X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until a couple weeks before the playoffs**

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Not to nitpick but the Rockets were forced into it. With Motiejunas out their only bigs are Dwight, Jones and Smith. They had to play a fourth big so it was Capela or Dorsey.

Also, them having their own d-league team is the reason Capela improved so much. He got nearly no minutes with the Rockets a couple weeks before the playoffs
      Yup. We really need that exclusive D-League team.

Comment

• I watched part of the draft scrimmages today and I was pretty impressed with Lucas on offense. He looked comfortable running an offense. He makes some great passes and had a nice drive-floater going right with his left hand. He seems to see the floor well. didn't really stand out defensively but I didnt watch much of him there.

Comment

• 2015-16 SPEED & AGILITY DRAFT STATS

http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!...CAL_LEAP&dir=1

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Porzingis getting some love on nba.com, suggesting he could really shake up the top of the draft.

Also from that piece, on Wood
            Honestly doesn't surprise me. Okafor seems like he's not really a star to me (Al Jeff all day - very good but not great) but a true big with range will always intrigue. Obviously Raps fans are jaded by Bargs, but a 7fter with deep range is a fantastic skill set to add to a lineup.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I think Justin Anderson is intriguing as a SF candidate. 6'6 with a 6'11 wing span, 231lbs and a good athlete. Shoots 47.9 2FG% and a 45.2 3pt% and a very good defender. He has all the tools.

Plan A is to move up and get Portis
              Plan B is to draft this kid
              Love this kid. Just measured out with 43 inch vertical. Seem very mature. Has made great strides as a shooter. Shows good work ethic. Has been well coached for 3 years. In a defensive first system. Is right now ready to contribute day one.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Anderson hurt his hand last season and when he came back, he could not regain his shooting touch. Landry Fields all over again?
                Was it a nerve injury? Fields' injury is actually nerve damage around his elbow that causes his hand "claw up".

*edit*. I looked it up and he broke his finger. Not the same situation at all.
                Last edited by saints91; Sat May 16, 2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Was it a nerve injury? Fields' injury is actually nerve damage around his elbow that causes his hand "claw up".

*edit*. I looked it up and he broke his finger. Not the same situation at all.
                  Fractured finger

https://youtu.be/pBwEPKnKcPU
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• With Anderson we don't have to worry about him putting on muscle, the kid is NBA ready. From what I can see, he has to continue working on his jump shot and his handles. He has NBA ready defence and athleticism. I don't think he will be an all-star talent (although how can you write off a 21 year old), but he could be that true SF 3 and D player we need to play beside DeMar.

Comment

• Portis to me looks like the perfect PF to play beside JV. He seems to have an old school game that I like. He's extremely versatile, and has all the attributes to play PF in the NBA.

Comment

With Anderson we don't have to worry about him putting on muscle, the kid is NBA ready. From what I can see, he has to continue working on his jump shot and his handles. He has NBA ready defence and athleticism. I don't think he will be an all-star talent (although how can you write off a 21 year old), but he could be that true SF 3 and D player we need to play beside DeMar.
                        Being 21 years old, with 3 years NCAA experience playing on a grinder team at UV, Anderson did not take many shots and did not score very much at all. That's a big concern.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          Being 21 years old, with 3 years NCAA experience playing on a grinder team at UV, Anderson did not take many shots and did not score very much at all. That's a big concern.
                          He was efficient, and improved his shot selection. I think when you are looking at players who stay in college you have to look at how they have improved over that time. You can see the improvement in Anderson, his shot has been adjusted to the point where he is shooting 47% 2PT and 45 3pt%. his defence has improved, and his basketball IQ has improved (shot selection). If put into the right program players like this could be valuable pieces. My comparison would be Tobais Harris.
                          Last edited by saints91; Sat May 16, 2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

He was efficient, and improved his shot selection. I think when you are looking at players who stay in college you have to look at how they have improved over that time. You can see the improvement in Anderson, his shot has been adjusted to the point where he is shooting 47% 2PT and 45 3pt%. his defence has improved, and his basketball IQ has improved (shot selection). If put into the right program players like this could be valuable pieces. My comparison would be Tobais Harris.
                            I know what Anderson has done. I watched ACC basketball lots this year, it was a great year for the conference. Virginia was one of those grinder teams that was painful to watch, contributing to that perception that NCAA basketball needs to be fixed because of defense being dominant and lack of creative imagination on the offensive end.

In the end, Virginia fizzled badly, losing early in the both the ACC and NCAA tournaments while teams that could score, like Duke and Notre Dame thrived. Personally, I like Pat Connaughton as a NBA prospect, more so than Anderson.

Comment

• Officially on the Looney bandwagon. Looks to have really good positioning defensively and i love his upside. Jumper looks really smooth.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                Officially on the Looney bandwagon. Looks to have really good positioning defensively and i love his upside. Jumper looks really smooth.
                                He's also a rebounding machine!
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X