No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a tradeable pick if ever there was one. GV was traded for a 2015 second rounder

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Thats a tradeable pick if ever there was one. GV was traded for a 2015 second rounder
      So a late first doesn't count as much as the 46th pick? Even at 25th overall, that's great for the last year of GV's deal.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        So a late first doesn't count as much as the 46th pick? Even at 25th overall, that's great for the last year of GV's deal.
        CP will be two years older and Clippers may rebuild in 2017. This pick might never be sent until 2019

Comment

CP will be two years older and Clippers may rebuild in 2017. This pick might never be sent until 2019
          Which is fine. Still a first rounder for GV. Having it come in a few years is fine. We have multiple young projects on the go now as it is.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Which is fine. Still a first rounder for GV. Having it come in a few years is fine. We have multiple young projects on the go now as it is.
            This just continues the trend of players being worthless around the league after being in the Raptors system.

Comment

This just continues the trend of players being worthless around the league after being in the Raptors system.
              While I can't overly argue with that premise, at no point in his career was GV ever really worth a first rounder in a trade.

Comment

While I can't overly argue with that premise, at no point in his career was GV ever really worth a first rounder in a trade.
                Pablo Prigioni fetched more and he's fifty

Comment

Pablo Prigioni fetched more and he's fifty
                  Prigioni fetched two seconds and Alexey Shved. That's not more than a first round pick, a second round pick and cap relief.

Comment

I would disagree some (while agreeing the Raptors had a crap system of play last season) based on his trade returns on previous stops. This is probably the best return achieved (incl. cap relief)...comparing his Memphis to N. Orleans, N.O. to Sac and Sac to Toronto trade returns.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Prigioni fetched two seconds and Alexey Shved. That's not more than a first round pick, a second round pick and cap relief.
                      But Pablo isn't even playing anymore while GV is

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I would disagree some (while agreeing the Raptors had a crap system of play last season) based on his trade returns on previous stops. This is probably the best return achieved (incl. cap relief)...comparing his Memphis to N. Orleans, N.O. to Sac and Sac to Toronto trade returns.
                        The first time he got traded returned tyreke Evans to the pelicans. That's pretty good value, even better than a first. Reke was a former Roy that averaged 20-5-5.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Dont forget that as part of the gv trade the raps got cap space to move in a number of directions. Idk how you could call this a bad deal. Also i dont see the clips doing a rebuild in the next few years. not sure why you would want to rebuild with paul and griffin on your roster. Those are the players you rebuild for. Also i dont see doc or ballmer wanting to rebuild.

Comment

But Pablo isn't even playing anymore while GV is
                            Houston got cap space. Milwaukee has to play GV for one whole season or they wasted $6.5M.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Dont forget that as part of the gv trade the raps got cap space to move in a number of directions. Idk how you could call this a bad deal. Also i dont see the clips doing a rebuild in the next few years. not sure why you would want to rebuild with paul and griffin on your roster. Those are the players you rebuild for. Also i dont see doc or ballmer wanting to rebuild.
                              Don't think it's a bad deal but that because GV was complete garbage. If he played anywhere close to a pass-first PnR PG with size and an OK shot that wasnt used to guard the oppositions best guard he isn't traded for a mid-second and a late first in 2017 at the earliest

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Houston got cap space. Milwaukee has to play GV for one whole season or they wasted $6.5M.
                                Pretty sure they wasted $6.5M even if he plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X