The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    last year Masai tried getting two late picks but it didn't work out. If Masai gets two late picks that would be sweet

Ideal draft scenario's IMO:

1. We move up and get Hezonja.

2. We get a 2nd late 1st rounder and get Delon Wright and Wood.

3. We just draft at 20, and pick either of the 2 guys above.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Delon plays SG too? The only highlights I've seen of his are at the 1. But his D is his strength, but would Casey play 3 PG's?

(Note: Not in a 3 guard line-up, with Wright guarding the SF hopefully)
      I don't think Wright played SG. But Lowry and GV played SG a lot of times. They guard SGs often too. When Demar went down Lowry took over some of his plays. You could theoretically see Wright play pick and roll and kick it out to Lowry or GV for three.
      Casey doesn't have problem with 3 PG line ups. He is not afraid of going small (LOL) Casey also values ball handling so it could happen
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Wood all the way.

Unless we trade down and get a 2nd as well. Then I'd get Lucas and Pangos.
        Pangos will probably go undrafted. We can pick him up after the Draft.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• As much as we want to look at fit, Masai has said in a recent interview that he's going to take the best player available. Fortunately for the raptors it looks like 20th pick is surrounded by guys that will fill voids that we currently need filled.

I still think Masai is going for size, length and defensive ability/potential as the main criteria for "best player available"
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Harrell got measured an inch shorter than TT but, his wingspan 4 inches longer. TT is showing the value of these types of players in the league. Especially in a league that relies so much on 3 point shooting. Players that can get you extra possessions our huge.

Also Harrell should get some credit on how much his improved in his 3 years at Louisville. His more skilled than some of you our given him credit for.

https://youtu.be/oHnAKaNPMJ8

His not super skilled but, your not playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Unless someone drops. I cant see him passing on him. He fills a need. Able to hedge and recover quickly. Good post defender as well. Too strong to move him and his length alters shoots. Plus he brings an edge and toughness that seriously needed in our frontcourt. Our frontcourt got pushed around like a bunch of B******.

Worse case for me on Harell is Amir Johnson. Best case TT with a jumper. That's a steal at 20.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Harrell is a poor man's JJ Hickson
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• like, i don't know how you watch the first round and say "you know what, we need another undersized PF that can't rebound"
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Only way I'd take Wright (And I like Wright, a LOT) is if we trade either Lowry or GV for a SF or PF that can help us out now. Otherwise, I don't see the point in drafting a PG in the 1st round.
                  GV is on the last year of his deal. Lou is a free agent. Lowry is Lowry. Very good chance we need at least 1 new PG for next season, so might as well get someone now for that. Plus he defence is something we desperately need, so he fills that box for perimeter defender.

His size is better than KL or Lou, so safe to expect he would have some SG defending capabilities. Plus KL can play off ball.

A lot of the PF names getting thrown around scare me cause a lot seem like PPatt or Hans at best options. We don't have a huge need for a 3rd (4th) big and at 20 going to really have to hit it big to find a starter worthy player.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Harrell is a poor man's JJ Hickson
                    That's a fair comparison. More accurate than Faried.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm pumped that the Raptors might actually pick Harrell.

Comment

• wow not sure who mentioned him first here...but after looking into Christian Wood a bit more...im really liking him. he's is the modern day PF....long, huge wingspan, runs like a PG, athletic as hell, 3pt range and still raw enough that he has a high ceiling...this kid has Masai type written allll over him...

Comment

• Christian Wood is giving me serious Austin Daye vibes. Thinks he's a wing player, selfish, soft. Current Raps team is not exactly the best place for his development.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                            wow not sure who mentioned him first here...but after looking into Christian Wood a bit more...im really liking him. he's is the modern day PF....long, huge wingspan, runs like a PG, athletic as hell, 3pt range and still raw enough that he has a high ceiling...this kid has Masai type written allll over him...
                            true but do you see Casey ever playing him?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Do we not have a 2nd round pick this year?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                true but do you see Casey ever playing him?
                                I don't see Casey playing any rookie we draft regardless (what a brutal coach) but still "he's considered the biggest boom or bust prospect in this years draft...some scouts consider him a steal in the 20's and have given him lottery potential"

he's literally gonna be Austin Daye or Giannis Antetokounmpo. Imagine if he & Bruno work out and we have that length and athleticism at SF/PF....damn

Comment

Working...
                                X