No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bred of NBA basketball being played right now in the conference finals. Proving more and more the use of a players like RHJ
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Like who?

It is a unique time in nba.

Lots of bottom dwellers have been bad for a long time and are looking to finally get ahead while there were 3 lottery teams besieged by serious injuries - Miami, Indiana, and OKC.

Then you have young playoff teams making big strides in NO, Milwaukee, and Boston.

Might be a good time to yang while the majority of league ying.
      Looking around the league, the one team that jumps out to me is Phoenix. Lots of assets, already traded Dragic for Knight for a step backwards.

If plan is to move forward with Knight, Bledsoe and 13 could be an attractive package to some teams.

But I still generally agree with your premise. Feels like a weird transition period for a lot of teams.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        I am willing to make a bet with you that Raptors will not get the #4 from the knicks

Teams like Boston, Indiana, OKC, Heat, king, Detroit are the type of team that will trade their picks.

Again, I am hoping you and DanH are right and we some how get the #4 but as it stands, I do not see it and feel confident ( willing to bet) that it will not happen.
        Any one move is extremely unlikely to happen. So you're not exactly stepping out on a limb with that prediction. But the feasibility of the move is the question.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
          Looking around the league, the one team that jumps out to me is Phoenix. Lots of assets, already traded Dragic for Knight for a step backwards.

If plan is to move forward with Knight, Bledsoe and 13 could be an attractive package to some teams.

But I still generally agree with your premise. Feels like a weird transition period for a lot of teams.
          Interesting. It would have to be Bledsoe.p as Knight is RFA.

Don't forget dragic was leaving anyways. I thought they did fantastic to get return they did....granted they did trade that Lakers pick which is now 2016 top 3 protected.

PHX also has tonnes of cap room this summer.

But yeah, I agree I could see them stepping back.

Bledsoe and 13 certainly more appealing than DD or KL IMO.

Comment

• The raps would have to give up jv as well as kl/dd.

Kl + jv for the 4? May also take a draft pick. That trade makes the knicks a much better team so then you could trake the knicks/denver pick and dd for another high pick or young player. Potentially could get russel and wcs in the draft.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              The raps would have to give up jv as well as kl/dd.

Kl + jv for the 4? May also take a draft pick. That trade makes the knicks a much better team so then you could trake the knicks/denver pick and dd for another high pick or young player. Potentially could get russel and wcs in the draft.
              Ridiculous.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

The raps would have to give up jv as well as kl/dd.

Have you lost your mind?

Lowry and JV for a 4th pick in a meh draft?
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Ridiculous.
                  A good young prospect plus an established all star for a potentially perennial all star? Sounds like the best package the raps could offer to me. I think that is what it would take. a high pick is the most likely way for the raps to get a potentially great player. Not sure what you mean by rediculous. I can say confidently that no gm would trade kl or dd for a top 7 pick by themselves. I think people are overvaluing dd and kl and undervaluing high draft picks.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Have you lost your mind?

Lowry and JV for a 4th pick in a meh draft?
                    Everythink ive read indicates that is is a better draft than people anticipated. The top 4-5 is good. I guess we disagree on how good mudiay/russell is?

Comment

• Lowry and DD for the 4th overall pick. Lowry and JV for the 4th overall pick.

Raptors Republic posters overhyping draft picks/prospects as usual. Sigh.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Everythink ive read indicates that is is a better draft than people anticipated. The top 4-5 is good. I guess we disagree on how good mudiay/russell is?
                        So you believe

Mudiay/Russell > Lowry and JV?

Absolutely ridiculous
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Lowry and DD for the 4th overall pick. Lowry and JV for the 4th overall pick.

Raptors Republic posters overhyping draft picks/prospects as usual. Sigh.
                          If the plan was to tank, that's still a bad trade LOL. Pretty sure the Raps can get a whole lot more than just the 4th overall pick on an AVERAGE draft class.for Lowry/DD or Lowry/JV.

You guys.......
                          Last edited by The Great One; Wed May 20, 2015, 12:52 AM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            If the plan was to tank, that's still a bad trade LOL. Pretty sure the Raps can get a whole lot more than just the 4th overall pick on an AVERAGE draft class.for Lowry/DD or Lowry/JV.

You guys.......
                            Ya its a lot, but im kinda assuming that the knicks primarily want a center. Lowry reasonably has what, 2-3 more years at his current level of production before he declines. Im not going to risk trading my potential star player for 2-3 years of a player unless they put me in immediate contention for a championship. DD is a good scorer but if im the knicks I worry that he wont develop much more, so he is who he is. He is a good scorer, but isnt very efficient. The question there is, how much are you willing to pay for DD when he is a free agent? Also you made a commitment to Melo and DD doesn't seem like the ideal fit with him. JV seems like the best option because he is a good young player with potential at the thinnest position around. At the same time, his progress seemingly stagnated and doesn't seem like a good defender. At this point, I would say that Mudiay has more potential than JV so JV alone would not cut it. They have a young prospect at that point, so more picks seems rather useless and an established player makes more sense. At this point the only starting caliber established players include DD and KL. I would say that KL makes more sense because his contract status is better and is a better two way player. Thats how I look at it if im the knicks. Sorry I was kinda thinking aloud there.

The top 4-5 prospects in this draft all have star potential. Please explain to me why you think this is an average draft class, from what I have read, it lacks a KD or Lebron at the top, but has all the makings of a good draft class after that.

Comment

• Canadian Point Guard.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Okafor is not going to be a star. A very good player, but not great and not a star.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X