The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Nah he's not explosive enough and he's pretty old. Projected more as a role player.
    Well, you're not going to find stars this deep in any draft without serious luck, and a special scouting staff. But he's solid, which is more than I can say for any of the high risk/high potential guys people are looking at.

I guess if they had a DLeague team on lock go high risk, but, how many guys can a team with KL and DD have that don't help immediately/very near future?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Well, you're not going to find stars this deep in any draft without serious luck, and a special scouting staff. But he's solid, which is more than I can say for any of the high risk/high potential guys people are looking at.

I guess if they had a DLeague team on lock go high risk, but, how many guys can a team with KL and DD have that don't help immediately/very near future?
      If you can get him in the second round why not draft a risk/reward at 20 then aquire a 2nd if you are high on this guy?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        If you can get him in the second round why not draft a risk/reward at 20 then aquire a 2nd if you are high on this guy?
        If you can buy a 2nd rounder, sure. But, what are 2nd rounders going to go for? Sixers will pretty much control the market on 2nd rounders. If they want, they could drive the price way up. Personally, if the choice is pay more than 2 years for your 1st round pick, there's no point buying a 2nd rounder.

As far as high risk/reward, if they have a d-League team on lockdown, you would think that would be the way to go. I'm just not confident getting a team is going to be as easy as Masai portends. So, if last year they reached for a high risk/reward guy, why can't they reach for a solid role player this year?

I'm definitely making some huge assumptions, like they're not blowing up a team during the year that they're hosting All-Stars. If Masai decides to blow things up, then he should definitely go high risk.

Comment

How much longer do you think Lowry can play the way he has? Maybe 2-3 years before there is a drop off? One of Winslow/WCS/Porzingas/Hezonja could be a star for a decade. I think that if the team wants to make a run in the playoffs to say the eastern conference finals, they need better "star" players. Yes, its best case scenario to say that an unproven draft pick will become a star but i dont think that the raps will get a star in free agency anytime soon so its worth the risk of Lowry. Role players are much easier to find than star players are.
          I don't disagree, but you don't gamble on the 6th pick by giving up a very good and known commodity. Which is why if Lowry is moved, you better get a solid haul of assets.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            If you can buy a 2nd rounder, sure. But, what are 2nd rounders going to go for? Sixers will pretty much control the market on 2nd rounders. If they want, they could drive the price way up. Personally, if the choice is pay more than 2 years for your 1st round pick, there's no point buying a 2nd rounder.

As far as high risk/reward, if they have a d-League team on lockdown, you would think that would be the way to go. I'm just not confident getting a team is going to be as easy as Masai portends. So, if last year they reached for a high risk/reward guy, why can't they reach for a solid role player this year?

I'm definitely making some huge assumptions, like they're not blowing up a team during the year that they're hosting All-Stars. If Masai decides to blow things up, then he should definitely go high risk.
            All ur points make sense. I just dont see the point in reaching for a backup when you can sign one for pretty cheap in the off season.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              I don't disagree, but you don't gamble on the 6th pick by giving up a very good and known commodity. Which is why if Lowry is moved, you better get a solid haul of assets.
              The common proposal involves collison the pick and maybe stauskus. Is there a trade that is better than that and reasonable?

Comment

The common proposal involves collison the pick and maybe stauskus. Is there a trade that is better than that and reasonable?
                I don't think that trade solves anything for the raptors. Colison is a below average point guard to me, Stauskus didn't shoot well last year and can't play a lick of D. So basically we're not getting anything we need from those 2 guys and banking the #6 pick working out.

If you are going to trade Lowry, the assets coming back would ideally fit into what you're doing in the future. I don't think Colison and Stauskus do that.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

If Winslow is still around at 6 I do that deal. In fact I'd bite your hand off for that deal.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    If Winslow is still around at 6 I do that deal. In fact I'd bite your hand off for that deal.
                    I think i may bite my own hand off for that deal.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      True that sobered me up. Every player projected in the 20's will have glaring weaknesses. RHJ looks amazing when he's dunking on everyone. Then you watch him fling up shots that end up all over the place and it's so bad it makes you cringe.
                      One thing about RHJ, he came out this year in part because he felt his shot form was being affected by the level of defensive attention he was drawing. He was often "flicking" instead of his normal shooting form due to increase defensive attention. He felt that in the NBA, he wouldn't be getting that same level of attention from teams.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• As I look at it more I think we should be drafting for potential. I think a freshman (or under 20) that has some polish and has great physical attributes is the way to go. Looney, Lyles, or Woods would be a good way to go with our pick. Tyus Jones also seems like an interesting prospect minus his lack of athleticism.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          As I look at it more I think we should be drafting for potential. I think a freshman (or under 20) that has some polish and has great physical attributes is the way to go. Looney, Lyles, or Woods would be a good way to go with our pick. Tyus Jones also seems like an interesting prospect minus his lack of athleticism.
                          Of those 3 PFs, Looney is the most RAW I believe.

Comment

• Has anybody watched Jordan Mickey play? Apparently he's doing really well in Combine games.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Danilo Fuzaro

http://www.nbadraft.net/danilo-fuzaro-interview

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/danilo-fuzaro
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                One thing about RHJ, he came out this year in part because he felt his shot form was being affected by the level of defensive attention he was drawing. He was often "flicking" instead of his normal shooting form due to increase defensive attention. He felt that in the NBA, he wouldn't be getting that same level of attention from teams.
                                He's right. Teams will be playing the Rondo/Tony Allen/MKG defense on him. He'll have all the open shots he could ever want.

Looney, Lyles, and Woods are all pretty intriguing players. Tyus Jones seems like he'd likely be a steady player but not spectacular.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X