• Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Nope.

Denver gets better pick.

Raps get worse.

Straight up.
    Nice. With the dysfunctional Knicks and whatever the hell happened to Denver, I like what I'm seeing. Fingers crossed neither figure it out.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      Isn't it Denver gets to choose to swap?

So technically Masai could blackmail them into giving us the better one?
      Denver gets the better of the two. Ujiri could, in theory, complete a trade with Denver that would include a switch of who gets the better pick, but I can't see Denver doing that.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

So, you think Masai has pictures of Josh Kroenke?

Comment

Cliff Alexander and Bobby Portis are two players that I'll be watching all season. I'm not sure if they will be in our range, but they definitely fit a need on this team. One is a 6'10 PF with a 7'1" wingspan and the other is a 6'9, 254lbs bruiser with a 7'2" wingspan. Both have high motors but need some work. It's a long season and perhaps there will be another PF, that shows up in our range.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            We couldn't actually do that. Toronto would need to keep at least one of those three picks, as you can't go two consecutive future years without a first round selection.

Could trade any two of them, but not all three.

I agree with mcHAPPY though, if a 2016 pick is included I hope that it is the lesser of the two. The Denver/NY pick could be a really solid selection based on both team's current trajectories.
            We could do it on draft night, because the trade would become official on july 1st, so on paper it would look like we picked the player and traded him, leaving us free to trade both 2016 picks.

That's why on paper Dirk & Kobe look like they were traded, when they actually never were, the pick was traded beforehand and the other team had to call the pick for them.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
              We could do it on draft night, because the trade would become official on july 1st, so on paper it would look like we picked the player and traded him, leaving us free to trade both 2016 picks.

That's why on paper Dirk & Kobe look like they were traded, when they actually never were, the pick was traded beforehand and the other team had to call the pick for them.
              Very true. It is a draft night possibility, as we would just need to make the 2015 pick first.

I just wonder what players would be available that I would be willing to give up three picks for.

Comment

Very true. It is a draft night possibility, as we would just need to make the 2015 pick first.

I just wonder what players would be available that I would be willing to give up three picks for.
                Kevin Durant?

Comment

Kevon Looney. 25TH in rebounding. This frontline needs help.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I read somewhere that Ujiri and Weltman were both at the Duke vs. Stanford game last night.

His team is in Cleveland looking to get the best record in the NBA, and he wasn't taking a night off from scouting.

Love it!
                    According to Draftexpress top 100 only:
                    1:Jahlil Okafor
                    7:Justice Winslow
                    13: Tyus Jones

are prospects to get drafted, is masaï aiming to package picks to move into the lottery, or is there some walk-on tryout sitting on the bench that no one knows about, they are going to steal.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Kevin Durant?
                      Players who would be available. I can't envision Durant being available by trade.

Anyways, I think we are at risk of sidetracking a draft conversation with needless (here) trade talk. Let's talk prospects.

Comment

I said this last year before the Bruno pick. We'll have 3000 posts in this thread, and discuss every player, but the Raps will draft someone we have barely talked about or someone we have never heard of (I'm very happy with the Bruno pick). It's just the way things have gone down. Jonas (I know he was in discussions but not as much as Kemba, Knight and Byombo), Ross, and Bruno, who will be next. I'll still be happy to review possible players, but I know draft night is going to unpredictable.

Comment

I bet Masai knows where the bodies are buried in Denver.

So yeah, you might be on to something here.

Comment

Right now Masai just seems to be so far ahead of where other GMs are. Kind of blazing his own trail. It's fun to be the team GMs will be looking to copy instead of being the ones doing the copying. (Weird sentence but I think you know what I mean)

As much as I enjoy the product on the court, studying Masai's moves and trying to figure out his thought process is just as interesting. Good times in Raptors land
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

He also seems to know where the bodies are buried on NY and Atlanta too.

Hayes for Horford, and Atlanta includes a second rounder.

But perhaps Masai already have up the Hawks' evidence for the Salmons trade.

Comment

Don't know much about the draft class for this year, but I say take the highest upside guy because realistically, if we're picking in the 20+ range (hopefully the 25+ range?), you're not gonna get a "right now" guy.

So I wouldn't take a guy just because he can rebound and our front line has had problems, for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X