No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we look at he roster for next year there are some questions. Amir, Williams, Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough, and Stiemsma all come off the books, I say we will go hard after Amir and may want to keep Williams (he had been good so far). Thsa leaves us with 4 roster spots to fill, a rookie or two and some vet signings seems about right.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      If we look at he roster for next year there are some questions. Amir, Williams, Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough, and Stiemsma all come off the books, I say we will go hard after Amir and may want to keep Williams (he had been good so far). Thsa leaves us with 4 roster spots to fill, a rookie or two and some vet signings seems about right.
      Amir, if the price is right, you want L Williams as your scoring 6th man, the team requires 10-15 points off the bench, to be the glue that closes the deal. L Williams is the man, young enough, and if the knees hold up, he has not played that many years to be worn out.

The rest go bye bye, unless Chucky wants to play for league minimum. Than draft a point guard, or Winslow from Duke, he is going to be an incredible beast at the 3. He has the scorer mentality with the body of JJ. Needs a barber.
      Seen him on Video and his personality is gregarious. Hopefully he stays a 2nd year, so that NYC/Denver pick comes into play.

Comment

I can see us going with an older NCAA player like a Kaminsky from Wisconsin, a stretch 5 with 4 years experience or Marcus Paige, and 6'2" junior PG from UNC. Right now it is looking like our pick will be in the late 20's, we will really need to find the right fit rather than drafting on potential.

I am counting on NYK and Denver to suck this year and next to get us a solid bonus pick.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Guy I thought was a target last year before he went back for another year is Sam Dekker on Wisconsin. Looks like a prototypical 3&D winger. Would be great value if we can get him with our pick.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Pick the best defensive player available.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

deal our pick for tyler ennis

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                deal our pick for tyler ennis
                Why? So he can be our 4th PG instead of Phoenix's?
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Who are the top PF's and SF's in this draft???
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think we'll either trade the first rounder or get a draft and stash.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Its look like the Raptyors will be picking very late. They should dump the pick at the trade deadline with our expiring contracts maybe for Garnett.

Comment

Option 1: Trade

A lot of lottery teams already invested a lot in the point guard position or recently used a lottery pick on a PG. Emmanuel mundiay might be obtainable by trade or the player he's gonna replace. Only Lakers & Knicks have clear need at PG.
                        If philly stays in the top 3, someone out of Noel, Embiid, Saric, Okafor, Towns jr has to be available for that knicks draft pick.

Option 2:
                        Andrew Harrison.
                        The rumors about the bad atitude, is the only reason we might be able to get someone of his youth, size & talent this late in the draft. The chemistry of this team is so strong, we might be the best team to straight him out, Lowry, Jonhson got straighted out, Hansborough left the pacers because he wanted to start, he's on the bench here and he's not complaining.
                        And he doesn't have the media hype to be a distraction as a rookie.

Option 3:
                        Trade away the pick for a future pick
                        Lots of expiring, and an improving reputation for free agency, might be best to stabilize the roster and look at the draft again in 2016 with 3 draft picks that can be combined to move up.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Why? So he can be our 4th PG instead of Phoenix's?
                          This would actually be a great idea - the one position we are kind of old at is PG - having a prospect in the pipeline, even if they sit like Bruno, is valuable.

PHX wouldn't do it though, I don't think.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Rather have another Sf at the moment . Lou can play for 6 minutes a game at PG

Bigger question what do you pay sweet Lou next year.

12-15 ppg from 20 minutes off the bench, Toronto 's Vinny Johnson!

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

At the moment is not my concern. The trick to sustained success is to have young players coming up as older guys drop off - and if Vasquez has to be let go in 2016 to use cap room, we definitely want a young backup point there.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Why do you need another SF when you have:

1) Casey's penchant for running 2 PG lineups,
                                2) DD
                                3) Ross
                                4) JJ
                                5) (and most importantly) BRUNO CABACLO under development
                                6) capable NBA swingmen looking for work a dime a dozen (see: Hamilton, Jordan)

PG or bigs.

I have a feeling Hansbrough's locker is going to be vacated next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X