The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    That the Mavs were probably going to take him at 21 is at least some evidence that he was the 'BPA'.
    I don't think that is any evidence of that unless we are trying to sell ourselves that idea. Mans were picking up for need as well ... look at their PG mess

Comment

• I have no problem with BPA combined with need

you create your Tiers of BPA with 3 to 5 guys or whatever but then you draft need within that Tier.

If a Tier 2 guy falls you take him but otherwise you take the best fit within Tier 3
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        I don't think that is any evidence of that unless we are trying to sell ourselves that idea. Mans were picking up for need as well ... look at their PG mess
        He's the best defensive PG in the draft, a terrific passer, and has a decent offensive game that improved a lot his senior year. You can't say he wasn't the BPA, he's right in there with everyone else that was available.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          The system is crap, but that doesn't mean you don't trade a crappy defender, and an expensive back-up (possibly 3rd string) for a future first rounder and a 2nd.

GREIVIS TRASHQUEZ WAS DEALT FOR A FUTURE FIRST - THAT IS A WIN BY ALL ACCOUNTS
          And it wasn't just GV - it was a one year GV rental to a team that already has J. Bayless at backup PG. Is David Kahn behind the scenes in Milwaukee?

A first, a second, and cap space is the maximum possible return for a one year GV rental.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            i like Wright way more than Grant so i'm happy he did
            I like Wright way more than Grant as well. So glad the draft shaked out how it did.
            Last edited by BreakingBradStevens; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• 1 thing I wanted to ask. Any ideas why Tokoto fell to 58 and would the sixers be willing to deal him?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                1 thing I wanted to ask. Any ideas why Tokoto fell to 58 and would the sixers be willing to deal him?
                actually, other than Dakari he was the other guy i was hoping they'd take

more or less the same kind of player as Powell though
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• anyways, remember when Charlotte turned down a bucketload of picks AND skipped over Winslow to take Kaminsky? good times.

if i'm MU i call up Cho/Jordan and see if i can get Zeller/MKG for DD and the clips pick. they clearly have no idea what they're doing.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, remember when Charlotte turned down a bucketload of picks AND skipped over Winslow to take Kaminsky? good times.

if i'm MU i call up Cho/Jordan and see if i can get Zeller/MKG for DD and the clips pick. they clearly have no idea what they're doing.
                    They still have Zeller and MKG? I've lost track after all their moves last night.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      And it wasn't just GV - it was a one year GV rental to a team that already has J. Bayless at backup PG. Is David Kahn behind the scenes in Milwaukee?

A first, a second, and cap space is the maximum possible return for a one year GV rental.
                      They also have Ennis, so GV is their 4th PG. MCW, Bayless, Ennis, GV.

Comment

anyways, remember when Charlotte turned down a bucketload of picks AND skipped over Winslow to take Kaminsky? good times.

Seriously, what are they doing?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          Seriously, what are they doing?
                          They think Kaminsky is the next coming of Dirk.

He's pretty funny in those JC Penny ads, he has Blake Griffin levels of comic delivery. Not the forced not funny at all delivery of Lebron.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            They think Kaminsky is the next coming of Dirk.

He's pretty funny in those JC Penny ads, he has Blake Griffin levels of comic delivery. Not the forced not funny at all delivery of Lebron.
                            Blake is on another level.

I can't wait until he hosts SNL someday.

Comment

• Since we are talking of the Bobcats,

Comment

• I guess I'm in minority, but I like the Bobcats pick.

Winslow isn't such a safe pick, his shooting form is inconsistent, he keeps changing how he shoots. Nobody cared too much about his shooting in college, but somehow he made shots. It reminds me of how Ricky Rubio was making 3s in his first season in the NBA.

I think Winslow's shooting is fluky, and it will take years for him to be a good shooter, if he ever gets there. He could easily be the next MKG, and Charlotte already has one of those, and they don't seem to be very good at developing him.

I think it's for the best for both the Bobcats and Winslow that they didn't take him. He will have better odds to develop elsewhere, although I don't love Miami as a fit right now either. I don't know how many minutes he's going to get on a team that really needs more shooting and that's trying to win now. I think Indiana would've been perfect for Winslow.

He's a hard working guy, so hopefully he develops into a star player. But MKG is a hard working player too, and he didn't become what people expected, at least so far.

Kaminsky seems a much safer pick to me, and I don't think that he's a bust. I think his floor will be Donatas Motiejunas type, a strong rotation player who can shoot, punish smaller guys in the post, move the ball, execute team defensive scheme. But he could be much more. He's a smart, very skilled, tall, mobile and pretty tough guy.

Also, Kaminsky comes from a school that does almost no weight training and doesn't control students' diet like bigger schools do. His body strength and even athleticism should improve quite a bit in a few years. Similar to what happened with Motiejunas, it took the Rockets a few years to develop his body. That physical improvement should be even more noticeable with Kaminsky.

I think Kaminsky will probably look like a worse pick than Winslow in year one because he'll be adjusting physically, but I wouldn't be surprised if by year 3 he's considered the better player of the two.
                                Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X