X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    https://youtu.be/tdsmGl5-huo

RHJ say he interviewed wit Toronto
    Good! They actually interviewed someone! Too bad about his jump shot. Right now he's a poor man's James Johnson. But, if he fixes that shot, who knows. That jumper makes me think he's a year away though.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He might just be 6'8 but his longer than most PF in this draft. A lot of great rebounders are undersized. Rodman, Reggie Evans, Trisan Thompson and Faried. Just to name a few.

My Big Board

1.Grant
      2.Harrell
      3.RHJ
      stooley wrote: View Post
      I don't know a whole lot about him, so I'm not saying he's great or anything.

He doesn't really sound that undersized to me though. He's got a 9'1 standing reach which is what really matters, more so than head height.

He could potentially be a Faried with a better ability to defend.
      MACK11 wrote: View Post
      He may be short but his 7'4" wingspan makes his standing reach normal amongst PF's
      MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      his standing reach is decent as well. You don't block shots with your head anyway
      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Best comparison for Harrell is Tristan Thompson. He already has a better jumper than TT.

I would wager that all of you forgot or missed the Michigan State game in March Madness, where Harrell (despite his wingspan) was out-rebounded, out-hustled and generally out-played by 6'6 Branden Dawson. Dawson is a great athlete, but if a 6'6 guy is consistently beating you (in an elimination game), and you're calling card is rebounding and hustle; then that is a bad omen as you enter the NBA.

Harrell isn't that good. He isn't Faried, ignore the comp and look at the player. His Rebound % isn't that good (14.5% lat year - down from his previous year) for a big guy coming out of college. His fundamentals are poor and low skill level. Better off keeping Hansbrough (who can at least hit FTs - Harrell is 53% career at Louisville).

Honestly, think Dawson will be better, and he's not even expected to get drafted. Dawson is more athletic and dynamic. Will be a solid defender in the Draymond Green mold of versatility (both learned from Tom Izzo).
      Last edited by Axel; Thu May 21, 2015, 08:15 AM.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        No, no, no and no.

I'll pay you a million dollars of an example where a top 5 pick was traded for a 5th option and a terrible back up PG.
        It's no more ridiculous than guys on here talking about trading Lowry AND JV for the #4 pick. Or Lowry AND DEMar for the #4 pick.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I would wager that all of you forgot or missed the Michigan State game in March Madness, where Harrell (despite his wingspan) was out-rebounded, out-hustled and generally out-played by 6'6 Branden Dawson. Dawson is a great athlete, but if a 6'6 guy is consistently beating you (in an elimination game), and you're calling card is rebounding and hustle; then that is a bad omen as you enter the NBA.

Harrell isn't that good. He isn't Faried, ignore the comp and look at the player. His Rebound % isn't that good (14.5% lat year - down from his previous year) for a big guy coming out of college. His fundamentals are poor and low skill level. Better off keeping Hansbrough (who can at least hit FTs - Harrell is 53% career at Louisville).

Honestly, think Dawson will be better, and he's not even expected to get drafted. Dawson is more athletic and dynamic. Will be a solid defender in the Draymond Green mold of versatility (both learned from Tom Izzo).
          Yeah I was not in to Harrell then starting looking at him more in last couple of days due to posters interest but you are absolutely right in above.

Raptors have enough role players and guys who should be end of rotation. Gotta add the biggest upside players at 20. I like Looney but Wood is a guy I mentioned months ago and he is only growing more and more intriguing.

Comment

• Wood all the way.

Unless we trade down and get a 2nd as well. Then I'd get Lucas and Pangos.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Yeah I was not in to Harrell then starting looking at him more in last couple of days due to posters interest but you are absolutely right in above.

Raptors have enough role players and guys who should be end of rotation. Gotta add the biggest upside players at 20. I like Looney but Wood is a guy I mentioned months ago and he is only growing more and more intriguing.
              I am ok with not going #1 potential, as long as that "ready" guy can either shoot or defend on the perimeter. Adding another low end PF to the rotation does not help this team in any way.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I mentioned him in the bragging rights prediction thread Delon Wright, without much real thought or consideration, but the more I read on him the more I like him.

From SIs mock draft (they have him going to LA at 27, but I've seen him 22 on other places recent mocks)
                "Enter Wright, a big, savvy playmaker who plays unselfishly and could provide L.A. with minutes next season. He’s an excellent defender, which the Lakers could badly use in the backcourt."

6'5 defending PG who can help immediately. That sounds ideal especially with Casey's penchant for playing 2 guards together. Depending on who falls on draft night, Wright sounds like a solid choice to take.

Comment

I mentioned him in the bragging rights prediction thread Delon Wright, without much real thought or consideration, but the more I read on him the more I like him.

From SIs mock draft (they have him going to LA at 27, but I've seen him 22 on other places recent mocks)
                  "Enter Wright, a big, savvy playmaker who plays unselfishly and could provide L.A. with minutes next season. He’s an excellent defender, which the Lakers could badly use in the backcourt."

6'5 defending PG who can help immediately. That sounds ideal especially with Casey's penchant for playing 2 guards together. Depending on who falls on draft night, Wright sounds like a solid choice to take.
                  Only way I'd take Wright (And I like Wright, a LOT) is if we trade either Lowry or GV for a SF or PF that can help us out now. Otherwise, I don't see the point in drafting a PG in the 1st round.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• yeah Delon Wright would be a solid pick. Don't know if Masai is looking for immediate help though probably going to go for upside again.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Only way I'd take Wright (And I like Wright, a LOT) is if we trade either Lowry or GV for a SF or PF that can help us out now. Otherwise, I don't see the point in drafting a PG in the 1st round.
                      Why? We're not gonna keep Lou Will and we know Lowry is injury prone. Both Lowry and GV are shit defenders so if Wright is a defender people think he is, he could help a lot. Lowry and GV can play off ball as well. It sucks for Ross though because he won't have minutes as a SG but fuck Ross
                      Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu May 21, 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I mentioned him in the bragging rights prediction thread Delon Wright, without much real thought or consideration, but the more I read on him the more I like him.

yeah i was just reading about him last night, seems like an intriguing prospect who could help right out the gate.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          He's on for this coming year. So he's expiring. All the guys who were done after this past season have already expired. They can't be traded, so any player coming back in a Vasquez trade will have this coming year on their contract just like Vasquez, unless you can find a John Salmons special (unguaranteed contract) but that usually costs a first rounder.
                          yeah, sorry i meant like another year. didn't realize this is going to be his last year.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• if we come out of this draft with RHJ i'm going to lose my mind
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Why? We're not gonna keep Lou Will and we know Lowry is injury prone. Both Lowry and GV are shit defenders so if Wright is a defender people think he is, he could help a lot. Lowry and GV can play off ball as well. It sucks for Ross though because he won't have minutes as a SG but fuck Ross
                              Delon plays SG too? The only highlights I've seen of his are at the 1. But his D is his strength, but would Casey play 3 PG's?

(Note: Not in a 3 guard line-up, with Wright guarding the SF hopefully)
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• last year Masai tried getting two late picks but it didn't work out. If Masai gets two late picks that would be sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X