• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't that just be so fitting
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      This league also needs defenders. People go on about GSW and their shooting, but you can't overlook the fact that they had 2 All-NBA defenders this year (and Iggy last year). 3 elite defenders in their rotation but even guys like Barnes, Klay, Livingston and even Curry are solid defenders.

Our team desperately needs defenders, probably more so than shooters. Even though it's ugly and inefficient, we can score the ball. Defence should be top skill set priority.
      I agree that defenders are needed, but perhaps gs isnt the best example because all their players are two way players.

Im undecided on rhj, cause without a jumper i dont see him being more than a role player.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I agree that defenders are needed, but perhaps gs isnt the best example because all their players are two way players.

Im undecided on rhj, cause without a jumper i dont see him being more than a role player.
        We are picking at number 20

If we get a good role player with his skill set (defense) then I would be ecstatic. If he develops a jumpshot then we are talking about a Jimmy Butler level player

Comment

• I feel that RHJ had the best combination of being NBA ready and upside. He can defend positions 1-4 and also rebounds well, so with those skills would be able to contribute immediately in some manner. Also at the same time his character and drive gives no reason to believe that he won't be able to improve his jumper, and if he does we could be talking about the steal of this draft (keep in mind Jimmy Butler was a similar type of player going into his draft). That's my personal take on him, and I for one would be ecstatic if we picked him at 20.

Comment

Most guys picked in the late first round don't pan out. Masai is a good GM, but he can't be expected to get the next star player at 20.

Comment

• RHJ OR RASHAD VAUGHN? if looney is gone.

whats the RR consensus
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                RHJ OR RASHAD VAUGHN? if looney is gone.

whats the RR consensus
                Justin Anderson

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Justin Anderson
                  i don't mind anderson as the pick. i have been mkg, grant and this year rhj for the past three years.

rhj
                  harrell
                  anderson
                  wright

are the four i am hoping for

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...iew&highlight=

At 20, since 1980, highest scorer was 17 PPG (Larry Nance), rebounder 7.3 (Ilgauskas) and assists 5.2 (Jameer Nelson).

Only 6 players averaged double digits career scoring while 8 averaged less than 5 PPG.

Temper expectations for the 20th pick.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Was just reading the NBA Draft 100 on BleacherReport, and today's article was ranking 2015's PF's.
                      At number 4 they had a guy named Richaun Holmes, ahead of guys like Harrel, Looney, Lyles, And Martin.
                      I for one have never heard of this guy and I don't think he's been mentioned in this thread either.
                      Maybe MU buys a second rounder and drafts him for the D League team?
                      Here's the article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-class/page/19

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                        Was just reading the NBA Draft 100 on BleacherReport, and today's article was ranking 2015's PF's.
                        At number 4 they had a guy named Richaun Holmes, ahead of guys like Harrel, Looney, Lyles, And Martin.
                        I for one have never heard of this guy and I don't think he's been mentioned in this thread either.
                        Maybe MU buys a second rounder and drafts him for the D League team?
                        Here's the article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-class/page/19
                        I've mentioned him.

He hasn't been in for a workout though.

Maybe the 23rd?

Comment

• DraftXPress has Sam Dekker falling to the Raps. How do people feel about that?

I liked Dekker in March madness and all, but I'm not all that keen on him as an nba player. Of course, I'm not often right about these things so my opinion doesn't hold much weight.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            DraftXPress has Sam Dekker falling to the Raps. How do people feel about that?

I liked Dekker in March madness and all, but I'm not all that keen on him as an nba player. Of course, I'm not often right about these things so my opinion doesn't hold much weight.
                            I was just coming here to post Draftexpress' lated mock with Dekker falling to us. Dekker just turned 21 and has 3 years of college experience at a great program! He brings great size for thr 3 spot, and although not a deadly shooter, he can get hot and teams have to guard him out to the 3 point line. Defensively he would be a work in progress, but he has the size and body that can guard both forward spots. He continued to grow into his sophomore season at Wisconsin, so although he was a top 25 prospect coming out of high school, he is a bit of a late bloomer catching up to his full size. I would be very happy if he actually fell to us.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              I was just coming here to post Draftexpress' lated mock with Dekker falling to us. Dekker just turned 21 and has 3 years of college experience at a great program! He brings great size for thr 3 spot, and although not a deadly shooter, he can get hot and teams have to guard him out to the 3 point line. Defensively he would be a work in progress, but he has the size and body that can guard both forward spots. He continued to grow into his sophomore season at Wisconsin, so although he was a top 25 prospect coming out of high school, he is a bit of a late bloomer catching up to his full size. I would be very happy if he actually fell to us.
                              Wow,that's kind of crazy. Dekker's deceptively athletic as well. He's mad streaky though. I wonder why he's dropping. Is it because of bad workouts?

Comment

• Dekker at 20 would be a good pick. See a very Chandler Parsons career for him

Comment

Working...
                                X