The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I didn't say pick the guy with the most upside. Upside is more to do with potential which is often never reached.

I said pick the guy who you think is going to have the best career.

Maybe semantics but there is a difference in my opinion.
    Most these guys in the back end of the draft are all 'upside'. This is why I'm saying pick the guy who's NBA ready or almost NBA ready because chances are that's one of the only guys who's ever going to be able to truly contribute when talking about the back end of the draft.

Comment

• i like players with an elite skill or seniors when i think about late # picks

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Most these guys in the back end of the draft are all 'upside'. This is why I'm saying pick the guy who's NBA ready or almost NBA ready because chances are that's one of the only guys who's ever going to be able to truly contribute when talking about the back end of the draft.
        That's why I like RHJ. Worst case he is a rich mans KJ McDaniels, best case he is Kawhi Leonard. Either way he's a useful rotation player.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          That's why I like RHJ. Worst case he is a rich mans KJ McDaniels, best case he is Kawhi Leonard. Either way he's a useful rotation player.
          My opinion, that's a sound strategy.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            i like players with an elite skill or seniors when i think about late # picks
            If it's elite defense then I'm highly interested. If defense is a gapping hole then get that player away from me. One thing I've seen proven almost time and time again is that if the player is a horrible defender when entering the league then chances are he's always going to be a liability and in the playoffs when shots stop falling can lead to an early exit. You want guys who can stop somebody.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Workout Today:
              Dakari Johnson
              Stefan Mastic
              Richaun Holmes

looks like the raps are interested in getting a 2nd round pick tbh. I feel like Masai is a member of this forum

Comment

Porzingis is apparently 7'1.25" without shoes with a 7'6" wingspan according to chad ford who states according to impactbasketball

Longest wingspan in draft!

Axel....he just missed being your guy!
                We haven't missed on him yet!! Masai, work those lines!!
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• hmmm i like Holmes. fits what we need at PF. plus he's really young. interesting.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Imagine if Masai traded DeRozan for #7 and it was a white European stretch 4 who was selected.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again, looking at who was picked at 20, and only at pick 20, is just silly. Look at who was picked 20-30, the range of guys we'll realistically select from, and you'll find lots of amazing players. I saw this analysis used to show how crappy the #2 pick is, it's just dumb.
                      First, comparing a detailed pick by pick summary showing reasonable expectations to the moronic musings of draft busts at certain draft slots isn't exactly on point (and a bit insulting to be honest). That poster was entering troll status with their "insight" while mine demonstrates the decline of reasonable production as the draft slot is lower based on historical production.

The specific post was to show that landing a role player at 20 is still a good thing, and to expect more than that at 20 is unreasonable given the history of the draft.

But if we take your point that the 20-30 range should be considered, all that happens is that the averages numbers drop, further demonstrating my point. At 20, best case scenario is, realistically, a role player. The scoring average drops from 7.2 at 20 to 6.25 for the 20-30 range.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I like Holmes!

Mentioned him a couple of times recently.

Dakari Johnson has become a porker and lost all athletic ability in the last year it seems.

Nastic? Practice body.

My total speculation is it seems like they want to see how Holmes does against bigger bodies.
                        Don't know if you saw this SI piece on Holmes from a couple weeks ago.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/10/nba...-bowling-green

Comment

2:20 Lowry knows the plan
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I wish Masai would pull a Demar for #7 and Gary Harris trade

Comment

Don't know if you saw this SI piece on Holmes from a couple weeks ago.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/10/nba...-bowling-green
                              I hadn't read it.

Thanks.

After reading it all I can think is, "How the hell do you talk trash bowling?"

Comment

• And to think Porzingis was touted in the 24 range last year before he pulled out.

Comment

Working...
                                X