griffin but he'll most likely be unattainable, Ivan Rabb has great potential, can post up and rebound. He reminds me a lot of Aldridge. But he flat out wouldn't fit next to JV. But Sabonis' son is in this draft and he looks like a good fit next to JV (mobile PF, elite rebounder, needs to improve his shot but it's an obvious mechanics thing).
                                Yeah he is really good. I've seen mock drafts which have him going in the first round of the 2015 draft, but I think he could use another year in college. He is really good though so I think he would do fine either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X